[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Free app of the day?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Would making this app free for a day be good for the community?
Yes. 60% [ 3 ]
No. 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5
Sphink

Sphink

I remember I few months back when uniwar was free for a day. There was a wave of new players and it boosted alot of things. The bots ratings went up, the chat room was active and fun, there were plenty of games for the playing, and above all the community was flurishing! This lasted for about a month or two and things slowly went back to normal. Alot of people prolly had a bad expierance with the game as the lost alot of their games (because most of them went straight online and had no idea how the game worked or what to do) and got discuraged because they had a low rating or something or just decided the game was just not for them.

To my point. I think this game could really benefit from a new wave of new players! Also if more people would direct new players to these forums (whenever they asked a question in chat, tell them to post their question on the forums) I think they could get a better understanding of the game and not get disscouraged so easily. I don't know, but right now I think a wave of new players is just what the doctor (Dr. Sphink?) ordered, and is just the boost this community needs.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

It was actually free for a few days, and I'm glad I was one of the lucky people that saw this app on www.freeappaday.com

Without me, Uniwar would be so lifeless...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05, 2010 09:21

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Yes and no

Yes because of what you said, it did bring some nice guys like nfong (nope, uniwar is not resting on your shoulders...) and could give q boost of health to the game.

No because these two months are simply horrible for guys like me. Seriously, I'm forced to turn off random games because a bunch of newbies just hit that same button over and over again without knowing what it really does, and then they leave all their games untouched...
If they could first learn a MINIMUM about the game and we could filter our games by rank, then why, but for the love of god this is not an experience I want to live again.

I'll let them do if they want to, I'll just leave uniwar until things sorts out

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote:
Yes because of what you said, it did bring some nice guys like nfong (nope, uniwar is not resting on your shoulders...)

awwwwwwww...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05, 2010 13:05

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

yeah, i got it when it was free, and i was lucky too. XD but i actually am not reallygood at this game,but i never quit cause it was so fun. this game is my favorite app in the entire store.

i cant leave, the people i have met are nice, the game is very fun, and i just realized there was a forum so, yeah. fun stuff.

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

lol cool pic murlock...
and uniwar is definitely my favorite app in the store...but gameloft games come prettyyyyyy close...
Gameloft was selling all their best games for 99 cents...even NOVA and brothers in arms 2........
I can't believe I missed the sale...

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Haha once Uniwar has it claws on you it won't let go! Especially when you made friends in the small comunity of Uniwar.
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay

(another example of a cool guy from the newb wave, but they are just too scarce...)

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I'm a cool guy not from the newb wave!

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

Nicko wrote: Haha once Uniwar has it claws on you it won't let go! Especially when you made friends in the small comunity of Uniwar.
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay

(another example of a cool guy from the newb wave, but they are just too scarce...)

lol true dat. XD i love games with nice people, it makes the game all the more fun.

and thanks if you were talking about me XP

edit: oh and thanks nfong! urs is cool too XD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08, 2010 06:36

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion