[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Disappearing Chats
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I've noticed that at times a chunk of a games chat log will disappear and I can't get it back, no matter how many times I refresh. Has anyone else experienced this?
rebelxt

rebelxt

same here. i.e, you type something, and it shows up, but then you go elsewhere, come back to chat and don't see what you typed minutes ago.. other's posts disappear as well.
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

We've made some fixes and improvements to the inconsistent chat log saving. It should be better in the next (v1.0.3) update.

Bear in mind, however, that if you leave a game and come back, only the last 10 messages visible are saved. Same goes for the lobby chat.

Also, if you log in with a different account on the same device, the chat logs saved locally on your device are deleted in order to prevent mixing up different people's messages.
rebelxt

rebelxt

Robin, thanks for the update!

I'm curious why the chat logs are saved on the phone. Would not it be easier to persist all chat msg's on the server and do no client-side caching?
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

That's actually the point. Some of the load on the server is reduced if chat logs are dispersed among client devices.

Also, in order to not do any unnecessary network activity, chat messages are only updated when there are new messages to receive. So keeping some of the log on the client saves a little bit network transfer time when you start the game, and there are no new chat messages, since it doesn't have to download messages you've already seen.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

Robin,

Just wanted to thank you and the rest of the UniWar team for all of your quick responses to our questions and concerns. I can't wait for 1.0.3!
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions