[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A Uniwarrior's Guide to the Titans...or something like that.
Forum Index » Titans
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

For those of you who don't know me, I'm nfong, and titans are my favorite race. A few general rules about titans before we begin:
1) Don't charge with titans unless you're absolutely ready. (i.e. you have walkers, tanks, assimilators, and anything else you need to crush your opponent)
2) Titans are probably NOT the best choice on a map with a lot of mountains/rocks...(i.e. the great wall and green valley) The only titan units that can get past mountains/rocks are mechas and assimilators, though I suppose you could teleport some eclipses through...
3) Beware of ninjalings! Protect your walkers from those ants!!! Make a "meat wall" of mechas to protect your walkers...try to cover up the majority of hexes! I cannot stress this enough!!!

Okay, that's enough rules for nowwwwww...I'm going to go over a brief description of each titan unit and a race by race strategy.

1)Mecha: Description: Your regular little teleporting robot with low mobility and killer guns.
My tips on using these: Use these to teleport to out-of-reach bases, but never teleport them next to sapien bases unless you're about to win...all the sap player has to do is build an engineer and there goes your mecha. Also use these as a meat wall to cover up those pesky ants.
2)Assimilator: Description: Your typical everyday robot healer that can detonate a blast that makes things go boom!
My tips on using these: Put these next to your walkers/tanks to make them heal faster. Take advantage of their awesome UV! It's awesome!!!!!!!! A good example of UV's awesomeness is when you attack a wyrm with your walker from the safety of 4-5 away. Your attack does 8-9 damage...but you don't have any other units to attack the wyrm! That's when you use UV! Take out that wyrm with 1-2 blasts of UV! and if you don't, a smart krahls player will have a few infectors standing by, so that 1-2 health wyrm would become fully healed by the next turn.
3)Speeder: Description: A fast robot. yay! My tips on using these: This is my least-built titan unit...but they're still pretty useful. With their 2 repair and move after attack, you can sit on a base that was previously occupied.
4)Eclipse: Description: A robot that makes aerial units run for their mommies. My tips on using these: This is becoming more and more my favorite titan unit. First of all, it's the best AA in the game! It does 8 to swarmers, and 5-6 to helis/garudas from the safety of 2

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 09:59

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

(continued from top) I think I ran out of room up there...
hexes away! Also, like I just said, it has 1-2 range, which is awesome. This unit has high mobility for a ground heavy unit, and it can also teleport! So eclipses are pretty awesome and can be used for a wide variety of things.
5) Plasma Tank: Description: The stronger version of the sapien tank.
My tips on using these: Make a wall with these high-defense units. With assimilators behind them, these guys are basically indestructible!
6) Walker: Description: Your typical long range unit...except more expensive with more range.
My tips on using these: Use these to attack your opponent's wyrms/batteries from the safety of 5 hexes away. And use these with assimilators for a deadly combo...This is the most expensive non-aquatic unit, so keep them safe from ants!
7) Hydronaut: Description: A long-range boat that floats in water...or something like that.
My tips on using these: Take advantage of its long range and attack leviathons/destroyers from 4 hexes away. You probably don't want to use these on small water maps...

My race to race strategies coming next............

Thanks for reading this guideeeeee. Please post any comments/questions/angry outbursts below.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 09:59

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

What's your highest rating with Titans? How do you deal with mass buried underlings? That's one of the only ways I lose, but I lose to it consistently...

Normally the Khrals player builds underlings, Pinzers, and backs them up with Wyrms...

If I build walkers, I'm constantly paranoid about moving and protecting them from buried underlings and they slowly pick me apart me with buried underlings and wyrms from long range. Very frustrating...

And just to be clear, I pretty much always completely surround my walkers with units. The Khrals player just kills one of my units with buried underlings and then unburrows another underling that occupied that space to attack my walker....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 16:16

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

You can't have just one robot surrounding a walker
A swarmer can hit
Make sure you have quite a few robots around your walker
Also have assimilators..if they do take down a walker..you'll take a spyder...which is extremly helpful
Try to soon replace the robots with plasmas(although with plasmas, you defenitly don't need more than a line of two surrounding a walker
When I say two surrounding a walker I mean two on every side of te walker
At least that is how I would deal with them

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

You want a few tanks, assimilators, and mechas around your walkers...
watch out for a swarmer's 1-2 range...and keep some eclipses handy.
and dr. pepper, you probably don't want to keep moving around your walkers that much...just my opinion.

and if they're picking apart your army with wyrms, try moving your walkers into range while teleporting a bunch of mechas next to the wyrms...give the krahl player two things to deal with at once.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 17:30

MasonC

MasonC

but if you have units all around your walkers then the opponent can gust stay out of your walkers range and slowly mass in numbers
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

that's why you charge once you're ready!

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

And you can also amass in numbers...but walkers have the greatest range of units...
Make sure you attack when you're ready!

Didn't see your post there, gnofn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26, 2010 18:45

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

yeahokay xilfxin

...or something like that.

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

It's nearly impossible to get 2 units of every side of your walker lol. If you're not up against an edge, you're talking about 12 titan units which is extremely expensive and time consuming. I've tried landing on them with ground heavy units but it gets tiring and cumbersome to determine where buried underlings are on every turn when the opponent has 5+ buried.

Again I ask, what is your rating nfong? I can play Titans up to around a 1900-2000 and I'm a 2100 rated Sapiens.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I'm 1980ish
but don't expect too much out of me...

which map would you like to play on dr. pepper?

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Why am I reading this? I never play titans xD

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote: Why am I reading this? I never play titans xD

Maybe you should...they're epic! xD

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I tried, I even thought they'd be my favorites when I started (maybe for the looks?) but I just hate playing them, it's boring and too slow...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

I might start picking up Titans to enrich my Uniwarrior experience, but I'm most concerned about facing Khraleans. I usually play Khraleans, and Underling/Swarmer spam with some Pinzers (+2 heal allows it to blockade any Titan advance while the Khral player gets Underlings ready. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Underlings can damage every single Titan unit within range) can kill Titans on most non-aquatic games. On Aquatic maps, Hydronauts pose a real threat, but Khraleans should still have a decent advantage.
Forum Index » Titans