[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Scamble should be taken off the map list.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Solitary

Solitary

Scamble should be taken off the map list. Or, a feature which requires that if your unit has taken damage or if you are beng captured, that you still lose rating points. Most of the mid-high ranked players I meet are complete garbage who can only play well on "gotcha" maps.
Solitary

Solitary

To expand on that a little, I've encountered a lot of players who use scramble to inflate their rating with trappy play and then just abandon before the 3 rounds are up if you counter it. Also 70% of the games I see every time I log in are either on scramble or too close which are both maps where that type play is workable xD. I don't see any merit in those maps existing in their current format as they are purely orientated towards cheap wins and without some modification to the map or to the rules then they are worthless >.<.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

On the subject, in considering new ranking system, points won should decrease when playing the same map repeatedly or disproportionately (some reasonable formula that wouldn't affect players who don't camp on a few maps.) Reward diversity. Players who can adapt to different situations are probably better all-around players anyway.

Ah, the joy of getting these silly players out of book.
MasonC

MasonC

I don't think that there is any problem with playing the same map lots of times someone could gust like one map more then others.
But if say scramble is a bad map then couldn't there be a rule that that if the map is really small then its two moves till its rated?
Solitary

Solitary

Scramble is just not a good map, no-one can beat blue sapiens if played correctly anyways (and I'll prove that against anyone). The only people who've beaten me as blue sapiens were using hacks to alter the damage of my units xD. I stopped playing the map anyways after I realised it was just a straight up wni for blue as I dislike inflating my rating with boring games!
MasonC

MasonC

I did some tests as well and came up with the same thing of blue sapiens wining all the time. Do you no of any other maps with forced wins?
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Mason what's your score.

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

I would agree that "Scramble" is a gotcha map that is flawed...
What about we remove it in a future update?

Whomever is against it, please come forward with a good argument otherwise it will be deleted in the future.
Thanks!
Solitary

Solitary

Excellent, thank you kralux \o/.
Forum Index » New Feature Request