[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Code of Conduct
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Here is a basic code of conduct. Feel free to comment and we will add clauses that make sense.

1. A player shall never insult another player or write profanities or inappropriate language in the chat rooms.

2. It is totally unacceptable to enter a RATED game with two accounts controlled by the same person.

3. In FFA, players are not allowed to enter a game with the goal of colluding against others. That should be done in team matches. However, after the game has started, new alliances that were not pre-planned are acceptable.

Any player found to have broken any of these rules will be subject to a perma ban (permanently banned from the game with no refund).

The UniWar Team

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28, 2014 16:28

Solitary

Solitary

Is there a way of adding a rule against rating inflation by abusing the quitting within 3 rounds rule? I've missed out on quite a lot of points in rated games where people start off a game with some trappy but unsound opening, then quit if I don't fall for it.

It's pretty annoying to have someone quit a lost game and not lose any rating points over it xD.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Kralux you may want to make this an in-game announcent or something.
Many people are unaware that this forum exists

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote: Kralux you may want to make this an in-game announcent or something.
Many people are unaware that this forum exists

and also the people that know this forum exists are too lazy to look at it

maybe after the map editor update you can add a button that takes you to the forums?

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Solitary wrote: Is there a way of adding a rule against rating inflation by abusing the quitting within 3 rounds rule? I've missed out on quite a lot of points in rated games where people start off a game with some trappy but unsound opening, then quit if I don't fall for it.

It's pretty annoying to have someone quit a lost game and not lose any rating points over it xD.

Solitary, that is probably one of the stat we should add to each players so that you can check out the "defection rate" of a player before starting a game with him. This way, players with lack of fair play will be avoided by the community.
Thank you for this good comment.

Kralux

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26, 2010 19:15

Solitary

Solitary

Sounds good . Maybe have the abandoning rate stat only increase if you quit round two or three as well, I do get that a lot of players won't want to play people who are 500 points below them as in most cases you won't get a good game out of a 1500 player if they join your game xD. Or maybe just have a minimum rating option when you create a game?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

lol I wasn't aware of this.
Yeah solitary it happens to me only when I did a HUGE mistake (like not capture a base, why would I do that??) but don't remove the 3 turns unrated rule, it's very useful when you get tons of random and rated games from a 1500 for some reason and don't want to play with him.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I think being able to set a minimum rating for people to play/challenge you would be handy. I'm not big on the whole avoiding someone 100 points below you thing as I think it's just something weak players do if they're scared of losing, but more than 200 points below is normally not a fun game xD.

I'd have a setting but also restrict it so people can't get "too" fussy over who takes their games! It would just prevent stupid things like a first time player challenging a 2000 point player, which is basically a waste of time.
jeremiad

jeremiad

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to see min rating setting for team matches.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Kralux, nice game, thx

About Code.
I play a lot and i think that there is nothing bad and unfair to play by several accounts in your team in team games. It's more difficult to play in team by many your accounts than with other players. One head good, but many - better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20, 2011 14:07

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

kralux, how exactly will u enforce the code?
da da da

da da da

Where do I report players that have blatantly abused this code specifically when I join a six player ffa and its clear that two players have been teaming up from the beginning and both are moving around the map in opposite directions with unprotected bases sitting ri ght next to each other. It destroys a facet of the game. I feel as though I can only play 1v1 now.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

My best advice is to not play rated FFA multiplayer if you dont know anything about the other players.

You can also make a post under the forum "trustworthy multiplayer game players" to warn others, and see if others have had similar experience with them.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
BRC_Raistlin

BRC_Raistlin

Old thread, but let's see. Kralux: the question was how to enforce the rules. I had abuse from a player named RawlnU, but there is no way to report it or do anything about it. I just ignore it for now, but it is not exactly adding to the fun of the game.
regard87

regard87

Is there any system in place to stop people from stealing a created map and republishing it under his/her name?

I dont know how often this happens, but I know I've seen identical maps in the past under different user names.
Just now I noticed a user named BlitzAce71 published a 6 person map named Chinese Checkers which is a copy of IGROUNDZERO's PerfectStar. Its the most recent 6 person map which is how I noticed. I knew the map immediatly because the creator IGROUNDZERO is a friend and I help him test all his maps along with a group of other players. It doesnt even look like the guy changed a single thing.

This might not be a big issue but in the end the people contributing these maps spend time creating them and it's a shame for someone to put it out in thier name stealing his/her credit.

Which sparks the question, can it be made so that only a maps creator can "Upload" the map? Obviously uploading a map serves a viable purpose so you can test multiple maps at a time, uploading it, editing and republishing it until its perfect. But other than the creator could others be restricted from doing so? That way if you really want to steal a persons map you have to create it from scratch, which would probably dissuade a person too lazy to make thier own to beginwith.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Forum Index » General Discussion