[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar 2- Big Picture
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

So lots of people have ideas about new units and changing colors for uniwar 2, and these are nice to talk about, but i would like to look at the bigger picture.
First of all, it seems to me that some people are viewing uniwar 2 as just a big update to uniwar. I don't know if this is wrong for sure, but I would think if it got the "2" added to it, its a whole new game. keeping this in mind, i would like to propose this: that uniwar 2 is released as a free browser game, and not even released on mobile consoles. You might object to this immediately, but listen to my arguments first.
1) uniwar has already hit the mobile market, and uniwar 2 would just make everybody move out of uniwar, making online play not as available on uniwar. Also, releasing uniwar 2 as a browser game would reach out to a different, but equally interested, audience.
2) uniwar is already great! it fits perfectly on the mobile platform, being easy to use and still complex enough to be fun. If they release uniwar 2 on mobile, i think many people will see it as the same game with new races, or just a re-skinning of the game. Or worse yet, it could be too complex and unmanagable.
3) being on a computer screen will give the game a lot more screen space, which will allow for more complex interactions than a tiny mobile screen can offer. for example, could you imagine playing Age of Empires or starcraft on a mobile platform? it would be terrible.

Feel free to argue these points, or add any of your own. its not completely impossible to change my mind.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

All I have to say is that the odds that Uniwar 2 will ever be launched is close to aroundddddddddd 25%.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29, 2010 16:33

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

+75%

And it's taking them a while to make uniwar 2. It's a lot of programming.
Idk how it works If you could just "convert" it into computer-form (these mobile devices have a touch screen...most computers dont)
May or may not be a lot more work
And if they did, I would like a mobile version too, or I would be on alot less often.

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I personally couldn't care if Uniwar 2 does/doesn't come out...

Well I mean what is there to add? The only thing I can think of is new units...

Because a new update will be launched adding the map editor, the # of maps should be fine. The game just needs some bug patches but that's about it.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Nixflix wrote:
And if they did, I would like a mobile version too, or I would be on alot less often.

My point was that uniwar 2 will hopefully (in my opinion) have alot more features that would be hard to cram onto a mobile screen. take clans for example. if they add in clans as a feature, people are probably going to want to do something with their clan, probably like clan v clan matches and clan forums, to name a few. these features would best be implemented on a larger screen. have you ever tried to visit these forums on mobile safari from an ipod touch/iphone? its terrible. i recognize that these forums are not designed for mobile, but you would still have people who have really long posts (mainly me) and scrolling along a tiny screen would get even more tedious than reading the whole thing on a computer.
Also, if they released uniwar 2 on mobile, many people would switch from uniwar to uniwar 2, and uniwar's online community would shrink considerably. there is no reason for this to happen, as uniwar is a fine game and is very well balanced already.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29, 2010 18:46

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Ive been on the uniwar forums on the computer around 3 times.
All other times have been on my iPhone
I only see your point if attracting more plAyers and the game having more features.

Sorry if i offended you
Forum Index » New Feature Request