[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Swarmers
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

I'm having trouble making this guy useful. Early on, it's a great aerial unit that can defend a base against infantry, but its cost is a little steep in my opinion. As soon as Pinzers and Wyrms are taken out, Swarmers are only used for Gang Up Bonus.

So yeah, it's this right about what Swarmers do? Just Anti-Infantry and late-game Gang Up?
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I do like spamming swarmers when I am making alot more money then my enemy
If your against titans and they are using robots to cover up walkers, then I find it very useful to position a spyder under a robot thts adjacent to a walker, then kill the robot with two swarmers, then letting the spyder pop out and attack it. It can be very hard to defend against that as titans
Now that I think about it, yes anti infantry

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Nixflix wrote: I do like spamming swarmers when I am making alot more money then my enemy
If your against titans and they are using robots to cover up walkers, then I find it very useful to position a spyder under a robot thts adjacent to a walker, then kill the robot with two swarmers, then letting the spyder pop out and attack it. It can be very hard to defend against that as titans
Now that I think about it, yes anti infantry

Hmm, I'll try to try swarmers (if that even makes sense). Pinzers just excel at Anti-Infantry once you get one out, and Wyrms are a better ranged unit. Is the Gang-up Bonus from Swarmers useful? (hence the name)
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

It is useful, but I think, I think arial units can only get +1 gang up bonus
But goulin, if you have 4 bases(that are somewhat spread apart) and your enemy sends bunches of light infantrys, you may wish to make swarmers instead due to their mobility.
But pinzers are very good at defending, even from a palsma tank

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Pinzer + Heals + Wyrm is always nice for defense. I mean, I'm more fond of walling my Khraeleans like Titans - I don't understand why people call Khraleans "offensive". I should play online more often.
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Hmmm, the Swarmer is quite nice as a supporter. I personally wouldn't spam it like I spam Garudas or Underlings, but having even one on the field allows for nice gang ups against helicopters (Swarmer + Garuda against a Helicopter is ferocious) and a nice ranged Anti-Inf. that can get to where it needs to be before a Wyrm gets there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30, 2010 16:10

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Yes I loveeee what you say about khrlanean defense
But people say that becuase of their low cost, high mobility, and their artillery has only one to three range, but can attack
After move >:D
I mostly like to play khraleans like your saying on map deadmonk(but only against titans themselves),greatly due to the small size of the map.

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Meh, Sapiens are totally better at the speed game. Marauders and Tanks are cheap; Marauders and Helis are fast. However, Wyrm > Battery any day.

I totally agree with you about Dead Monk. Helicopters will run right through the forest and become a pain in the ass. On the other hand, Titans are a pushover: Garudas/Stingers cross the forest while you get a Pinzer to hold the chokepoint or kill them Eclipses. As a Khral player, I like non-Aquatic maps with narrow chokepoints (Pinzer + Wyrm. My favorite). Thermopylae is my favorite (an ambush with Garudas and burrowed Underlings with an army of Pinzers and Wyrms is just epic) - Dead Monk and Gold Rush are cool ones too.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

guolin wrote: Thermopylae is my favorite (an ambush with Garudas and burrowed Underlings with an army of Pinzers and Wyrms is just epic)

sniff...There are still Thermo lovers out there! Hurray!
also I don't agree about titans being a pushover...would you like to test that Mr. Mudkip?

@nix Would you like to see my awesome strategy with titans against krahleans? xD

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Sure

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

nfong wrote:
  guolin wrote: Thermopylae is my favorite (an ambush with Garudas and burrowed Underlings with an army of Pinzers and Wyrms is just epic)

sniff...There are still Thermo lovers out there! Hurray!
also I don't agree about titans being a pushover...would you like to test that Mr. Mudkip?

@nix Would you like to see my awesome strategy with titans against krahleans? xD

In Dead Monk? I'll pass for now.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

okay.
Invite me when you're ready mudkip
I prefer the fire guy though...what was his name? Torchic? xD

[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

nfong wrote: okay.
Invite me when you're ready mudkip
I prefer the fire guy though...what was his name? Torchic? xD

Pfft, I'll play you Khraeleans to Titans on Thermos, though.

I admit, Blaziken is cooler than Swampert, but there's no way Torchic is better than Mudkip.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

What's your rating? I've beaten 1800+ krahleans on thermo with titans

[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Pfft, rating only measures how little of a life you have/how much time you've spent farming bots.
Forum Index » Khraleans