[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Order of Aerial Attack
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
sonepper

[Avatar]
sonepper

When attacking with a swarmer and garuda, does the order of attack make a difference in damage done? Thanks in advance!
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I'm pretty sure it does but not certain
Its usually a good idea to attack with swarmer then Garuda, because the enemy will then have lower hp when the garuda attacks so it will recieve less damage
I'm not 100% on ranged gang up bonus though, so ill let someone else tell you about that

Sorry if i offended you
Sphink

Sphink

I think I covered order of attack in my guide from way back... If I recall correctly units with a range of 2 can only recieve a gang up bonus of 1... I don't remember though. Maybe look back in general disscussion and see what I said. I'm too lazy. Or maybe someone will post it here for you.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Definately attack with Swarmer first. Unless you're going against Infantry, Swarmers will usually do an insignificant amount of damage anyway, and +1 ranged Gang-up isn't bad at all. Also, your Garuda suffers a reduced counterattack.

Against Infantry, it's a +1 Gang-up bonus in any case, so you should still attack with Swarmer first for a reduced counterattack.

All this is assuming you use Swarmer from a range, though.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

guolin wrote: Definately attack with Swarmer first. Unless you're going against Infantry, Swarmers will usually do an insignificant amount of damage anyway, and +1 ranged Gang-up isn't bad at all. Also, your Garuda suffers a reduced counterattack.

Against Infantry, it's a +1 Gang-up bonus in any case, so you should still attack with Swarmer first for a reduced counterattack.

All this is assuming you use Swarmer from a range, though.

Congrats, you've earned a 5 star rating. Please come again.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'm pretty sure swarmers can have more than just one gang up bonus... At least I'm 100% sure you can use the ranged/melee bonus and the backstab bonus (one in front and the other behind, +3 I believe)...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Nicko wrote: I'm pretty sure swarmers can have more than just one gang up bonus... At least I'm 100% sure you can use the ranged/melee bonus and the backstab bonus (one in front and the other behind, +3 I believe)...

That is assuming melee Swarmers. My examples were exclusively using Ranged Swarmers.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Oh right then you only have a +1 bonus.
But what you do in this case is you hit ranged, hit ranged next to the previous attacker then attack melee if he's not done yet. If you can, ALWAYS USE BACKSTAB!!!!! It's so freaking amazing what positioning can accomplish on two armies composed of solely swarmers.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » Khraleans