[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Helicopter change
Forum Index » General Discussion
searchlight

searchlight

Nice job with the helicopter nerf. It was necessary, and you didn't go overboard. I think it'll improve balance.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I would like to start with saying I 100% agree with the change

But am not impressed on how it was done all online games I play give advance notice of any changes

I can think of 2 - 3 games I will now probably lose as a result if I had some notice I would have adjusted my positions accordingly and may have been able to have avoided these losses

Please in future give 48 hours notice

Many thanks for the great game
ADHDeveloper

ADHDeveloper

I saw the message and didnt quiet read it. Can someone tell me what the nerf is?
Anonymous

Anonymous
If you log on to the online game, there is a message that sais that for Helicopter units repair per turn was lowered from 2 points to 1 point. Attack strength against light ground units went from 13 to 12.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I don't like the change, it really changes strategy and now helicopters suck compared to before.
LiLNipsFatal

LiLNipsFatal

I'm a Sapiens player and I do think Helis were overpowered especially against Khraleans, but I don't like how quickly this change was made. It didn't seem like there was too much thinking behind the decision.

Although I do think the Helicopter needed some tweaking, I would have preferred the community to discuss and vote on the change before it going straight into production.

Additionally, it's interesting because while Helis were overpowered against Khraleans, it's really the ONLY viable strategy against Khraleans IMO.

A good Khraleans player buries several units and makes it very difficult for a Sapiens player to win playing the ground game.

Helicopters mixed with infantry is still really powerful vs khraleans, especially considering infantry can do a lot of damage to air units. It's just more of a fair fight now. No the sapiens tanks and batteries aren't good vs kharaleans but they're not supposed to be.

Also for those saying they didn't like how the change was handled... I don't know what you guys really expect but this is a 99 cent game, or maybe 2.99 if you bought it at the wrong time, and there's not exactly a huge community and I don't think the developer is a big company either. Lower your expectations of what you want from them as far as notice about updates and stuff goes. They're doing a great job and made a great game but it's not like they're Blizzard and this is Starcraft.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I agree the Helos were WAAAY overpowered but it seems unfair that no ground Khraleans get an opportunity to shoot at Helos. To balance this out may I suggest you make a 150 cost ground Khraleans that spits at flying targets?
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

LiLNipsFatal wrote: I'm a Sapiens player and I do think Helis were overpowered especially against Khraleans, but I don't like how quickly this change was made. It didn't seem like there was too much thinking behind the decision.

Although I do think the Helicopter needed some tweaking, I would have preferred the community to discuss and vote on the change before it going straight into production.

Additionally, it's interesting because while Helis were overpowered against Khraleans, it's really the ONLY viable strategy against Khraleans IMO.

A good Khraleans player buries several units and makes it very difficult for a Sapiens player to win playing the ground game.

There was actually A LOT of thinking behind this decision and the UniWar team did not take it lightly at all.
This kind of decision has great consequences and we made it to improve the balance of this game. We are fully behind this game and our goal is to make it a big license over time so that it becomes something like a StarCraft with a large community of players. Part of this will be to port this game over all the other handsets on the market and possibly the XBLA, ...
SledgeHunter

SledgeHunter

Another solution to balance the races could be to create a new type of unit for each race. I think it gives even more strategy to the game.
lorfje

lorfje

A new unit for each race seems an attractive idea, but it could just as well ruin the game as it could enrich it. So, maybe only for a major update, and after a lot of playtesting. A public online beta cycle maybe? That would be fun!
Anonymous

Anonymous
First let me say that the change to the Helicopter units was 100% needed. The game was completely unbalanced before the change.

I actually think that there is still a problem with balance since even now Sapiens have a huge advantage over Khraleans.

We need to fix this, but need to be very carefull since every small change we make can have unexpected consequences and can upset the balance further.

I suggest 2 small changes that will fix this problem and are guaranteed not to upset the balance in the game.

1) Lower the attack strength of Heli's against flying units by 1 point. This will have no impact against titans (since they have no flying units) and will give Khraleans dragons and mosquitoes a fighting chance.

2) Increase the attack strength of the Khralean units against flying units. Again, this will not affect fights against titans in any way (since titans have no flying units) and will give the Khraleans a fighting chance against Heli's.

zCRP

zCRP

You forget that mosquitoes and dragons cost much less than helis. I think the heli change has done enough to rebalance things.
Anonymous

Anonymous
2 Helis cost about the same as 3 dragons. Is there any doubt that the 2 Helis are far stronger and more manuverable than 3 dragons?

Would you be interested in playing out a fight where I have 4 Heli's and you have 6 dragons? The Heli's would easily win.
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Me! Me! I would be interested in this!

Seriously, 6 Garudas win against 4 Helis if they gang up nicely. So I think the balance works quite well now between Sapiens and Khraleans.
Forum Index » General Discussion