[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Named and Shamed \o/
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

Let's pick out some obvious cheats or people who've obviously inflated their rating artificially . I may be missing some off the list but I am giving a huge benefit of the doubt in this list >.<.

1st TmorT 3611 Khraleans 191 23 3 - Sorry, that's impossible without rating inflation TmorT ^_^

2nd bulldog 3539 Sapiens 352 52 3 - Rating just too high, too high xD. Less than 4 points for beating rank 2

3rd JTMatrix 3107 Titans 517 13 0 - Only 13 losses in 517 games, rofl

7. wungman 3012 Titans 274 2 0 - Hahaha!

8. Unihope 3006 Sapiens 230 14 6 - Sorry unihope, not convinced by that either

9. Braden 2993 Khraleans 345 27 0 - Dodgy ratio & 99% of players over 300 points weaker, see below

10. ITouchUniWar 2961 Sapiens 238 25 4 - Who is he playing to get those points??? Av = 6-8 per game

11. xcscott 2943 Titans 418 31 1 - That ratio is impossible in legit games, however good you are

13. properso 2841 Khraleans 1413 238 28 - Not quite as good at rating inflation as the rest, rofl!!!

14. javischak 2772 Khraleans 276 15 2 - Yawn, loads of legit players in the top 20 xD

15. patman1138 2746 Khraleans 276 22 0
16. kyoseed 2733 Khraleans 194 12 0
18. Karaganda 2711 Khraleans 409 32 10 - average point gain per win is less than 4, lol

I've ommited some dodgy looking top 20 players on the grounds of it being being just about possible their points were earned in legitimate games, but kralux should start swinging the axe as most of the top 100 is garbage xD. On chess servers and in chess leagues which operate on a similar ranking system it is basically impossible to ever get over 2800 if you are playing people who have a reasonable chance of beating you. Because you can inflate rating with bots and with multiplayer games you'd expect a slightly higher maximum rating but for most of these players I'd only have one question...

Do we want all the top ladder slots to be occupied by bot farmers and cheats?

Thanks for reading .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14, 2010 12:53

Sphink

Sphink

All this hype over the top ten list. What about the bugs that need to be fixed? The exploits that give an unfair advantage to your opponet? Everyone know the top ten list is trash. And it's not hard to find a legit player in the 2000-2400 range. What about the players who have an "unbeatable" strategy against a certian race on a certain map and kick all players that don't join with that race (iluvkim)? Are they "legit"? Do they need their ratings reset? How about a "smart" rating system that keeps track of say the past 25 games and compares them, rounds played, credits spent, units lost/killed, map, yours and your opponets race, and not reward flexability but punnish people that play the same type games. I would be in the punnished group as when I played alot I mostly only played sapian vs. Sapian or khralean vs. Khralean.

I could care less about who's on the top ten. I'm more concerned about my current opponet and being sure he's not using an exploit that is giving him an advantage over me. If people wanna waste their time getting under your skin by having their name in the top ten, more power to them. I think your giving them even more attention which is what they want in the first place.

All in all. I quit this game because of exploits giving an unfair advantage and I feel bad if I use them because they might not be, and if I don't use them then they might be giving an unfair advantage against me. I care a WHOLE lot more of my win percentage then a rating. But the rating just proves my win percentage wasn't from owning noobs. I'm done ranting lol.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Solitary

Solitary

I just think anyone who has a rating that's not legit should get reset. I'm confident the exploits will get fixed over time and the level editor function which is planned should help create a lot more good and balanced maps. Smart rating system would be a good idea to add to it and a more active way of reporting cheats and getting them banned but in general terms if you keep wiping the accounts of people who abuse the system, they'll stop playing. xD
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I say we need a general wipe. Wiping just the top 100 is unfair IMO. And personally I wouldn't mind starting from 1500 again.
The exploits needs to be fixed ASAP of course. Custom maps that are rated? Not going to happen. Although I'm sure we can have very creative and balanced content, most of the uploads won't be.
Smart rating could be good, but regular wiping and fixed exploits along with then possibility to report and ban should be enough. Q

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I wouldn't mind a complete wipe either along with saving people's ratings and removing them from the ladder if they are inactive for 3 months, then reinstate if they play again. A fair number of those players haven't played rated games in ages as well and it sucks not having an up to date ranking system of players still in the game. It would actually be really fun starting again from fresh and seeing who can fly up the rankings fastest although I might just be saying that due to being less than 3 months experience :o.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

That's definitively something I want to see...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
wungman

wungman

wow, based on what that you suspect me of cheating? I assure you that i have not cheated to get my points and ranking ...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 25, 2010 14:15

Solitary

Solitary

2 losses against 274 wins, seriously?

No-one is that good who plays competative games although any time you want to best of five me and prove how good you are by comfortably winning every single one of them, step up . Five games on five different maps, you can host three of them and no maps heavily favouring one race over another or heavily favouring the host.

Or you can just admit here in front of everyone that your ranking is not genuine.
wungman

wungman

first of all, what constitute as cheating? how do you define it?
with your best guess, how did i get my ranking/points?
MasonC

MasonC

I see you have not responded about the 5 round challenge just got.
wungman

wungman

MasonC wrote: I see you have not responded about the 5 round challenge just got.

yeah, i don't really care to play him. I don't doubt that he'll probably beat me.
MasonC

MasonC

But you have such a large rating how did you get that then if your scared to play someone with a much lower rating?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Wungman, you probably got your points by playing 8 player matches with your various other accounts

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
wungman

wungman

Solitary wrote:Or you can just admit here in front of everyone that your ranking is not genuine.

ok, is everyone here? my ranking ... is not ... genuine.

ok, why the confession now?
i didn't read the post carefully ... didn't see the part about bot farming.

long story short, bought this game just to play with friends. didn't care to play with strangers. started playing bots to learn. friends stopped playing. i just kept playing bots since then. realize i can play rated games with bots, then made it a goal to see if i can get over 3k points that way. (at the time, the 1st place user only had 3k points). after crossing that threshold, stopped playing all together, until recently when my friends started playing again. i've never created additional accounts, only played bots (free for all, full planet map).

hope this confession is acceptable to y'all!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 25, 2010 18:43

MasonC

MasonC

Well I am glad that admitted it at last it must have gotten boring playing bots all the time.
Forum Index » General Discussion