[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Strategy guides xD.
Forum Index » General Discussion
Is it worth writing strategy guides?
Yes 50% [ 3 ]
No 33% [ 2 ]
Stop spamming the forums you jackass! 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6
Solitary

Solitary

I was just typing up a revised version of my battery rush and it occured to me that writing it down as an exercise for myself makes me think harder about potential counters, but is it worth posting it up? I've not really seen anything constructive said on my guides in terms of strategic discussion and basically the only thing that's come out of it for me is that every now and then I'll be playing someone I've never heard of, who knows what I'm going to build.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Once the French army got humiliated because the Germans read De Gaulle's book regarding tanks strategy.
Giving away your strategy is cool for us, but not for you

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

Yes I would certainly find it useful.

You might want to capture some basics too, like protect your bases

Look fwd to reading them

GRACIER
Solitary

Solitary

I don't mind getting into strategic debates but that's not what people do with my guides. They just turn it into a race balancing discussion or a map balance discussion because basically no-one wants to commit to saying anything either for fear of being wrong, or just wanting to keep play tips to themselves. Personally I think for the tiny number of people who use this forum it's not exactly a big deal to throw some ideas around but that's not a view shared by anyone apart from me xD.

And gracier, if you'd rather I just decline all invites on maps I'm not interested in I can do that instead ^_^.
[Avatar]
gracier

[Avatar]
gracier

It's up to you, you are very happy to win , however when you make a mistake, and your opponents strategy wins albeit it relied on opponent making a certain mistake...then you can't complain. I.e I will not accept a draw!

To be honest Sol I would really like to continue to battle with you, however you need to take defeat graciously.

Don't accept games if you don't like losing!

I hope to become a very good player, so TBH if you don't want to play me anymore that is your loss

GRACIER
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Solitary wrote:
And gracier, if you'd rather I just decline all invites on maps I'm not interested in I can do that instead ^_^.

Hmmm
Where's this courtesy you extend to all players, hm?

Gracier wrote:
To be honest Sol I would really like to continue to battle with you, however you need to take defeat graciously.

oooooh burn! lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18, 2010 19:36

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

No, you need to take victory graciously. I stopped concentrating when you got strategically crushed in the exact way I expected to happen on that unbalanced map and that's as far as my experience on naval war will go as playing it once just showed exactly why I don't play it at all. I'd never make that kind of slip if I wasn't bored and you earned me waiting until I'm ranked lower or you're ranked higher before I surrender it by your reaction to the win xD.

It's just a boring game with a lapse in concentration changing the result and now you want to have this conversation in public rather than in PM or in game so expect to wait even longer .

Solitary

Solitary

As a side note, stop spamming my threads nfong you jackass. And yes, that is criticising people when you're around and specifically it's criticising you when you're around :o. Can't help noticing as always that you're avoiding any kind of useful contribution to the forums in terms of balance debates or strategy debates and going straight in for some trolling .
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Hmm

You have any examples of me "trolling?"
And I do contribute to the forums. It's not my fault if the only sections you read is sapiens and general discussions

As a side note, please don't double post. The edit button purely exists for that reason.

get-on-down

get-on-down

Maybe someone would write something comstructive if you didn't call everyone who dosnt agree with you a idiot, then to give some reason why your so much smarter then the idiot who just dared to say your wrong. Maybe you could change your attitude. It's kinda hard to have a conversation with someone who thinks they know everything.

In all honesty this is just what I'm getting from reading your posts. Lol I think it's kinda funny that you want people to participate in a conversation with you then to proceed flaming away at people. Not that they didn't deserve it lol. But I still got a laugh at it. Idk I'm just callin it how I see it. I don't mean to offend you.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Me?

Solitary

Solitary

get-on-down wrote: Not that they didn't deserve it lol.

+1

I'm having a perfectly civilised discussion with waxoid in another thread about strategies to try and beat everyone's favorite one map wonder, iluvkim xD. Does that count?
Solitary

Solitary

And I just remembered where I know you from, get-on-down. Lol!

I do wonder sometimes how many people read all this junk and never post anything as I'm always getting random challenges from people who've read my guides and never posted anything on the forum >.<.
Forum Index » General Discussion