[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Dead Monk should be modified
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Solitary

Solitary

The top forest tile in the triangle should be changed to a normal tile or a desert tile. This would give khrals less problems dealing with marine spam and my world renowned single helicopter push which since I went over 1800 hasn't actually lost a single game. It would also widen the choke point for saps vs titans and allow a tank push against single tank and mass speeders which basically can't be beaten with sapiens in the same way as my helicopter push can't really be stopped with khral.

(well, both can be stopped but it requires a large mistake by the person implementing those strategies)
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I agree that saps have an edge over krahls, but I still think saps are quite capable of beating titans on Dead Monk. I can even think of ways of beating my titan strategy on dead monk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20, 2010 15:35

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Lol, single tank then mass speeders isn't your strategy xD.

You went tank, speeder x3, then assimilator, then tank then walker or something like that. And just because you think you have an idea for how to push against titans on dead monk doesn't mean it would actually work if you tried it in a game :o.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

lol Wait what? I guess I'm misunderstanding something xD

You're saying mass speeder isn't my strategy, and then you're saying I make 3 speeders?

But imo, you would've won the game we just played the last few couple of days...your build was one turn too slow...

Solitary wrote: And just because you think you have an idea for how to push against titans on dead monk doesn't mean it would actually work if you tried it in a game :o.

I'd be happy to test this with you unrated. Me as saps and you as titans.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 20, 2010 22:24

Solitary

Solitary

Yeah, 3 speeders is not 4, 5 or 6 :p. That's what players higher ranked than you do on dead monk vs saps and I can't find a way to break in as you have to put a tank on a forest tile to get more than one tank involved, which means the speeders wreck it anyways. Because they have more units than you anyways they can just assimilator and repair for +4 a time and marauders lose against speeders as well. You can't use batteries or engineers to pressure them that easily because the move after attack either keeps them out of range or allows them to jump inside your range if you're not doing an expensive tank/engineer build, then you just get walkered to death later xD.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

hmm

So do you want to test it out with me as saps and you as titans?

oh, and btw, if you want me to, I can post a few tips that most likely would've helped you win yesterday.

Solitary

Solitary

We can give it a whirl, I've worked out a way of forcing titans to deviate from that build but it's not a winning strategy :o. Got some more testing to do before I decide on it xD. Titans tend to play this strategy as red because then you get speeders a turn earlier so if you send me the invite we'll see how it goes .

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

okay

So do you want the tips? lol I really think you would've won yesterday. I mean really.

Solitary

Solitary

Pm them . We'll try to avoid spamming this thread with details of a specific match we played xD.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Definitively need a change, I don't think I ever won a game on that map I got to 2000

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

At this stage I think 8 of my 19 losses are now on dead monk vs titans, lol. The rest are early on in my uniwar learning or miscellaneous games where I was outplayed but 8 of 19 is nearly half and players a lot lower than me on the ladder can win sap vs titan against me.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

lol

What other maps do you like playing solitary?

Solitary

Solitary

Montevideo, rocky, wild plains, laguna niguel, forest walk (mostly sap vs sap) and a few games on starvation every now and then although it's a little slow for me xD. I also like chato hill but it favours red slightly so I don't ever host it, although I would if kralux ever gets round to reading my post and modifying it because it's actually a very well constructed map.
Solitary

Solitary

Well, that game you were a little careless but I think you get the idea either way >.<. Because you can only involve one tank at a time without putting it on a forest then you don't have anything left as speeders outmanouver batteries and engineers very comfortably.
Forum Index » New Feature Request