[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Favorite Titan Map
Forum Index » Titans
benaor

benaor

Hello Community,

Im a long time listener, first time caller. I thoroughly enjoy this wonderful game and tend to gravitate towards the Titans. I'm relatively new and seem to like the Goldrush map, but wanted to know from the community, what is your favorite Titan map and why?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Welcome!

Well of course my top choice would be thermopolyae...pretty hard to beat titans on this map.
second would probably be naval war...just beware of the levi and garuda rush
third is dead monk, I guess...against krahls you just have to make sure the ants are covered up, and against saps you just have to try to bide as much time as possible

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
benaor

benaor

Please expand, what do you like about Thermopolye for Titans. Do you feel that the lack of flying units is a disadvantage?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

No. The length of the map is a definite advantage for titans. If you mass up plasmas and make walkers/eclipses/assimilators, you should have an easy win. Against krahls, you'll prbly also want to make mechas.

Btw on gold rush, I think saps and krahls can easily beat titans...A sap/krahl rush can take out your army easily.

benaor

benaor

How about the rest of the community, what are some of your favorite Titan maps? Nfong, I have started playing Thermopolye and it is going well so far, I havent faced any high ranked opponents yet though.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

You can invite me if you want

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I hate titans

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

NO TITAN HATE HERE.

prestonian

prestonian

I like Kwai River Bridge. If you can survive spams of dragons in the beginning, your good. I set up eclipses on the shores and walkers in the middle near the mountain with an assimilator on the rocks. if im playing against bugs, i surround the walkers with meccas (i usually build up to 3 or 4 walkers). I usually defend for several turns (like 40) and build up tons of meccas and eclipses and teleport over all at once. after doing that 2 or 3 times (if you have a good apponant, you will not be successful), the 4th or 5th time i will start to move my tanks and walkers across the bridge. I don't think it's the best map for the Titans, but it's my favorite.

my tips- be sure to surround your bases with meccas if playing against bugs (especially in the trees). if bugs do pop up, convert them. Plasma tanks are awesome against the helicopters of the saps. get 4 or 5 of them out front when moving across the bridge.

a reminder- im not the best player by any means, nor do i claim to be... actually... i kinda suck. lol. I always find myself losing on this map (prob 50/50), but i still love to play it. Please feel free to offer me some advice or talk more about this map.

THE CHINAMAN!
aNinja

aNinja

My favorite for Titans is montevideo. The Titans' sea range has a definite advantage there. Also, the teleport ability allows Titans to gain the neutral base rapidly.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Desolate. Not easy, but better chance of surviving Khral than these other maps mentioned, probably.
arlyb

arlyb

Kings Crossing map in team mode. Get two Titan players, beam across the middle bases with your mechas and at least one eclipse tank. Beam to the enemy side of the bases so as to deny them any access to the bases. Block the opposing team from ever getting a base in the middle and then claim those bases yourselves. Absolutely unstoppable. I've beaten bugs and saps with this technique.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Yes, well if you can cinch a victory with teleport we'd probably just settle on calling it unbalanced, and with the new maps there's a bunch of those. Having lots of bases on islands that no one else can capture is one handy way to help Titans.

Another interesting one from the original ranked-approved maps is A Forest Walk. The tight pinch point plus high credits means Titans are pretty tough – can get a fort built quick that covers all bases. I suspect that holds vs. Khral. You have to survive Sapien blitz on your vulnerable base in the opening (2 good ways to kill something and step onto your base to prevent more builds with helis and marauders, and need to be careful about building a tank (say speeder) that can be blocked in order to prevent further builds), but I think it should be Titans.
youownme

youownme

Sapiens can play pretty well against titans on forest walk as blue, and my favorite titan maps are rhombus and trojan hat.

-_-
arlyb

arlyb

Waxoid: Yes, unbalanced is a good word for Kings Cross. Though similar maps exist for bugs and saps as well where Titans are at a serious disadvantage usually due to economic factors (Castle Flash, for instance).

A Walk in the Forest may be the same way. I've only dominated one game with Titans on that map, but it was pretty brutal. I'd go back for more but it takes a while to finish the opponent off even though all of the central bases can be claimed by turn 6 or so. Besides, I'm still trying out the other maps.

Forum Index » Titans