[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The great uniwar challenge 2010!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

Okay ladies and gents, well okay it's pretty much exclusively gents from what I can gather but let's pretend it's not. I am proposing a general challenge to the entire uniwar community although so far there's not quite enough matchups so I'd like some extra ideas if anyone has any :o. Anyone entering this fabulous competition will be attempting to beat players famous for a certain matchup on their own turf and we will be posting scores up here and strategies used \o/.

Rules of the competition:

1. You are not allowed to contact the player involved or communicate in any way that you are part of a competition. If they read the forums then fine but I'm 95% sure they don't.

2. You are allowed two "practice" games in this matchup to find out what you are playing against before going for the final push and you should record on here when you play them. It's only a bit of fun so please don't cheat, and I will try to message the players to verify if we do have a winner anyways :o.

3. Consultation with other players and debate is definately allowed as this competition is about matchups where the odds are against us and I for one will be open for discussion with any entrants as I just want to see if these matches can be won.

4. No flaming on this topic, which applies doubly to me :p. This is just a bit of fun and I'd like people to participate and get some proper stratagic debate going as the targets of this competition have grown very fat off their own favoured matchups.

Thanks to waxoid for indirectly giving me the idea!

The matchups

iluvkim on montevideo - you must play as titans

ichiro on dead monk - you must play as sapiens

If people want to then

Solitary on dead monk - you must play khrals

ps. We need some more matchups ideally as I only threw myself in because 2 seemed pretty dull xD. I'd be happier dropping myself and adding in some more people who are famous for one matchup although if people want a piece of me in that matchup I'm happy to take it on >.<. It also means there's one matchup for each race which makes it a bit more of a rounded challenge and I can't find a player who wants to play against khrals on a map that's not massively in favour of saps (dead monk is slightly favouring sap over khral but it's not unwinnable).

Any nominations for additional matchups please post below but bear in mind I don't want to add rigged matchups to the list, just difficult ones! Comment if you'd like to play .
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

hmmm

nfong as titans on dead monk, and the opponent is welcome to choose any race

Even though I occasionally mess up against krahleans xD

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Does that mean you're in :p. Do you have any "speciality" matches to nominate yourself for as all those players are famous specifically for one matchup but on maps which aren't specifically known for being "rigged". If you've got a killer strategy vs a certain race on a map that's not dead monk it would be ideal as otherwise we might have to rename to the dead monk challenge 2010 :o.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

hmm

well I'm good at thermo with titans...

Solitary

Solitary

Let's go with that then, I don't think titans are unbeatable on thermo although it defiantely favours them. Titans vs khrals on thermo?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Sure.

Solitary

Solitary

And you're taking on the rest of the matches as well? If you see any player constantly hosting one matchup then please give me a shout so I can add them as long as it looks like a winnable matchup. Now all we need is more than two people involved :p.
Solitary

Solitary

*bump*, if people aren't up for trying to take on these matches then I can just delete the thread xD. I just thought it would be a bit of fun for people who log in here to try and work out how to beat the single map players but if everyone's scared of losing 5 points or whatever for a lost game against a 2400 player then don't worry about it :o.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I don't think a lot of people check the forums sadly... I'll see if I notice anything.
EDIT: Haha that's a good one I have here: Fedevd on TOOCLOSE and him as titans.
The guy is rated 2267, he was 1800 4 days ago... Beware they are 3 mins games

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25, 2010 11:12

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

Lmfao, if you're online when he starts the game that has to be an easy kill!!!

I'm so adding that one :o. Let's pimp this challenge in the team game we've got going .
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Should, unless YOU go offline.
I despise 3 min games so much..

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

I'd be concerned as well that he'll just surrender if he sees you making a move although I guess we can get his account deleted if he does only play games where people are offline and he can skip them.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Bump.

I'm challenging ichiro to dead monk as krahls (heh, can't use saps for my life)...does anyone know what race he plays here? titans probably?
I'll play him a weak strategy to see how he counters it...and after I might see if he'll accept a rated game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01, 2010 21:03

Solitary

Solitary

Yea, no-one seems interested in it so I left it xD.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Lol.

But I heard that sh0wt1me is really good at too close. If you want a challenge you should play him there, even though I hate that map.

Forum Index » General Discussion