[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Solitary changes race!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Solitary

Solitary

How will everyone's favorite belligerent forum spammer fare with the squiggly aliens under his command, watch this space! Nerfing marines was a stupid idea which I objected to months before it was done and it was especially ill considered given the boost to other khral units at the same time xD. Boosting wyrm was pointless as it already owns helis although the infector move bonus was a good idea as it allows better plague positioning and easier escape from attack.

Saps before the update were slightly disadvantaged against titans on most maps and slightly advantaged against khral on most maps but are now fighting an uphill battle against both, which makes them basically pointless as a favoured race.
MasonC

MasonC

Well I don't think that the wyrm boost was good ether if the marine could have some sort if ability things would be more even,and with the balance changes it should even out all races a once, because it is like you thought Solitary if one of the problems is evened then the race it makes harder for is then the worst race in the game.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I agree with solitary completely xD

except about the part when you call yourself a spammer...that's totally untrue
Sometimes you gotta flame if someone deserves it xD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28, 2010 15:21

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I kind of agree here. I think the changes should be reversed for now and a better solution thought of. I think making plague improved in terms of range would make a big difference. In fact, even if the infector had to be immobilized one turn after firing off a 2 range plague to ensure that Khrals could only use it safely from a secure position, at least you would see more use of the ability in the game! With this change Khrals would actually have an ability to limit Sapien healing, and it is a direct buff against marines packed in bunches in trees and mountains. This would be a less drastic change to the balance and also a very interesting one, because you never see plague as it is. And as stated before, would actually cause Saps to have to get engineers out there to counter it.

Nerfing anti-air of marines is a very drastic change. And buffing the wyrm? hmmmm, i don't think i like that one.

I would like it if the devs just test out some games with a 2 range plague and see how it plays out.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
zalcore

zalcore

nfong wrote: Sometimes you gotta flame if someone deserves it xD

Here Here! Amen to that! Bring out the flamethrowers, it's barbecue time!

Why isn't my name CAPITALIZED? As always the world is out to get me...
[WWW]
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Why don't you chat with me zallywoo??? :'(
lol

zalcore

zalcore

Because it was bugging you, and I live to bug others xD Along with laughing at my self.

[WWW]
Hachiman

Hachiman

How will everyone's favorite belligerent forum spammer fare with the squiggly aliens under his command

If you think Khrals are now better than Saps, my guess is 'badly'.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

zalcore wrote: Because it was bugging you, and I live to bug others xD Along with laughing at my self.

Good thing I totally demolished you in that game! I was going to show no mercy!

Solitary

Solitary

Hachiman, I seriously doubt you're as good as you think you are.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I don't think I'm particularly good.

I do think Saps mostly beat Khrals, even with the latest changes, and anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.

Happy to be shown the error of my ways.
Solitary

Solitary

You run your mouth off round here as though you think you're something special. As I've pointed out in other threads, aLoN favoured khrals as a race even before these updates and he is the highest ranked legitimate player in the game. I'm confident in theory khrals are the strongest race now as khral vs sap is easier than both sap vs titan and titan vs khral, which is the central point of switching race.

I'm expecting a few losses while I adapt my play and create some new builds but I'm not expecting to drop below 2100 from my race switch.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I make an occasional observation on your many pronouncements.

It's funny aLoN never said to me he thought Khrals were stronger. I know he enjoys playing them. Perhaps he does think that, you'd have to ask him.

Are you as confident in practice as you are 'in theory'? How about you accept my challenge then? I'm playing with an alt account 'Gilgamesh' at the moment, which you already declined to play once.

As I said, happy to be corrected in game.

Solitary

Solitary

I declined that invite because I get random noobs challenging me all the time who read this forum and never post anything, the game title suggested that to be the case. The fact you send me an invite from a second account basically says it all though, lol.

I've believed that map for a long time to favour saps and that's probably the case even with the update because of the large amount of terrain, send again as yourself though .
zalcore

zalcore

nfong wrote: Good thing I totally demolished you in that game! I was going to show no mercy!

Shh, you cheated... somehow xD I'll figure out how at some point in time, but I'm too lazy... I CANNOT BE BEAT BY A MERE NFONG!

[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion