[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maps - Rated and Unrated
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Hi,
Just a thought on unbalanced maps. It'd be good to keep them for unrated games just for kicks.

Also, for the new update, it'd be cool to just throw a bunch of new maps out there. Then removing the unbalanced ones from rated to just unrated as we discover them. We need new maps bad!

Thanks,
reallyfun
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We will remove unbalanced map for rated games in the next release. Feel free to submit a list of maps that you think are unbalanced.

The built-in LevelEditor coming early next year will allow to create its own maps...

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

xavi wrote: We will remove unbalanced map for rated games in the next release. Feel free to submit a list of maps that you think are unbalanced.

The built-in LevelEditor coming early next year will allow to create its own maps...

Can't wait for that update

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Scramble, jungle, green valley, too close and naval war are probably the worst but there's a few which are bad in certain matchups as well and could probably use modifying so they can't be used in that way. For example ichiro got basically all his rating points playing against sapiens with titans on dead monk which is not a matchup I think sapiens can win with correct play from titans (send me three invites if you want to test it xavi, not being a titan player myself I'd still expect to win all three regardless of your opening strategy xD).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21, 2010 21:30

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Dead Monk is unbalanced. The 2nd player should always win, because he should know which race to pick.
On deadmonk, titans>saps,saps>krahls,krahls >titans. However, a really good titan player can draw with the krahl player if he's extremely good at covering ants. (me and Ismael are basically at a draw currently...if he moves his titan army up, I'll completely demolish him with my ninjalings, and if I move up, his walkers will destroy me )

I don't think Naval War is too unbalanced though. The only unfair matchup is saps vs titans, but I think the other matchups are pretty fair.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 22, 2010 09:22

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Dead Monk is salvagable with some modifying as well which I think is key, as the other maps aren't really. I offered in another thread to help balance out existing maps if the dev team want to work with me on that and the offer stands if you're interested . I know there's a lot of improvements going on all at the same time and it's easier to assess someone else's changes to maps than to implement them yourselves and then assess them as well xD.
Forum Index » New Feature Request