[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Titan favorable balance?
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Would you like it if the walker was lowered in terms of damage, and made cheaper?
Yes 25% [ 2 ]
No 75% [ 6 ]
Indifferent or don't care. 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
Gen Petraeus

Gen Petraeus

In some ways the Titan race is very well "balanced" compared to the other races. I would like to propose something else for the walker; first lower the damage that it can give to other units a tad, but here is the catch, maybe make it cheaper? What do you guys think? The reason I say this is that the range is far, so the power of it could be lowered just a little bit? Plus the price would be lowered a bit, maybe 550 or 650? The damage is still pretty good, it's just a little bit down...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04, 2010 21:28

Why is it that people suck sometimes?
It's a question I ask myself sometimes. My answer??? "It's Life noob! Get on with it!"
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

My proposal to balance the titan race is to first decrease the walker's cost to 700. Personally, I don't think a walker is worth 200 more credits than a wyrm/battery, even though it has one more range. However, to balance out that 50 credit decrease, I would increase the assimilator's price to 225, and the speeder's price to 275. Speeders are incredibly underrated for a unit that costs a mere 250. Speeders have 5 aerial attack (compared to the plasma tank's 6 aerial attack), and speeders also have 2 repair AND move after attack! Not to mention their great gangup bonus on sap tanks and pinzys. Assimilators are also underrated, as their UV is very useful. UV is one of the main reasons why I love playing titans.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05, 2010 12:51

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Solitary

Solitary

Walker is much better than battery tbh and it's range is the main imbalancing factor on loads of maps for sap vs titan. I'm not sure what I'd do to fine tune titans but it probably wouldn't be either of those things xD. Speeders are underrated but I think nerfing them would be better than increasing the cost as if you bump the cost of units as nfong suggested then you end up with an awkward development and on many maps only one unit which can be bought with credits from a single turn, which is one reason I think khral struggle on so many maps.

I wouldn't have a problem with nerfing walker ground heavy attack a little bit (maybe 2 points) and dropping it to 700 credits though as range of the walker is the key part of it's strategic power. With UV blasts as well that's still very powerful.

I'll be able to comment better once I set up a titan account and test things out myself :o.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Well at least wyrms should be bumped up... :p
Wyrms are extremely good compared to walkers/batteries.

Solitary

Solitary

Wyrms are really powerful against titans sure but they are about right against sapiens. Khral needs the mobility in seige units to make them worth building against sapiens and raising the cost would unbalance that matchup really badly xD. My underling/garuda strategy needs other units to convert to a win in most cases where the sapien is turtling and in all khral vs sapien strategies then diversity is key (although tbh it's nice to see a sapien turtling as I find the arrogant charging in head first of most sapiens really annoying :p).

I'd like to see something done to even out titan vs khral though as it's unusual for me to even have to stop and think against titan players when I'm playing khral (only if they are exceptionally good).
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I just recently discovered how speeders can be REAL painful as khrals...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote: I just recently discovered how speeders can be REAL painful as khrals...

Speeders pown all krahlean units. They're even great to gangup on pinzys.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Damn that was fast nfong...
And yeah they're pretty annoying, but buried underlings along with pinzys can take care of them.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote: Damn that was fast nfong...
And yeah they're pretty annoying, but buried underlings along with pinzys can take care of them.

Damn that was fast Nicko...
Meh. That's why you mass up mechas and whatnot.
Btw, just got Starcraft II!

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Orly? Shame I can't play against you since we're not on the same servers...
How do you find the game so far??

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

It's great! I just have to memorize all the hotkeys crap.
Psionic Storm is epic.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Lol wait till you see a psionic storm combined with a fungal growth!!! Certain death for marines xD
Btw lemme guess, you're favoring protoss right? I believe you can easily guess what race I prefer

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote: Lol wait till you see a psionic storm combined with a fungal growth!!! Certain death for marines xD
Btw lemme guess, you're favoring protoss right? I believe you can easily guess what race I prefer

Terran, eh?
What's fungal growth?
Haven't played too much yet, but I am reading this 400 page guide I got. Motherships look epic with their Purifier Beam.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Terran? Come on now... I like saps but my number one remains khrals!!
And fungal growth is an ability of a zerg caster unit, the infestor. Basically it's like psionic storm, except it does only 36 damage over 6 seconds and holds any and all units in-place.
Fungal growth + psionic storm = 116 damage you just CAN'T evade

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08, 2010 14:06

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nicko wrote: Terran? Come on now... I like saps but my number one remains khrals!!
And fungal growth is an ability of a zerg caster unit, the infestor. Basically it's like psionic storm, except it does only 36 damage over 6 seconds and holds any and all units in-place.
Fungal growth + psionic storm = 116 damage you just CAN'T evade

Zerg are a weird race...It seems their race is all 'bout spamming...
Dark Templars look cool too My guide says to use them to assassinate my enemies when detectors aren't around.

Forum Index » New Feature Request