[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Ranking System
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Xenai

Xenai

I believe that the ranking system as it is allows for far too much movement in the upper ranks. Any game you play against someone within 100-200 points of your rank is going to result in a gain/loss of an average of about 15 on both sides. This means when looking at rank, it's impossible to tell if a rating of 2050 is an accurate representation, or whether it represents a 1900s level player having a good streak or a 2100s level player having a poor one. Also, past making ratings fairly meaningless, having large penalties for losing/large bonuses for winning will reduce the longevity of the game in the long run I think. It will make players less likely to try out new maps or strategies or factions, meaning they will get bored faster and there will be less innovation going on in the game as a whole. Large amounts of movements in the lower ranks is fine I think, as newer players might not bother playing if it takes them 60 games to get up to 1900, but past there I think the amount of points gained/lost per game should be heavily reduced.

On a sidenote, please update the ladder on the website so that not all ranks are suffixed with a "th." Having "271th" looks pretty unprofessional and isn't nearly on par with the online components of the rest of the game.
Isolation

Isolation

+1000
Isolation

Isolation

The current system forces me to be rude annd decline virtually every game invite because even 1900 players now would take over twice as many points off me as I take off them. It's just too much of a difference which makes it pointless playing low ranked players and detracts a lot from community play, whilst not actually preventing people from rating inflation in any way (iluvkim and ichiro as shining examples).
arknw229

arknw229

Wat i want in the update is a game type where you cant leave the app or wait a few hours, so the game moves much faster. sometimes i have 20 minutes and i want to play a game, but constantly reloading the current game page waiting for the other player to go is agonizing. Sometimes it works, like when i only have a few minutes every now and then, but i want to see a game list of quicker games.(maybe a choice? game speed: slow / fast)

Also, I would like the ranking to be more like the starcraft ranking system, instead of this vague number system, where a losing streak can make you lose 100 or more points. i want leagues (bronze, silver, gold? A, B, C? underling, light, heavy, ranged? any ideas would work)

[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

arknw229 wrote: Wat i want in the update is a game type where you cant leave the app or wait a few hours, so the game moves much faster. sometimes i have 20 minutes and i want to play a game, but constantly reloading the current game page waiting for the other player to go is agonizing. Sometimes it works, like when i only have a few minutes every now and then, but i want to see a game list of quicker games.(maybe a choice? game speed: slow / fast)

Also, I would like the ranking to be more like the starcraft ranking system, instead of this vague number system, where a losing streak can make you lose 100 or more points. i want leagues (bronze, silver, gold? A, B, C? underling, light, heavy, ranged? any ideas would work)

Regarding your issues with games moving slowly, you can always take part in a 3 minute or 10 minute game. As for the Starcraft ranking system, all the details behind that are incredibly complex and haven't been publicized to explicit specificity by Blizzard. Leagues, however, are an interesting suggestion (:

-= The UniWar Team =-
Forum Index » New Feature Request