[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Topic order?
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better
asdf

asdf

Why aren't the topics in descending chronological order of last post? What exactly is the ordering? I don't understand what is the ordering logic.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

What you're looking for may be found in the link "Recent Topics," found at the top of the forum page.

-= The UniWar Team =-
asdf

asdf

Thanks, but no. The topics should be in order within each forum. Currently, I can't figure out what the ordering logic is, if there even is any. Thanks for pointing out Recent Topics though. I never used that link before.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Within the forums, threads are ordered by the date of the latest reply to them. Is this not what you are looking for?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20, 2010 22:16

-= The UniWar Team =-
asdf

asdf

They are not ordered that way at all. For example, look at the threads under General Discussion. The latest thread to receive a reply is ? Veteran Status 11, yet there are 7 threads before it in the order. And the oldest one of those threads had its last reply in July! Clearly they are not ordered by last reply.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Pay attention to all of the threads after the first 7 in General Discussion. The first 7 all have different icons; they have been stickied, or designated to remain at the top. The rest, all with the same icon, are in chronological order.

-= The UniWar Team =-
asdf

asdf

Ah. Who determines what should be stickied? Seems like trustworthy uniwarriors doesn't merit being stickied to stay on top. It's just opinion. I would think these deserve their own forum.
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better