[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
v1.3.0 iPhone and Android
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
These changes improves UniWar
Yes 37% [ 10 ]
No 44% [ 12 ]
I am not sure... 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

To respond to the community request to prevent cheaters, we have introduced changes to the rated games
- Rated ladder games are temporarily restricted to 1vs1 and random games.
- New ladders for Team games will be added soon.
- Rated games in 1vs1 allow to select your race but the map and the opponent are random.
- Selection of turn duration for rated games will be allowed in the near future.
- We removed unbalanced maps from rated games. You can see the list of removed maps on the forum
- New maps for rated will be added soon.
- If you surrender a rated game at the 1st round, you lose half of the game points. If you surrender at the 2nd round or later, you lose all the game points.

The consequences are:
- Setting up a custom game automatically makes it an unrated game.
- You can not join a custom rated game because only random games are rated.

We hope that these changes will bring more fairness. You are welcome to submit email feedback to support@uniwar.com

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 02, 2012 06:38

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

CLASH
DESERTISLE
DESOLATE
G REENVALLEY
HARBORV2
NAVALWAR
THERMOPYLAE
TOOCLOSE

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Salival

Salival

What? Only 2 poll votes? Who pressed YES? You, Xavi?
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Yes, one of the vote was mine for testing.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

xavi wrote: To respond to the community request to prevent cheaters, we have introduced changes to the rated games
- Rated ladder games are temporarily restricted to 1vs1 and random games.
- New ladders for Team games will be added soon.
- Rated games in 1vs1 allow to select your race but the map and the opponent are random.
- Selection of turn duration for rated games will be allowed in the near future.
- We removed unbalanced maps from rated games. You can see the list of removed maps on the forum
- New maps for rated will be added soon.
- If you surrender a rated game at the 1st round, you lose half of the game points. If you surrender at the 2nd round or later, you lose all the game points.

The consequences are:
- Setting up a custom game automatically makes it an unrated game.
- You can not join a custom rated game because only random games are rated.

We hope that these changes will bring more fairness. You are welcome to submit email feedback to support@uniwar.com

Okay well first of all, I can live with having to play rated with random players. I don't prefer that, but I can live with that for the time being.
Now I rant :/
My first question is: Why do we have to play rated random maps?
I think that the devs and all the Uniwarriors know the answer: The maps are not balanced.
There is not one single map that is completely balanced in the whole game. So with this new rule though, we may be forced into playing bad matchups. For example, I would never play krahl on Dead Monk. It's impossible to win against a decent titan/sap on that map. All the maps need to be fixed to balance the game. For the time being, it would be advisable for the devs to let us play whatever matches we want, unless they want their ratings to continue to fall.
And please let 3 day rated games be available again. What were you guys thinking in banning them? Is there a reason to remove 3 day games???
I guess my last rant is the fact that we'll now lose points for surrendering before round 3. Why get rid of this? If someone accidentally joins a game that he didn't originally want to play, he'll be docked points. The devs should at least let Round 1 be a free pass to surrender.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
jeremiad

jeremiad

The game is totally broken. Nobody will play me. Unrated team games just sitting and timing out as people start to realize they're unrated. Random 1v1 games keep pairing me with people who either quit or time out, or end up being too hard for me to enjoy because I need to play any given map a few times to get a feel for it and develop a map-and-race-specific stratey. Random ends up feeling way too random, making the game un-fun.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26, 2010 22:18

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

I play with android and can't choose the race in rated games. When wil be update for android?

In general, update is good.Particularly good, that surrendered in 1 round lose reiting.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'm really not sure... Right now the games doesn't seem good at all, but I believe this is an intermediary phase and is for the best.
Also why ban harbor?? I love harbor and I don't think it's unbalanced
Except for titans ^^

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

HELP!
NEED THIS ANDROID VERSION! Who can send me file to e-mail? Many thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04, 2011 04:56

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
Confusion

Confusion

Xavi - THANK YOU for introducing a penalty for surrendering immediately. The rampant abuse of this to escape less-than-perfect starting scenarios totally turned me off the game. After coming back to check it out, I was stoked to see it had been fixed.

Out of 20 games I used to get 5-10 who would surrender first turn because it wasn't an easy win for their race/map combo. So annoying.

Well done
Confusion

Confusion

nfong wrote:
I guess my last rant is the fact that we'll now lose points for surrendering before round 3. Why get rid of this? If someone accidentally joins a game that he didn't originally want to play, he'll be docked points. The devs should at least let Round 1 be a free pass to surrender.

Nonsense - the only people that surrendered first turn were people abusing it because they didn't like their map/race combination. You'd have to be some sort of imbecile to join a game you don't want to play. This change is brilliant
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates