[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Complaint about Permitting Random Games
Forum Index » General Discussion
kulak

kulak

My friends and I like playing this game against bots. Suddently with latest update the option to have zero random games a week was changed to 1. We now have to play a game against someone on internet. The normal process is that I have to accept the game conditions and I get to chose my race to play. In this case I have no saying in anything, in chosing partner and worst of all I cannot reject random game.

By the way, most of the games we play we put on 3 day timer, so we get a chance to play it. Random games force 1 day time out.

I just don't want to play random people. Period.

This is ridiculous. It is unreasonable. Nobody I know likes the option.

There is a reason we don't play public games in uni war. We don't want it.

I have no idea what's the better way to give my feedback. Let me know if there is any.

---
And by the way this forum does not work well with Safari on Windows.
kryzak

kryzak

Having the same issues, so posting here to add to the complaint. If you're going to force us to lose points for surrendering 1st round, then allow us to reject game invites.
blueblood

blueblood

I love the game over all but I also want to be able to opt out of random games. I think it is pretty silly to force players to do random games if they don't want to.
jthig32

jthig32

Where is this random game setting? I can't find it.
spankme

spankme

Agreed...please remove requirement to play random games. Under my account I have it set to "Friends Only" so how am I being required to play people I do not know. I have recommended this game to many friends over the year and this is a big privacy issue and am considering deleting the game until this is remedied (an unfortunate thing, because I feel this is the best turn based multi-player on the app store).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28, 2010 10:21

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Check my other thread. :3

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

I gotta add to the complaints here. I love this game and all, but this is terrible. I lost so many points surrendering...wow.
thewall

thewall

I agree.

I think the developers want to make those people, who haven't earned their rank to loose poitns.

And I have a solution, to do this, without forcing random games:

http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/960.page
HughT

HughT

Couldn't agree more with you.

It's absurd that I'm being forced into games that I don't want to play.

I'm sure the developers have put alot of time into this game but cant quite see what they are hoping to achieve except getting more forum activity from all the complaints!
awesomeo

awesomeo

I Personally like the random games but my problem with it is when I finish a game and it asks if I want to start a new random game, at which point I hit the X to say no, and it still pairs me up with another player in a random game. This is very frustrating because I don't even get to choose my race. One more thing is I saw in an update that now we don't lose full points for surrendering on the first turn, this is obviously not true because I'm still losing full points when I surrender. Please fix because my rating is falling like a rock.
blade x

blade x

I agree to an extent, I really enjoy this game and am glad to own it. Just the random game is annoying. I lost about 100 points or so, surrendering to these matches. Mainly because the made me be sapiens (only race I dislike). If the random matchs allowed you to atleast choose your race they would be 100 times more enjoyable. Also I shouldn't automatically be forced into another random right after I win or lose the one before it. I play one random got placed with Titan's won then it said if I wanted to start another, to which I replied no. But low and behold I'm in another random with sapiens. Well I lost that one and it ask me again, and again I said no, but here I am in another random match with sapiens again. Seriuosly people don't want to lose my hard earned points because of this retarded new system they decided to enact.
zwitek

zwitek

This was a very half baked change aimed at defeating cheaters. Problem is, games always have cheaters. Thr challenge for game managers is to thwart the cheats without punishing or disrupting the non cheaters.

I dropped six places on the ladder almost instantly by being placed in random games that I didn't ask for, didn't want, and couldn't elect out of. I enjoy playing the titans. I don't enjoy this game on small maps. I like strategy. I like tactics. I was suddenly playing in games where there wasn't any opportunity for a good lengthy battle with some ebb and flow.

Moving up the ladder was fun, but falling so fast all because of a poor attempt to thwart cheaters, has sapped my will to make the climb. I'm done. I'll play friends now and then, but this will no longer be my tactical battleground of choice.

Best of luck to the devs, this has been a painful lesson for everyone involved, except of course for the cheaters who will either find new ways to game the system, or find a new game to cheat.

Consider this loyalist and promoter of the game, a casualty of that battle.
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

zwitek wrote: Moving up the ladder was fun, but falling so fast all because of a poor attempt to thwart cheaters, has sapped my will to make the climb. I'm done. I'll play friends now and then, but this will no longer be my tactical battleground of choice.

I agree the change was way to disruptive and I also was about to quit Uniwar because of it. Losing every aspect of control of what games I played were a real let down. However, they did reinstate the old game play now, so you can play exactly as you used to and forced random games have been turned off. I was under the impression that you now could select your race in random games as well, although I can't confirm, since this is not the case on Symbian.

I'm already up to the maximum amount of allowed games. Is there any reason to quit Uniwar now that the restored the fun? It seems to me that they addressed all the annoyances you mentioned in your post?
Hiraga

Hiraga

I want to reject i want to reject i want to reject
I WANT TO REJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY MAX IS 4 GAME BUT BECAUSE RANDOM GAME IT BECOME 6 AND ADS POP UP......

I WANT TO REJECT,

I WANT TO REJECT

I WANT TO REJECT......

SIGH..............

MAYBE YOU MUST MAKE SOMETHING LIKE FRIENDLY MATCH [MATCH WITHOUT SCORE AND COIN]

AND WHEN WE OFFER PEACE, ENEMY REJECTED, AND WHEN ENEMY GOING TO LOSE, HE SURRENDER..... OI SOMEONE WHO REJECT PEACE DON'T HAVE RIGHTS TO SURRENDER!!!!

maybe i just uninstall it and give 1 star on playstore...... and install old apk back up without even sign it.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21, 2016 18:09

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello.

Why do you open a 5 year old post ?

If reject invite is not working then you should post in the proper bug-report forum (for example in the "what is new in the latest updates" section.
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/15/2758.page

And your version is 1.9.75 latest Android version is 1.9.77

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21, 2016 18:31

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion