[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to buff Titans vs. Khrals
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Please share your ideas here. There are so many high level players who will not even play Khrals as Titans. I'm on the verge of breaking the 2000 level (i am very busy and can only play three or four ranked games a month). But I am very wary of matching up against Khrals as Titans on many, many maps.

Surely something can be done?

We've heard these ideas, which I like: UV hit buried ants and smash damage up to 2 for only Titan units. The smash damage buff is really not a big deal, in my opinion, because Titans rely on positioning soooo much and can't just throw heavy units around just for measly smash damage. It would only work behind lines where a speeder might be able to do it or incidentally on larger maps, really. But I think more should be done to make this an actual playable match-up in high-level ranked matches.

If you look at leaderboards, there are Titans, but not as many as Khrals for sure. Or Saps for that matter in the top 20.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18, 2011 13:02

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
asdf

asdf

Some ideas:

1- Buried underlings do not heal.
2- Buried underlings lose max hit points as they stay buried. For example, for every 4 turns a buried underling stays buried, its max hit points drops by 1.
3- Assimilator transformation of underlings becomes a ranged ability, maybe 2 hex radius.
4- Assimilator gains new constant ability to expose buried underlings, maybe 2 hex radius. The buried underlings stay buried, you can just plainly see them now.
5- Assimilator gains new constant ability to prevent buried underlings from resurfacing, 1 hex radius.
6- Assimilator gains new UV-type ability to damage only buried underlings, call it UVB. Same cool down as UV attack, but the cool down affects both abilities. For example, if you use either UV or UVB, then both your UV and UVB abilities are in cool down.
7- Walker gains area of effect damage on buried underlings only around the target, 1 hex radius around target.
8- Cyber underlings gain new ability to combine with each other to make flying units. For example, if you have 2 cyber underlings, you can make a cyber swarmer. If you have a cyber swarmer, it can absorb another cyber underling to create a cyber garuda.
9- Cyber underlings gain teleport ability, with no cool down and may move/attack/bury immediately after teleport. This would be scary.
10- New unit - Guardian. No attack power and no defense just like Assimilator. Has the ability to increase attack/damage of adjacent units, maybe all adjacent units get +1/+2. Due to this game-breaking unit, any attack on it will destroy it, even from a 1 power unit. I guess this isn't a buff just to the khrals/titans matchup.

If any of these are implemented, then I would think it is only fair to increase the buried underling resurfacing bonus back to its original value, or maybe even higher since any of these ideas definitely tip the balance of power between khrals and titans.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18, 2011 21:04

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I must say, you are very creative! Although, as your list progresses it gets quite a bit overpowering!

I find that the recent nerf to ant popup damage has done well to at least SOMETIMES let Assimilators survive long enough to get a catch, and to also let other Titan units survive a multiple popup in some cases. However, I feel just a bit more should be done to buff Titans against Khrals without nerfing Khrals to Saps, too (as the popup nerf did).

I'm thinking ONE of the following, but not all in combination would do it:

1. UV hit underground.
2. Smash damage to 2 for ONLY TITANS.
3. No healing for underground ants. (effects Saps balance, too, though)

In consideration of these, also think of the effect on team matches. For example, UV hitting underground ants gets more powerful the more titan teammates you have, as they will probably have 1 or 2 Assimilators out at some time.

***On a side note, I believe the Marine nerf to 3 anti-air was a GREAT change. Marines still rip up swarmers and garudas in the right terrain, but now they are a bit more reasonable. ***

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion