[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Angkor
Forum Index Profile for Angkor »» Messages posted by Angkor
General Discussion » Team Angkor support group (AKA Anti Duaneski Area) » Go to message
Thank you gentlemen for your support!
General Discussion » Team Angkor support group (AKA Anti Duaneski Area) » Go to message
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
We gathered here to laugh at Duaneski and bully all of his irresponsible 'cheerleaders'. To mock them, remember the times they were lying on the ground and crying out loud. So, if you happen to have some embarrassing stories including mr Duank, please feel free to post it right here (not really lol).

A fight is gonna come soon, and We, my dear friends, are the winners.

Mr Duank there started aggresively with his ultimate dance song to keep him fighting, we must respond with something stronger. Let me take some help with our german friends on that field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvTLvkiAbI
AKA the official Angkor battle theme for the duel.

Feel free to take uni-bets on the one and only right side, 'cause I am serious, and I am THE safe bet

PS. Of course! Of course I forgot. We must find the most unpleasant nickname for the late Duaneski. For a month only, that's the bittersweet, ain't it?
General Discussion » Open Challenge » Go to message
Move along folks, nothing to see here. Jedi business. Move along.

I WILL CHALLENGE YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33u_EHLI3w
Ogólna dyskusja » Szkółka Niedzielna #2 - titan vs sapiens » Go to message

Mój ruch. Idę battery do przodu i wspieram ją marauderami tak, żeby nie za bardzo opłacało się je atakować. Zabijam mecha. Swoją tylną bazę zostawiam nie bronioną i stawiam engineera, żeby sobie powoli już truchtał na pole bitwy, a i może uchronić mnie przed jakimś masowym teleportem.
W sumie to dość niestandardowe, że jeszcze nie zrobiłem żadnego czołgu jak dostane po tyłku z tego powodu to trudno... na razie przesuwam front jak się da. Jak przy okazji się ukradnie kolejne 100 środków za zabicie kolejnego mecha, nie będę miał nic przeciwko

Walkerem się na razie nie martwię, a to dlatego, że gdzie by nie powstał, to będzie jeszcze 2 tury powoli wędrować w moim kierunku. Zresztą nic nie mogę na to poradzić...
New Feature Request » 3 new units BLASTER class discussion thread » Go to message
Anyway... attack against heavy units should be just a tiny little less than tank units, so around... 9?

Mobility:
regarding low defence, it shouldn't matter in artillery vs blaster duels, so let's just mind it won't be too low or too much regarding the light infantry type and costs. I like them as they are personally. Especially borfly after-attack additional move.

DEFENCE:
Low, as it is. Titans naturally 1-2 higher than a competition for a flaws somewhere else.

HEAL, ABILITIES, VISIBILITY - I don't have any opinion at all.

So, what do you guys think? Please let's argue a little, this is after all the biggest change of... well, all time?

New Feature Request » 3 new units BLASTER class discussion thread » Go to message
Let's argue a little here about new units and changes which they will bring shall we? In one place, so it'd be easier for everyone.
Some pro players opinions highly admired. Please?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EHJYGWLPbAWJTDej6L49TzpIkNm68hjZcoP1spqNga0/edit#gid=0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My '2 words':

1) We must keep an eye for new units to not become a PAY-TO-WIN feature. To do so, I don't see any other option than the following: THE NEW UNITS MUST BE DELIVERED IN NERFED, LOWERED STATS, so we can balance them to the up, adding new tactics and strategies with them in the process. Not the other way around, if they will be introduced too strong, they will ruin the game, discourage new players coming, make huge mess and complainment. Also in this point, I'd like to point out that all of the new units are ranged, 2 of them shooting 3 tiles away, so we can't really just compare the numbers with the existing units. It would be even worse than simply comparing stats of swarmer to marauder and speeder.

2) We probably should keep the prices of new units 'around' the current value. Firstly, it would be bad idea if units cost the same as the one existing already. And, secondly, we don't know Xavi's masterplan for a whole new pack of units, so we don't know what to expect.

-----------------------------

some propositions for a 'lowered balance' of new units:

BLASTER units obviously are targeted to battle against heavy units. Probably water units too, but I will skip that topic, because I feel that area is gonna change totally in the next few months.

Attact against light infantry:
it must be LOW. Very low. Otherwise it will ruin all low income maps current and future ones and instead of sending marines and mechas we will just make a wall out of old units and shoot the hell out of everything else.
I propose values around 3-4 if we shall keep the attack range of 3, and 5-6, if attack range is 2.

Attack against aerial:
Again, it must be LOW. Comparable of swarmer, that is 3-4. If not, the whole advantage of KHRALEAN race is lost.

Attack against heavy units.
I feel that if the new units are 'alternative' of the standard tank vs plasma duel or plasma vs pinzer duel, with current price (or about prices, like sapiens unit 350, titans 350, khralean... well, let's just forget about 200 here. It's hardly possible to balance that)...
New Feature Request » SEASON mode » Go to message
Proposal for the new uniwar mode. Could be as well an option to turn on/off in the map creation centre - that 2nd option could be more fun as it could be connected with CTF mode for example.
Please let me know what do you think.

SEASON mode
Default target: take all bases (as regular).
Optional: set number of turns for a season to change = [1, 2, 3]. So max. 12 turns / 'year'.
Everything stays the same, along with perimetres of tiles, except these marked in '+,-'; these marks the values derrived from the basic value of those tiles...

WHY WE NEED THIS?
+ we need mod that is exceptional for Uniwar, in opposite for CTF and kill-em all mods that are literally everywhere
+ this would be SO FUN! Just imagine 2 armies in their rhytm tango of changing frontlines to prepare for incoming season to come.
+ what will creators do with all of their energy after they will deal with new units, have you even THOUGH about them? :-) Shame!
+ well, I guess there is some field for the game to pay itself with unicoins option. I don't know how, but it's possible right?
+ looks awesome as well! Well, would look even better if we had an actual summer and autumn theme, but it looks awesome anyway as it is.

Of course these are just examplary proposal, may be as well very different whatever game creators like them to be.
I'll just quickly explain why I chose these particular values:
This mode favors attacking side, so I tried to set values to slighly favor khral in a matchup against sap and Titan in a matchup against sap, Khral vs titan being quite equal.

Spring: (preparation time)
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 at for flying

Summer: (strike time)
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - it dried out ;-D
mountains, desert: -2 def for GL, GH - heat

Autumn: (mixed time)
marsh: -1 def for GL, GH - wet
forest: +1 def for GL. -1 for flying and GH

Winter (defence time)
bases, cities, ports - +1 def for every unit
marsh: +2 def, +1 at for GH and GL (makes it 0) - frozen
mountain, forest: -2 def. for GL
all water tiles: ships -2 def. - frozen

Optional:
A) WINTER GLOBAL FACTOR: -1 at. for FLYING

B) (could be very diffiult to program?)
Option to balance player 1 advantage: seasons change: year 1- before player 1 turn. year 2 - after player 1 turn. year 3 - before player 1 turn. etc. et.
Zaginiony manuskrypt!

Mój ruch:

Wychodzę artylerią na drugą stronę i chronię ją jednym marauderem - wystarczy, bo nowo utworzony speeder nie ma tam zasięgu. Tworzę dwa nowe maraudery aby w razie ataku na prawej urządzić kontr-sieczkę. Marine bije teleportowanego mecha. Blokuje on przejście w górach drugiemu mechowi... niby można go zniszczyć dwoma speederami, ale wtedy jeden z nich musiałby utknąć 'na mojej połowie', więc zobaczymy, czy supras na to pójdzie...
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.5x in BETA on Google Play » Go to message
So I spotted 2 bugs:
1) war reports lie and show wrong numbers (lowered). I can't take a compare screenshot, but it was confirmed by my co-players in team games. Single player games seems fine.
2) Strange marine bug. They seem to grow like mushrooms in places where there wasn't any unit, marking my colour (if i'm black, they're black) and belong to players of other races as well. I spotted them in both 4v4 games and 2v2 games.
pic:

PS. Wow the profile pages look really awesome now!
  supras81 wrote:
Właśnie masz jakiś "wzór" jak obliczać ile może mieć kasy przeciwnik? A raczej ile minerałów

Nie mam, jak mi sie chce to licze ile zyskal do tej pory z baz i odejmuje wartosc wszystkich postawionych jednostek... W grach mirrorowych jest latwiej, jak jest ta sama runda, wystarczy porownac.

Nastepna runda, po ruchu suprasa i moim:

Tytani zbudowali czolg plazmowy i mecha. Nie spieszy im sie z atakiem, beda powolu budowac swoją pozycję. Postaram się wykorystać to, że plasma będzie szła na linię frontu parę dobrych kolejek, więc postaram się wysunąć jak najbardziej do przodu. Zaczynam od artylerii, a co. Środkowe jezioro tyle chociaż mi da, że będzie stosunkowo bezpieczna.
Nie czytając dalej wiedzieliśmy, że strony nie poprzestaną na lekkiej kawalerii, o nie. Przypadkiem nawet znaleźliśmy skrawek materiału z dawnych czasów.

Dopisek oznajmiał "służby wywiadowcze sapiens dla generała brygady: odkryliśmy zamiary wroga. Naszym skromnym zdaniem nie pozostaje nam nic innego, jak tylko do nich nie dopuścić. W szczególności nie wolno pozwolić na zajęcie przez wrogą artylerię dogodnej pozycji."
W-walker
P-plasma
I-mecha
S-speeder
zaznaczone pole - potencjalny obszar ostrzału walkerów
Niestety... reszta manuskryptu zaginęła. Nie pozostało nam z Suprasem nic innego, jak tylko samodzielnie spróbować odtworzyć przebieg wydarzeń.

/edit/

Rozpoczyna supras.

Ustawia mecha w dogodnych pozycjach i tworzy speedera. Nie bardzo mam jak uciec przed nim moim oddziałem marine południowy-wschód, więc wędruję na wschód łańcuchem gór, w nadziei, że dobre kontrobrażenia ocalą mu życie. Robię maraudera.
Z ciekawych rzeczy to na początku była zajęta 1 baza i 2 do zajęcia, a więc środki będą się układały dość równo (w 1 turze 2 gracz 150 więcej, początek 2 tury gracz 1 - 300 więcej, potem znowu ja 150 więcej od 1 i tak w kółko).
No to kontynuujemy zabawę z Suprasem
...a ogień wesoło trzaskał w kominku. Najstarszy Pinzer z rodu imieniem Korc wziął w kleszcze opasły tom i kiwając nieprzychylnie głową starł z niego grubą warstwę kurzu. Rozsiadł się wygodnie w bujanym fotelu, na ostatnie już działające środkowe oko nałożył wspaniały złocony monokl, po czym czytał swoim uczniom, mówiąc:

..."...Podążając dalej ścieżką doskonalenia się w sztuce Uniwar, zgłębialiśmy kolejne manuskrypty legendarnego mistrza Legii. W jednym z nich opisywał pewną prastarą bitwę pomiędzy rodem Tytanów a królestwem Ludzi. Pisał o niej tak: >gdybym nie był wtenczas jej świadkiem, nigdy nie udałoby mi się zwycięsko zremisować z legendarnym graczem RealMadrid 3-3*< (2-11-16 pamiętamy (*). Byliśmy podekscytowani! Miejsce bitwy było niewielkie. Mówiono o nim 'CraterclashTourney'. Na środku rysowało się widocznie niewielkie jezioro. Sapiens mądrze wybrali miejsce akcji, pomyśleliśmy, helikoptery będą miały pole do popisu. Wokół jednak wszędzie góry, góry, i jeszcze raz góry. Niedobrze. Mecha-cyborgi tytanów mogą tu czuć się jak w domu, rozsiądą się, będą żreć oscypki, i strącać nasze latające maszyny swoimi ciupaskami. Co tu robić? Za górami niewielka kotlina. Idealnie położona, aby z bezpiecznej odległości chytre zastępy Walkerów mogły w spokoju torpedować wojska ludzi. Ale może jest nadzieja...? Odległość liczona na 4 rzuty beretem posłuży równie dobrze artylerii Ziemian. Wokół - wąsko. Pierwsza myśl. Przez lasy biegnie tylko drobna ścieżynka. Dwa czołgi na raz się nie zmieszczą... Z drugiej strony, dwa plazmowe czołgi - też nie. Na pole bitwy przybyły również dwa niezależne oddziały Czerwonego Krzyża. Ooo, będzie o nie walka. Tytanom na pewno nie podoba się to aż tak, nie są tak mobilne, by się do nich cofać. I wreszcie środki - na bitwę obie strony otrzymały dotację od Unii Kosmicznej w wysokości 450 złotych miesięcznie. Bardzo dużo. Nie czytając dalej wiedzieliśmy, że strony nie poprzestaną na lekkiej kawalerii, o nie.
Ogólna dyskusja » Jak grać... żeby grać dobrze? » Go to message
To ja moze napisze jak wyglada moj schemat myslenia. Wiadomo, nigdy nie ma wszystkich punktow spelnionych ale kto wie?... moze kiedys, w jakims pojedynku, jak bedzie mozna wygrac 1000 dolarow

1. Obejrzenie powtorki.
W sumie niewiele daje (poza grami druzynowymi, gdzie z kolei jest strasznie irytujace i dlugo trwa), ale czasami mozna dostrzec cos nowego, ewentualnie zglebic tok myslenia przeciwnika
2. Odsloniecie jak najwiecej mapy, zeby miec pelne rozeznanie w sytuacji.
3. Male 'kroczki' z cofaniem. Ogolem sprawdzam, czy nie ma jakiejs szansy na atak, czy mi cos nie grozi w przyszlej turze (jak tak, to kalkulator). Jak nie, to czy moge cos atrakcyjnie ubic w promocyjnej cenie, dobrze sie ustawic, zmusic przeciwnika do cofniecia... Szukam jakiejkolwiek przewagi nad przeciwnikiem.
4. Rozeznanie sie w tym, czy w tej turze obrazenia sa sprzyjajace, czy tez odwrotnie. Kalkulator. W zasadzie tak naprawde nigdy tego nie robie, ale wiem, ze warto
5. Wyprobowanie kilku wariantow. Selekcja kilku najlepszych.
6. Z tych kilku najlepszych w sumie warto by sprawdzic na kalkulatorze co potem zrobi przeciwnik, ale to jest meczace. Dlatego warto znac choc troche na pamiec niektore wartosci, ale to lata gry (?).
7. A ten punkt akurat robie czesto w turniejach - po wybraniu najlepszego zagrania nie wysylam gry do serwera, tylko jak mam jeszcze czas to wlaczam gre ponownie po paru godzinach i sprawdzam, czy ze swiezym umyslem sytuacja po moim ruchu wyglada tak dobrze jak wczesniej. Jesli tak, to odpalam

W grach druzynowych trzeba by jeszcze powsadzac pomiedzy inne punkty:
a) rozeznaj sie, do czego zmierza twoj sojusznik
b) jak nie wiesz, zapytaj
c) rozeznaj sie KONIECZNIE w kolejnosci, w jakiej nastepni gracze ruszaja sie po sobie
d) jak jestes tytanem, to masz przekichane, bo musisz rozgladac sie zawsze po calej planszy, czy aby przypadkiem nie nalezy gdzies rzucic paru teleportow...
User Generated Maps » Map contest » Go to message
Thanks for sharing that link. And thanks for the brilliant idea of map contest So i drew this:

The Forbidden Khralean Standoff
The page from forbidden strategic manuscript by an ink of legendary sims-tzu-kz, circa 950 BC. You'll never guess where it been!
Start credits: 250 (player 1), 475 (player 2).
75 / per base
number of bases: 5 each
Ogólna dyskusja » Szkółka Niedzielna » Go to message
Ruch suprasa:

Sapiens zabija garuda i swarmer, zdobywając lekką przewagę w środkach i ustawiając się w pozycji marauderami tak, aby odbić północną bazę w razie próby zajęcia. Robi kolejnego marine oraz maraudera w miejscu chroniącym go przed ostrzałem.
Mój ruch:

Niszczę suprasowi jak najwięcej środków i wchodzę na bazę, żeby odwrócić uwagę choć jednego maraudera. Do gry wchodzą kolejna mrówka i swarmer (w takim miejscu, gdzie jest ich odpowiednio mniej). Teraz trzeba tylko jak najszybciej wygrać
Forum Index Profile for Angkor »» Messages posted by Angkor