[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: sandymac
Forum Index Profile for sandymac »» Messages posted by sandymac
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
@NatSelection: your profile shows you've only played 21 games of uniwar. Go play several hundred games and then come back and share your thoughts.

And yes "very best" perks will will be found but that is no different that the fact that currently sometimes one races is the very best for a map. This can be made a non-issue by simply designing the game data so each map has a list of banned perks in ranked matches because they are too powerful. Over time these lists can be tweaked much like past tweaks.

Lighten up, this is a thread about new feature ideas. Take an idea and think of how it could be made to work and share that instead of being all negative.
To continue my perks suggestions I've seen other console games with negative perks which are there for bragging rights. Some players would enjoy boasting about beating someone with a reduced starting health or a reduction of income.
I'd like to see a perk system. Each player could select or be randomly assigned a perk at the start of a match. I think this could go a long way to prevent maps from being solved under some starting conditions.

Perks I can think of:
* 7% interest income on your credit balance
* 4% Build discount on new units
* Double experience earning (increases rate at which your units rank up) or
* Veteran Units (units are built ranked up but with 10 health but cannot earn experience to rank up more)
* Movement accumulator (for each turn a unit doesn't move or heal they get +1 added to their movement rating when they do decide to move)
* Flare (removes fog of war at the end of a turn (to prevent teleport cheating and give the opponent a chance to mix things up) probably needs a 4 turn cool down period)
* Blind Fire (ability to attack a spot still obscured by fog of war, would most affect ships)
* Toxic bases (makes your bases deal two units of damage each turn an opponent camps on them.) (this would prevent your opponent from camping their way to victory)
* Health transfer (lets any two adjacent units average their health between them. eg: a unit with 10 health and a unit with 1 health could average their health so they both have 5 health.)
* Martyrdom (when a unit it is destroyed it deals 1 unit damage to all adjacent units friend or foe)
* Double shot (units can make the exact same attack twice in a turn but will have to cool down the next turn)
* Airstrike (deals 2 units of damage in a wide radius to friends or foes at a spot 2 turns from now and your opponent knows where that spot will be) (this could interrupt standoff situations)
* Neutron Pulse (For a 7 unit radius around a player's base this kills all ground light units and disassociates all heavy, aerial, or aquatic units from any team. The disabled units can then be recaptured by moving a ground light unit into it or attacked without worry of a counter attack. Each base can only do this once and it takes 2 turns to charge up. During that time the base cannot build units and it wouldn't be smart if the player left the base covered. Other players will be notified a neutron pulse is coming but not which base will be. An opponent that starts a capture could prevent the neutron pulse from happening.)

I'm sure there are others but that should be enough to get people thinking about some ideas. If you include perks please make me a beta tester.
New Feature Request » Random games - 20+ game surrendered by same opponent... » Go to message
I'd like to see a limit on how many fresh random games someone can start with you. Something like a player can initiate up to four fresh games with another person until you will be temporary excluded from their possible opponents. By "fresh games" I mean a match that if either player quit then it wouldn't affect your ranking.
Sapiens » Does the Engineer help other teammates repair faster too? » Go to message
Does the Engineer (or any other support unit) help other teammate's units of the same class repair faster too or does it only boost your team?

Update:
Nope, it doesn't
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.5 iPhone » Go to message
  kralux wrote:NEW FEATURES
- Colored dots in My Current Games now ON when the player in turn is online.

any chance that dot when lit up looks different when the player in turn in online and in that map?
New Feature Request » POLL- Skip, Kick or Both? » Go to message
I like the skip for a few turns before a kick but I also think the turn time should be reduced for a player if they've been skipped and having loaded uniwar since first skipped.

For example with a 1 day turn game if a player is skipped and their turn comes up again and their 'last online' time is greater than the turn time then they have 75% of the normal turn time (18 hours) to make an appearance before a skip is allowed. Finally when it comes to the absent player's turn time before a kick is allowed cap it to 50% the normal turn time (12 hours).
New Feature Request » Improve chat updates » Go to message
Chat updates seem to happen after your turn starts so often I or my team mates miss a relevant message that may affect strategy. I'd be nice if these were current when the map was loaded. Also, maybe include chat messages since your last turn in the "Your turn" emails.
New Feature Request » Option to replace dropped players with bots in team matches » Go to message
Maybe this will be less of an issue now with the skip turn feature but in a team match it sucks when a teammate is removed or surrenders unbalancing the game. The remaining members of the team would probably appreaciate it if the removed player's units were taken over by a bot.
New Feature Request » View the map/game/messages before responding to a peace offr » Go to message
+1
New Feature Request » confirmation after second move helicopters and speeders » Go to message
+1 I've regretted accidental touches in these situations too.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
I had the black screen when I first updated to Uniwar 1.0.3 but I was able to get Uniwar to work by:
1. Deleting Uniwar from my iPhone
2. Syncing the iPhone
3. Power cycling the iPhone
4. Syncing the iPhone to sync Uniwar back on to it
5. Power cycling the iPhone
6. Starting Uniwar while holding the iPhone vertically and then tilting it to the right when the black screen appeared.

I don't know if all of that is necessary, but that is what I did. The last tilt in step 6 may have been a fluke. Previously for me the screen would change color when I tilted so when I started Uniwar that last time and the screen was black I thought the reinstall hadn't worked. Don't know if I was just impatient or if that was a needed step.
Did you include "iPhone 3.0 tested" or some other buzz words to get Apple to notice?
Maybe re-submit to Apple?
New Feature Request » Search filters for the open games listing » Go to message
I'd like to be able to filter the list of open games to exclude some settings. Specifically:
  • Turn limit time: show all times, less than 12 hours, or 12 hours or longer
  • Player count: show all matches, 2 player matches, more than 2 player matches, or team matches

• I'm sure there are others but that is what I'd like to see.
    Forum Index Profile for sandymac »» Messages posted by sandymac