[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Destructor49
Forum Index Profile for Destructor49 »» Messages posted by Destructor49
New Feature Request » Nuclear Missiles » Go to message
So I was playing starcraft recently and I was thinking that it would be awesome if a nuke or similar weapon was integrated. This is different from a suicide attack unit as the missile would have to be a special ability of say an engineer or artillery class unit (battery/walker) and would deal massive ammounts of damage to it's targets. I was thinking something like this:

-Nukes could be launched from heavy ranged units
-Nukes would deal damage over a 3-hex radius
-If any given unit is at the very center of the blast radius it is instantly destroyed (even buried units)
-Targets immediatley next to the blast center would recieve moderate-sever damage (as in like 6-8 points worth)
-Targets 2-3 hexes away would recieve minor-moderate damage (2-5 points worth)
-Units that survive the strike will recieve radiation damage for 2-3 turns unless repaired by an engineer class
-If the unit that launched the nuke is within the blast radius, it along with any friendly units recieve equal damage as all hostile units.
-The unit launching the nuke does not have to be within standard attack range. Nukes would have a range of 5 hexes even on non-visible terrain.
-Nukes have a built in travel time of around 1-2 turns and can be shot down by air units and ground units alike, however since they are a small target they are hard to hit but if you do hit them massive damage is dealt (like a 3 in 10 chance to hit and destroy it)
-In order to launch a nuke a player would have to have mad cash like around 1500 credits for one nuke

---The next three ideas are not official but I thought I'd put them in anyway---
-Players would have to pay extra money like around 500 credits when purchasing a long range unit (like a battery) to give it nuclear launch capabilities, meaning only equipped artillery units could launch nukes.
-idk if this would work bt maybe if a nuke targets a base the player in control of that base losses control of it.
-Similrly to how each race has special abilities against another maybe nukes could work that way instead of radiation damage.
>Sapien nukes could make a EMP and disable all titan units within the blast radius for 2 turns
>Khralean nukes could leave damaging residual acid on all sapien units for 2-3 turns
>Titan nukes could leave crater that any khralean unit passing through would recieve minor damage if travel through for 2 turns

Let me know what you think!!
New Feature Request » Terrain visibility » Go to message
I think it's a good concept idea, but then if it was implemented there would be the question of how much viability would a mountain take off, and how that would work with line of sight. Would it just block off certain areas until said areas were explored, or would the visibility change based off of any units current line of sight?
New Feature Request » New Race! » Go to message
no I'm going to have to say that this is not a great idea no offense. The balance between races is already tricky as it is, and throwing a new race in just for the sake of it would really throw it off.
Titans: Powerful but expensive
Sapiens: Sorta powerful, moderate price
Khraleans: weaker, Really cheap

Where would a new race fit in? If you wanted to add more races, you would really need too add two to keep the balance (one on each end of the spectrum), and that would be awful because there would be way to much diversity and if you were caught with say sapiens against a race 10 times more powerful than you it wouldn't be very fair.
Players would just go for the cheaper race and swarm everything, or the most expensive and have one unit kill all. sooo, as for a new race, no.
New Feature Request » more units and unit upgrades » Go to message
I'm not sure about doubling the units but definatley more sea units and probably more air units. I would like to see some larger maps and perhaps some more powerful sapien units. I would like a sniper unit for the sapiens. that would be awesome.
New Feature Request » more units and unit upgrades » Go to message
The problem with that would be in game upgrades would make certain games unfair, and make it difficult to recover from the loss of bases. It would also off set the intentional balance between the three races. Sapien tanks attacking Khralean swarmers would be really unfair unless major limitations were put in place.

As for your extra unit idea, I completely support the idea. I think it would be cool to have three new race specific units. Maybe an anti air unit for the sapiens, or maybe like an air unit for the titans. For the Khraleans I would like to see a unit that can attack while underground, but that is borderline off balance, and need refinement.
So I respectfully disagree with the first idea, but I totally agree with the second. Cheers!
New Feature Request » Specialized weapons » Go to message
So in similar games like Starcraft, players will have the option to build specialized units that specialize (no duh) in attacking a certain type of target (flying/ground/water). It would be nice to see some sort of anti air unit like a battery with range, but for attacking air only.

I was thinking of combining the double attack skill of the marauder, and the range of like an eclipse (1-2) and putting them together to make a flak cannon or something. Obviously it would have to have a drawback like limited mobility or armor to balance it out.

-also-

I was thinking that it would be cool to have some sort of upgrade so that engineer class units can build structures or some sort of base defense. Or some sort of upgrade to give bases defenses for last resort kinda point defense systems. It would have to cost allot and be ranged, but it would have to be killed before the base could be taken. This could also manifest into a sort of immobile turret to be built on a map with high defense and range, but also cost, and a limit to how many could be built and how close (so that you couldn't build nets to prevent people from passing).

-on that note-

I was also thinking that it would add a whole new dimension to the game to have a sapien cloaking unit sorta like a ghost spec ops from Starcraft. It would have high mobility and okay attack, but low armor. Going with Starcraft II it could also have a secondary sniper weapon to take 1 shot 1 kill ranged shots (only on soft ground targets), but it would take a turn to recharge and disengage the cloak. This could help balance out the disadvantage of the sapiens not having burrowed units, or teleporting, and it could be really cool.

-Finally-

I think it would be cool to have sort of like mass effect weapons for the long range artillery units to use a a special attack that would affect all hexes touching the target hex. It could only be used a limited number of times and would take up two turns (first turn to fire, second to recharge/reload), and would lower defenses making them vulnerable to attack. This could help with infantry swarming and such especially with swarmers.

Let me know what you think!
How to make the uniwar.com website better » UNIWAR 2 » Go to message
I see no need for a sequal. Just expansion to the current version.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Set Contraints for Random Game » Go to message
That kinda defeats the purpose of a random game. The point is to have any number of variables be it turn limit, race, map, be working for or against you without any of your input.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Specialized weapons » Go to message
bump
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Map creation. » Go to message
ARe you saying we can (if so i didn't know we could), or are you saying we should be able too? Either way I agree.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » UNIWAR 2 » Go to message
Theres probably not going to be a squeal but probably just periodic updates.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Specialized weapons » Go to message
So in similar games like Starcraft, players will have the option to build specialized units that specialize (no duh) in attacking a certain type of target (flying/ground/water). It would be nice to see some sort of anti air unit like a battery with range, but for attacking air only.

I was thinking of combining the double attack skill of the marauder, and the range of like an eclipse (1-2) and putting them together to make a flak cannon or something. Obviously it would have to have a drawback like limited mobility or armor to balance it out.

-also-

I was thinking that it would be cool to have some sort of upgrade so that engineer class units can build structures or some sort of base defense. Or some sort of upgrade to give bases defenses for last resort kinda point defense systems. It would have to cost allot and be ranged, but it would have to be killed before the base could be taken. This could also manifest into a sort of immobile turret to be built on a map with high defense and range, but also cost, and a limit to how many could be built and how close (so that you couldn't build nets to prevent people from passing).

-on that note-

I was also thinking that it would add a whole new dimension to the game to have a sapien cloaking unit sorta like a ghost spec ops from Starcraft. It would have high mobility and okay attack, but low armor. Going with Starcraft II it could also have a secondary sniper weapon to take 1 shot 1 kill ranged shots (only on soft ground targets), but it would take a turn to recharge and disengage the cloak. This could help balance out the disadvantage of the sapiens not having burrowed units, or teleporting, and it could be really cool.

-Finally-

I think it would be cool to have sort of like mass effect weapons for the long range artillery units to use a a special attack that would affect all hexes touching the target hex. It could only be used a limited number of times and would take up two turns (first turn to fire, second to recharge/reload), and would lower defenses making them vulnerable to attack. This could help with infantry swarming and such especially with swarmers.

Let me know what you think!
Sapiens » What to do vs Swarmer spam? » Go to message
If I'm ever swarmed I simply kick it starcraft and overload on marines.
Sapiens » Fleet Tactics » Go to message
So I really enjoy maps with fleet battles and stuff, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on good strategies or tactics to use for the open ocean. I find myself going up against hordes of Levis every now and then and it's really hard to advance. What do you all suggest?
Forum Index Profile for Destructor49 »» Messages posted by Destructor49