[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Gargoyle
Forum Index Profile for Gargoyle »» Messages posted by Gargoyle
New Feature Request » Special unit benefits affecting a teammate » Go to message
I lke the idea, but with the caveat of being the same race.

Just to throw some gas on the fire, what do you think of a teammate's Titans being immune from your EMP?
New Feature Request » Team match problem with new rules » Go to message
I agree about the rating system - I'm not sure it's needed. As I said before, between my Friends list, my Friends' Friends lists, and the people I see offering opinions on this forum, I think I've got a pool of players I trust to last me for the next year...
Frequently Asked Questions » Website Question: What is Karma? » Go to message
Is this working? We have some posters with more than 50 posts, yet I don't see any Karma points.
New Feature Request » Need to have some way to decline game invitations » Go to message
I hate the surrender option because that screws up the whole game for the other players. It's better if you can decline, then another player can take that spot.

This goes hand-in-hand with another feature request I have: if an invitation to a multi-player game is unanswered/declined, I'd like the option of inviting a new player, not just leaving it open.
New Feature Request » Combatting Loopholes - Improving Speeder abilities... » Go to message
I do NOT like the idea of the Engineer not being able to fire off an EMP after movement. This would make EMP essentially useless, unless you are playing a noob stupid enough to wander within two hexes of an Engineer. The EMP is the only thing that lets Sapiens go toe-to-toe with Titans.

I think if you weaken the Engineer you give the Titans a chance against the Eng spam without making the EMP weapon useless.
General Discussion » Displaying your location » Go to message
Just wanted to bring this up again. I think _jnc_ has a great idea, and I'm getting the feeling that our user base is pretty wide-spread. Just go into My Profile and edit your location.

Thanks from sunny Central Florida, home of the Space Shuttle and Mickey Mouse.
General Discussion » Chat issues anyone? » Go to message
My amazing vanishing chat problems seems to be fixed in 1.0.3. However, since the update, I have had a couple of times when I'm writing a chat and I try to save it that the game has hung on a white screen. Pressing the Home button brings me back to my home page. When I start UniWar again, sometimes the message I saved is there, sometimes not. I'm on an iPhone 3G.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
BTW Developers - Team Chat positively rocks! I'm loving it!!
New Feature Request » Combatting Loopholes - Improving Speeder abilities... » Go to message
I like the Speeder over mountains/water idea. It adds a bit to the Titan's maneuverability, but the Speeder is not so strong as to totally destroy the balance of the game.

I don't mind the Speeder being able to survive EMP, but I don't think that will help drastically, again because the Speeder is realatively weak. I think lion37 had a better idea with reducing the Engineer defense a bit, so at least a Walker strike could take him out.
General Discussion » Trustworthy Uniwarriors. » Go to message
Wow, thanks for the props. I've got to echo the sentiment - Uni is great to play with or against, and the same for Leaf and Crabs. Some other recommendations might be:

- zCAP (just won my latest Gargoyle Invitational meet)
- Dartman (would have kicked my butt in the Gargoyle Invitational if zCAP hadn't surprised us both)
- davegobe (co-winner of a Gargoyle All-Star match)
- brianpurkiss (another great player)
- mrgould (just getting to know him, but very solid)
- iphone1118 (one of my earliest opponents - also a pleasure)
- Narbotic (careful - he's good!)
- bumbino (also excellent)

This is not a complete list of all the good folks I've enjoyed playing with (so if your name's not on here, it's not because I don't like you). I just don't want to give out all of my good opponents at once, or I won't find anyone to play with!
New Feature Request » Team Match with more than two teams » Go to message
One new feature I'd like to see is the ability to add more than two teams to a match. For example, I would love to play FullPlanet with four two-person teams.

Anyone else think this is an interesting idea?
New Feature Request » Team match problem with new rules » Go to message
Maybe it would work better if it were Skip - Kick, instead of Skip - Skip - Kick?
New Feature Request » Push notifications please » Go to message
Agree! Push would be great!!
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
I had the same issue, deleted UniWar, and just downloaded it again on the iPhone (without synching with iTunes) and it now works fine. My only issue is that, since the update, I have had a couple of times when I've saved a chat message that the game has hung on a white screen. Pressing the Home button brings me back to my home page. When I start UniWar again, sometimes the message I saved is there, sometimes not.
New Feature Request » confirmation after second move helicopters and speeders » Go to message
Would also like to see a confirmation (or an Undo) if I hit Repair. I accidentally hit Repair instead of Move at a critical juncture in one of my games, and it set me back considerably. I'd really love to have the option of Undoing any move other than an attack.
Forum Index Profile for Gargoyle »» Messages posted by Gargoyle