[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: rolando
Forum Index Profile for rolando »» Messages posted by rolando
General Discussion » Starting money » Go to message
Player 1 gets the initial start credit in Round 1. All other players get the initial start credit plus the credit/base. So Players 2-8 will start their first turn with the same credit, but it will be more than what Player 1 started with, since Player 1 has first mover advantage.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
  5200 wrote: Will updating to the new iphone os be mandatory to keep playing? Because i don't plan to any time soon (and many ipod touch users may feel the same way, or at least be putting it off as long as possible, since they have to pay $10)

You do not have to update to the new OS to be able to play the next version. You will only have to update UniWar to version 1.0.3 to continue online play (once it becomes available).
Bug Reports » "Error Connecting to Server", then crashes » Go to message
Hmm, is it with any of your games or a certain game?
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
  brainiac wrote: will the updated maps be implemented into games already in progress? because that could cause some problems and potentially change the outcome of the battle.

Nope. The updated maps are in a sense new versions. So any games that have been created or started from the current client will not be affected. At the same time, when you update to version 1.0.3 you can still finish those games with the old maps. However, when you create a new game in version 1.0.3 it will be using the updated maps.

In short, your games are safe.
General Discussion » Game being made for other phones ? » Go to message
  lupe wrote: I was wondering if you were planing on having this game work on other phones. I have a iphone and love the game and some friends that have seen it wished it was on their platform. Android and the like.

Keep up the good work

Yes we are working on porting UniWar to other phones and platforms, including Android.
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
Before everyone starts trying to beat the system by losing their connection to the server I will let you all know that though there is a random element to how much damage your units deal and receive the same amount of damage will occur in the same turn if you tried to replay it between those two units. The server communicates this to the client when it becomes your turn, so if you were to replay that same turn making the same moves the result will be the same every time. Once you have a new turn the outcome changes.

Here's an example:
In your turn you use a 10HP Marine to attack a 10HP enemy Marine and both lose 5 points. So hypothetically if you could replay that move over and over during that same turn with those same units the outcome will still be that both lose 5 points. But, if you were to wait to attack until your next turn and then you used the 10HP Marine to attack the 10HP enemy Marine the outcome may come out differently. A different outcome may also occur if you were to end your turn and your enemy decided to use their 10HP Marine to attack your 10HP Marine, but then the outcome would always be the same during your enemy's turn until it becomes the next person's turn.

Did I lose anyone?

New Feature Request » push notifications » Go to message
We're already looking into it.
General Discussion » "Refresh" button and timing out » Go to message
Also, to add to #1, you can adjust the automatic refresh rate of an online game to 10 seconds, 20, 40 or 60 seconds. This way, if you have a short 10-minute game you can set the auto refresh to 10 seconds to keep the game fast paced (assuming the other player is moving just as fast).

To adjust the game refresh rate, go to the Pause Menu -> Settings
New Feature Request » Penalize players that drop out immediately » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: > You get nothing for dropping them even if you
> are winning!

I definitely think this should be changed. If the game has went on more that 2-3 rounds then it should be a game for points and you shouldn't be able to get out of losing by just ignoring the game.

I have a hard fought game on round 23, that I'm winning, and the guy just stopped taking his turn (it's a 3-day game so it's not like he didn't have the chance). I'll give him a few more days before I get tired of seeing it and kick him but it's been a lot of time and work for no score.

If the game is rated, after 3 rounds it counts towards your score, even if the player surrenders or gets kicked.
Bug Reports » No Victory Team Glitch » Go to message
  Gargoyle wrote:I'm wondering if we could declare a victory in team just like 1v1. If the opponent is wiped and the based occupied, it's a win.

Just to point out something here, team matches have slightly different conditions compared to free for all matches because of this scenario:

If a player in a team has no more units and has his/her bases occupied (but not captured) by enemy units, that player is not considered defeated so that his/her teammates have the opportunity to rescue that player from defeat.

We have updated the conditions on the server for team matches, but keep pointing out issues like these so we can look into it.

What's New in the Latest Updates » Update to v1.0.3 requested (please read) » Go to message
Hello Everyone!

Due to the new online features added to version 1.0.3 we request everyone to please update when this new client becomes available. Once the new client is out, players using version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 will not be able to connect to the server.

We apologize for any inconvenience during that time. Thank you for your understanding.

The UniWar Team
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
Also, on what terrain was your Plasma Tank? If you had it on a Forest terrain the Plasma Tank receives -3 in defense.
New Feature Request » Solving excessive drop outs » Go to message
  ahbritto wrote:If time expires on the first move, the player gets default moves: their pieces repair.

If a player misses a second consecutive move, they automatically surrender.

Version 1.0.3 will have a similar solution, which is to skip the player in turn when their time runs out (instead of removing them). A player can be skipped twice consecutively if they do not take their turns within the time limit. If they are late again after that they can be removed.

When a player is skipped their only move will be to repair damaged units.
New Feature Request » Improvements for team matches » Go to message
  zCRP wrote:
If you select any unit on the field the status HUD will indicate if they are in Team 1 or Team 2.

Yes, but the scrolling is a bit slow, an icon would give a quicker overview of the situation.

Also, what about fog of war in team games? should each player on a team be able to see what the others see? as team chat becomes available, this would de facto happen, but just allowing all team members to see the same would spare a lot of typing.

Ah the scrolling... here's a secret...

You can scroll the status text by dragging your finger along it! Try it!

But yes, an icon would be more obvious.

In team games you see what your team sees and vice versa. So you have shared vision through the Fog of War.
General Discussion » Displaying your location » Go to message
That is interesting! Well my profile is updated. Kudos for bringing this up.
Forum Index Profile for rolando »» Messages posted by rolando