[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Paul5678
Forum Index Profile for Paul5678 »» Messages posted by Paul5678
New Feature Request » Something to waste money on » Go to message
I think that's a splendid idea.
Sapiens » The strongest Sapien unit » Go to message
Impaler: I think it's cool seeing a conversation continued, even if it's an old conversation. I think that's better than having a new thread; I like having the context of seeing the previous discussion all in one place.
I'm curious; what's your objection to continuing old threads?
Titans » How to master titans? Video Tutorial » Go to message
That's a good looking document as well!
Can you share an English translation of it?
General Discussion » Terran helicopter unable to cross deep water??? » Go to message
A map construction constraint would make this more appealing:
- Ocean tiles can only be adjacent to ocean tiles or water tiles. (not reef, bridge, or any land)

Some people construct maps like this anyway, but it's optional of course.
General Discussion » New Earth Grid & Rules/Guidelines » Go to message
(3) No Personal Massages

Why do you care what else people are doing while taking their turn on their mobile device?

General Discussion » Skipping players in tournaments » Go to message
I don't remember there being an 18 hour turn option in the past. But I think it would help a lot. If someone is on a date, they won't have even 5 minutes to look at their phone between 6pm and 6am.
General Discussion » Skipping players in tournaments » Go to message
I think it's an important question. 12 hours is often not long enough for those of us with jobs and families.

I don't skip players. Instead, I give them an extra 12 hours and then ask if they need more time.

5 days late does seem kind of extreme, though. (I'm glad I've never been in your position.) Did you ask the other team what's up? The play who is online might have a way to check on their teammate.

The problem with skipping is that it pretty much ends the game, and yields all the previous work on the game to be worthless. You'll never know how it would have gone.

As far as unofficial etiquette, it seems like most players will be polite and give extra time if asked, and will refrain from skipping even if not asked. Especially at higher rankings.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
How about no ZOC on the Shredder?

So, the disruptor stuns all its nearby Titan friends whenever it takes a hit? That will not be popular at parties.

Way to put a non-WiFi moment to good use! Even better than that cactus-leaping dinosaur of Chrome fame.
New Feature Request » Feature: make a new game from any point in a replay » Go to message
I see, yes.
Do you think a map upload token would be enough of a cost?
User Generated Maps » The Great Uni-Caper » Go to message
Yeah, that's a cool design. Have any replays to show?
New Feature Request » Feature: make a new game from any point in a replay » Go to message
Angkor, I don't understand the nuance of your objection. Can you elaborate?
Currently I can make a "Mission" map from whatever state exists in a game on any turn. But that's tedious to do by hand. I'm suggesting that the computers could do the tedious part for us.
1) Watch a game replay
2) At any point, click the "create new game" button
3) A game is created with whatever conditioned exist at that point in the replay.
4) The standard game setup screen appears. Invite players as normal.

Then you could learn "Could I have won from that terrible position?" and "What if I had attacked on turn 6 instead of retreating?"

That would be cool, wouldn't it?
Bug Reports » Helicopter cannot move over dark blue water tiles? » Go to message
Indeed, several of the unit descriptions are out of date. From reading the descriptions, you'll learn that the Swarmer is the least expensive flying unit, and the Battery cannot move and attack in the same turn.
Tournaments » Uniwar Olympics » Go to message
This sounds like a fun idea!
I'd be happy to serve on the committee if you'll have me. I'm a big fan of equitable decisions.
Tournaments » The Grand War - Alpha » Go to message
Very creative!
I would like to sign up as a mercenary.
Forum Index Profile for Paul5678 »» Messages posted by Paul5678