[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: blitzkrieger
Forum Index Profile for blitzkrieger »» Messages posted by blitzkrieger
New Feature Request » Map selection screen » Go to message
I would like the map selection to be easier when creating a game. As a suggestion following could alleviate the pain:

1. Scroll left from first map to the last one (wrapping of selection).

2. Display maps as icons in scrollable list (maybe fitting 6 or 8 maps per screen)

Just my 2c worth.
New Feature Request » EMP spam - new proposal » Go to message
Just had a little brainwave. EMP by itself is not too powerful - it's only when it becomes a spam that it's annoying. Which mean rather then nerfing EMP - we should be trying to stop EMP spam.

As such I can offer one immediate suggestion - one that even has the benefit of plausible story line.

Under my proposal, any engineer that is blasted by EMP would be subject to EMP cool off period. Either the full 10 turns - or a shorter period if desired.

And it's plausible - after all it's perfectly reasonable that the EMP generator would be affected by EMP pulse going of in its proximity.

Thoughts/comment s?

-- blitz
New Feature Request » Disband unit » Go to message
I don't like that idea. You can often really stuff up the enemy by grinding his units down few hit points but not killing them.

This would remove that ability.

Hence just treat the silly build as once off - I did it once or twice before I learned better.
General Discussion » solo play 'hard' difficulty » Go to message
I am pretty certain the Hard AI gets more cash. Or starts with lot more.

It's probably not the nicest way of making AI hard - but at least the AI is a little bit of challenge now.
General Discussion » Rubbish Upgrade » Go to message
I would like to know how today's Kharelean issue slipped through the "new measures" mentioned in the previous post. Is it just me or do things seem to be getting more buggy rather than less.
General Discussion » Error connecting to server with khralean games » Go to message
+1 - same problem here.
Technical Support Questions » "You have reached the maximum number of current games" » Go to message
Run into this bug as well. It only seem to happen when you are trying to start a random gain. To work around it, join a game normally. This seems to reset some internal counter and you'll be able to start random games again.

Cheers

-- blitz
New Feature Request » New Feature: Day and Night System » Go to message
I like it!!

Like wesnoth ... 6 phases.
Kharelans +1@night, -1@day
Sapiens -1@night, +1@day
Titans always +0.
Everyone has +0 @dawn & dusk.

-blitz
Technical Support Questions » Cannot start a random game (Error connecting to the server) » Go to message
Since I upgraded to 1.03 I keep getting "Error connecting to the server" whenever I try to start a new random game. Everything else seems to work fine and I can create new games and join other games. Just no random function.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a workaround?
Technical Support Questions » Game is not terminating even though one team is eliminated » Go to message
The game OCTALWAR81758 is failing to detect that red player has been eliminated and thus failing to terminate.

Could someone in the support team please have a look at it?

Thanks in advance!
General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
I have been in two free-for-all games recently that showed very suspicious patterns of collusion.

One was a 3 player, where it was clear the other two players were clearly working together to pick of anyone that signed up to their game. Even more disturbing was an instance of 8 player game where 4 people were clearly working together (small players kept alive by the bigger ones, never attacking each other, etc.) They even go as far as terminating the game by peace as soon as they killed of everyone else.

Clearly this is unsporting behaviour, but what cane be done to curb this? Few ideas come to mind:
1) Disable peace option in free for all games with more than 2 players.
2) Can uniwar team do something to detect this? And punish the perpetrators appropriately? E.g. turn games non-rated when cheating is detected.
3) Any other ideas?

P.S: I have no probelm with people teaming up ... but if you do that you should set the game up as a team game, not a free for all!
Forum Index Profile for blitzkrieger »» Messages posted by blitzkrieger