[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: zCRP
Forum Index Profile for zCRP »» Messages posted by zCRP
General Discussion » Is Uniwar going south? » Go to message
I just restarted playing Uniwar after a long hiatus waiting for 1.0.5. What I found is:

- much fewer games than 2-3 months ago
- almost all games are full planet all vs all, very few 1vs1 games
- tried joining a few team games and was "gamed" in all of them, i.e. my "team-mate" would not cooperate with me
- tried a few 1vs1 games and opponent left within first two turns

what is going on?
General Discussion » About the Recent Unit Balancing Changes... » Go to message
Also, for the sake of fairness, changes should not affect ongoing games, but only apply to newly started ones.
The best way to analyze balance changes would probably be through simulation. Make lots of different bots, then simulate thousands of games and look at outcome distributions. If that's not possible, or bot games are meaningless, I guess balance changes should nonetheless be evaluated by looking at how game statistics change. eg, make one single change, then let ppl play for 1-2 weeks, and look at how average outcomes have been affected.
New Feature Request » Clock and battery indicators » Go to message
It is a bit annoying that one cannot see cell signal, clock and battery while playing. Is there some way to show the top bar during the game, or at least show those infos in some menu item without having to quit Uniwar?
I like improvements and attempts to make the game more balanced. I just think each change should last at least a few days to allow thorough evaluation, while there have been (I think) 3 changes just in the last two days...
New Feature Request » Multiplayer Maps » Go to message
We need more multiplayer maps. I am sicking of playing 80% of the games on FullPlanet...
General Discussion » Unpolite players » Go to message
There has been much talk about un/thrustworthy players. I think that besides this, there is also the problem of extremely unpolite players, that tend easily to verbal assaults.

Just today, I was playing a multiplayer (all vs all) game. At a certain point, a player named "DaGruDge" (Nomen est Omen) started attacking me. I pointed out that another player would profit from this. Unfortunately, due the delays in Uniwars messaging system, I did not notice his truce offer right away, and besides, he went on building an arsenal around my units. So I attacked him.

His reply was:
"fucking asshole you are a dead man I will make sure you die fucking dickhead"
followed by "backstabbing faggot"

Now, we could go on arguing about alliances, truces, tactical gameplay and whatever, but this is first and foremost a game, so what's the need to start calling all sort of names??
Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
why not eliminate randomness altogether? chess works fine without randomness, as risk does _with_ random combat. I think uniwar is much more like chess than like risk. most games are not played out with hordes of armies, but with clever use of limited units. just MHO
General Discussion » Longest Game? » Go to message
What's your longest game? I just lost at round 94 of a two player game (Sapiens vs Sapiens on River Runs map).
General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
  colin wrote:
I might have done something similar had I felt there was a clear winner, but in our case where 3 players were already banding together, I was disappointed you had given up so soon.

I had no clear view of the SW area of the map, and red looked unbeatable to me at that point. Maybe I was wrong, but that's what it looked to me. Anyway, no bad feelings and I hope to encounter you again in a better game
General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
  colin wrote:
Cooperation to that extent, I believe, could hardly be called suspicious. There being no agreed upon point at which our temporary cease-fire would expire, we weaker players have to be mindful that at any point another collaborator may turn on us. In this particular game, one player who would likewise benefit from targeting the strongest opponent has, instead, decided to indulge in his personal vendetta against me.

That would be me but I think the situation is different from how you are telling it.

In many multiplayer games, I have found that aiming for second is much better than being crushed by two strong neighbours. In our case, I was attacking red when you started attacking me from behind. For a short while I tried to fight on two fronts, but as soon as I realized red's advantage, I tried to take on the only possible adversary, at the same time removing myself as a threat to the dominant player. In this case the incentive to gang up against the strongest opponent is very low. I have had a similar game where this course of action allowed me to build a small force and give a decent fight to the dominant player when there where only us two.
New Feature Request » Penalize players that drop out immediately » Go to message
I still think that someone who enters a game only to surrender immediately should receive some form of penalization. Let it be symbolic, like 2-3 points or something like that, but the current policy is very annoying.
General Discussion » Helicopter change » Go to message
You forget that mosquitoes and dragons cost much less than helis. I think the heli change has done enough to rebalance things.
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
what is the general rule for attacks? Is it simply attack - defense?
For example, Marauder has a basic 4 against heayv. If I attack with gang-up bonus I get another 3, and if I attack against Plasma in forest the defender has 14-3=11. Thus attacker has 7 against 11 for defender. Does this mean that attacker will lose 4 points ? Is there some "white noise" added? Do defenders have some advantage against attackers like in Risk?
New Feature Request » Limited Resources Games » Go to message
I think games with limited resources would be interesting. several possibilities:
1) no bases, each player starts with a set of units and that's it
2) each base has a limited yield (in credits terms)
3) each player starts with a large amount of credits but these can not be increased
4) credits must be harvested by special units which must be created ad hoc (something like Command and Conquer)

I think attrition wars get boring quickly, so limited resources would give a new twist to many maps.
Forum Index Profile for zCRP »» Messages posted by zCRP