[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: aurens
Forum Index Profile for aurens »» Messages posted by aurens
Technical Support Questions » iPhone crashes » Go to message
Yes, that did it. Thanks.

I wish the update had been announced.
Technical Support Questions » iPhone crashes » Go to message
Since last night (12/30) I've been unable to connect to my games on iPhone 1.0.5.

Sometimes Uniwar crashes on launch.

Sometimes it stalls on "logging in"

Sometimes I log in, but Uniwar crashes after I hit "current games."

I've tried various resets, even deleting and reinstalling the app. Everything short of wiping the iPhone completely.

Any suggestions?
New Feature Request » preview damage » Go to message
If I want to know the consequences of attacking an enemy unit, I must calculate odds based on the inherent strengths of each unit, their health levels, and the terrain each unit occupies. And I must do this in my head, even though I am holding a computer. Why not have the game show how much damage each unit is likely to sustain?

Obviously, this would work better if the random factor were eliminated, a change I endorse. But even with the random factor, damage could be shown as a range, or an average.
New Feature Request » Limit spamming of new games » Go to message
I don't see that the filtering helps much. If I am looking for a game close to my rating, and a couple of players near my rating has spammed half a dozen of these, it makes finding a game more difficult.
New Feature Request » Add ratings requirement to new games » Go to message
Yes, indeed. It's just as bad with two-player games. I take the trouble to set up a game, label it 1800 up, and within minutes a newbie has joined, forcing me to delete the game.
New Feature Request » Exclude certain types of players from newbie games » Go to message
Conversely, it would be nice to exclude newbies from higher level games. If I take the time to set up a game labeled "1800 up," half the time I'll get an opponent in the 1300s. Waste of time. When setting up a game, one should be able to specify upper and lower rating boundaries.
General Discussion » Online Code of Conduct - The UniWar "Constitution" » Go to message
I agree with Brainiac (against whom I've played). There's nothing obviously wrong with one person playing two or more roles on the same team in a team game.
New Feature Request » Since you can designate a friend... » Go to message
Good idea. It would also be nice to be able to block random-game invitations from such players. That way I wouldn't get spammed by someone who hits the random-game button ten times and then surrenders from the nine he won't automatically win.
New Feature Request » rematch » Go to message
I sometimes lose a game whose map and races seem to have favored my opponent. I would like a button that would challenge my opponent to the same map, races reversed.
New Feature Request » Penalize players that drop out immediately » Go to message
I quite agree. I sometimes get four of these in a row. It seems that some folks keep challenging until they find a scenario they know they can win. Cowards!
Forum Index Profile for aurens »» Messages posted by aurens