[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Paul5678
Forum Index Profile for Paul5678 »» Messages posted by Paul5678
Tournaments » The Grand War » Go to message
This looks GREAT! Please keep us posted. And let us know if you need any help organizing.
Titans » How has your Titan play style evolved with the updates? » Go to message
I was in a game recently where I saved up for a walker, but then decided to buy two guardians instead. They worked out well!
Wargasm, I guess this will depend on the map. But speeders are cheap and quite mobile. Maybe they'll eat the boppers and borflies?
Titans » How has your Titan play style evolved with the updates? » Go to message
Do you use Walkers much, or are Guardians filling that role more often?
General Discussion » Anti Uniwar stories? » Go to message
My dad asked if I wanted to play a game of chess online. I said I might be up for chess but I'd really like to play UniWar with him. And sent him a screenshot. He said, "I learned how to play chess at age 12. After 50 years I'm starting to get pretty good. I don't think I could learn a new game. Old dogs and new tricks."
I'll keep working on him!
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
I think it would be a good idea to add an option in the game creation screen for "Classic units only".

What's New in the Latest Updates » Next update, when? » Go to message
Alas, I was hoping you'd be right about "the end of October".
Khraleans » Don't understand Garudas mobility » Go to message
Have you read the rules for zones of control?
Sapiens » Do Saps always beat Khrals? » Go to message
  lion3 wrote: Ok after playing more games against top Khral players, I was beaten twice (with me playing Saps).

Were you including my game in your stats here? It was one of the most challenging UniWar games I've played, and I was really hoping to finish it. (After 12 rounds, it was really starting to get interesting. I thought I had a slight edge and was going to win... but then again, I'm an optimist.)

Anyway, thanks for suggesting that experiment.
General Discussion » Android Users » Go to message
Hmm... have you tried reinstalling it? My friend downloaded it fresh onto his EVO over the weekend and it's working just fine.

I wonder if the current version will work with Android 2.2 I'm considering updating. But I'd hold off if UniWar isn't compatible with that version of the OS. Plenty of other apps have been updated for 2.2. But I know that "will make it out this summer" could mean any time before the autumnal equinox in late September.

General Discussion » Android Users » Go to message
Nope. For some reason this feature isn't included in the Android version. Peculiar.
General Discussion » gang up bonus help plis » Go to message
I'm a native English speaker, and I don't know precisely how the gang-up bonus works either. The rules are ambiguous.

Tournaments » Quick tournament! CANCELED!!! » Go to message
I haven't signed up because I don't want to fuss with a new account, and because the 12 hour turns is too short for my schedule.

Also, I didn't see any details about how the tournament works. Maybe other people are waiting for more info before they sign up.

But it sounds like fun, and I'm excited to see how it goes!
Tournaments » New tournament anytime soon? » Go to message
I have some ideas:

1) The tournament should be run by someone who is not playing in it. That person will be available on the forum every day throughout the tournament to answer questions. That person will also be the referee, and will resolve any disputes that may arise.

2) We can have a forum thread for "tournament results". For posting results only, not for discussion of them. The winner of a game (or match, if we decide to use 2-out-of-3 matches) will post the results so the tournament organizer can randomly assign pairings for the next round.

3) We don't need screenshots unless there's a dispute. Let's build a culture of honesty rather than a culture of mistrust.

4) Time limits should be set to one day. That will allow everyone to play, even the busy people who only have time for one move per day. If the tournament takes a long time, so be it. No need to rush. Players should make a good faith effort to finish their games in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe we can have booby prizes for each pair of players who takes the longest in each round.

5) Speaking of prizes... we could make a UniWar Community Tournament trophy and send it to the winner.

Technical Support Questions » Bots Cheating » Go to message
I, for one, welcome the extra credits that the bots get. The bots are very shortsighted. They have minimal grasp of tactics and pretty much no concept of strategy. The fact that they get extra credits is the only thing that allows them to compete with humans.

Don't think of it as cheating; think of it as a handicap.

It would be better, of course, if you could adjust the level of handicap when you set up the game. There should be a field where you enter the per-turn credit bonus of each bot. Or of each human, for that matter. Then we'd be able to make interesting games with players of different skill levels.

New Feature Request » Play-by-Play log » Go to message
That's a wonderful idea, except for the fog of war toggle. The secret maneuvers should remain secret.

This seems like it would be reasonably easy to implement. I suppose the developers have other priorities right now.

It would also be very nice to be able to store game logs on my phone. These smartphones hold enormous amounts of data. Why shouldn't we be able to see every game we've played? Just hit replay and watch the whole game unfold like a movie. Or pause it and make a new game from a particular position. Computers are really quite good at manipulating data like this. It's really their specialty. Kind of a shame that the games just go away after having been played. So much missed opportunity for sharing and collaborating and learning amongst friends.
Forum Index Profile for Paul5678 »» Messages posted by Paul5678