[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: lion37
Forum Index Profile for lion37 »» Messages posted by lion37
General Discussion » Swarmer Attack Power Increase » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: i think what most people are complaining about is not the swarmer increase, but the random factor. sometimes a full health swarmer can do 5 damage to a troop and other times it only does 3. similarly, sometimes a swarmer does 1 damage to a heli, other times it does 3. it can really screw up your strategy because of this. turns the game more into a crapshoot than chess.

i would wager that if they made a setting or option available to turn off the random factor for a match, most people would do so.

Yes! Thank you for bringing up what I have been saying forever.
The random factors make this game more luck than skill and are subject to abuse by cheaters.
Sapiens » What to do vs Swarmer spam? » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: alon's not that great. he got to where he is by using multiple accounts, playing only maps where sapiens had an advantage before the heli/marauder/engineer nerf, and playing uneven maps before they were fixed. so pardon me if i don't put him on a pedestal like some sort of great warrior. he's better than the average player, nothing more, nothing less.

Well I consider myself to be a fairly good player.
Yet aLoN has beaten me in every single game without even breaking a sweat.

New Feature Request » Heli Re-Balancing and Balance suggestion: Artillery » Go to message
Glackattack - I agree with you 100%.

I also think that the trucks should be able to move 1 hex after firing (but not before firing) in order to make them a little bit more useful and mobile (mobility is the Sap trademark).

I think this ability will be almost useless. You are not likely to advance after attacking since the truck is volnerable and must be well defended. Falling back after attacking moves you out of range so you cannot attack again.

So why have it at all? Because then you can build a truck and in the next turn fire and move it off the base, then repeat. You dont have to waste a turn moving it off its base without firing. This would make it a little more interesting and useful.
Khraleans » Blockers » Go to message
  santimun wrote: Lion how do you feel about the balance now? They've really toned down the Sapiens to a much more even level. They used to be my favorite team but now that they're not so overpowered (heli's would dominate all) I've been trying out the Khraleans more and now like them (burrowing kicks ass).

I think Krahleans as a whole are pretty balanced. Yeah swarmers are weak but they're also super cheap and are distance shooters. And my recommendation for handling Titan plasma tank is a group of Garudas since tanks inflict more damage on Pinzers than they do Garudas. So you can either attack with more Garudas or use them as a wall with an Infector behind it while you build up to spawn a Wyrm. I've noticed that slows down Titans big time, unless they spawn a Walker, which then your screwed anyway because by the time you reach it you will have been beaten down to a 1 or 2. Walkers are overpowered in big money maps cause they have the longest distance so its way to tempting to just play conservative.

I think the balance is great now. all 3 races are very closely matched.
The truth is that every map is a different game and it is simply not possible for all 3 races to be balanced on every possible map. But overall the balance is very good now and I cannot say that any single race has any obvious advantage on most maps.
General Discussion » Done with Uniwar until they fix the game » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: Lion37--

The reason a lot of people don't login may have something to do with the fact that this site runs like hell on an iphone. It's actually really tough to log in, stay logged in (it seems to drop you randomly) and post a comment the "right" way (plus the links tend to open in frames) as opposed to how simple and easy it is to just hit "quick reply"

Why an iphone game's website barely runs on the iphone is beyond me but there you go

Thanks Anonymous.
I agree with you and I wish they would fix this login issue.

I was just worried that someone would think I am the one posting these Anonymous posts since I started this thread. So just to be clear, its not me posting Anonymously. I always login before posting.
  Anonymous wrote: here are my reasons for quitting uniwar:

i'm tired of...

Just to be clear - this is not my post.
I wish people would login before posting.
Bug Reports » Chat system not working » Go to message
The Chat system (both team chat and Global chat) no longer works in any of my games.
All past messages are gone.

Is it just me or are other players seeing the same problem?
Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
It seems like some of the players like to have random factors in the game while others dont.
I dont think there is a right or wrong answer.
Its just a matter of personal taste.

Here is why I dont like to have them:
Most of my games are decided by a few key moves/ attacks.
In many cases the entire game comes down to being able to capture a base or being able to kill a capturing unit.
Or maybe the entirr game depends on your buried underling being able to kill a walker, etc.

Because there are usually only a few (maybe just 1) key event, that means that the luck will not average out.
How good would you feel winning a game just because you got lucky?
How bad would you feel losing a game just because you got unlucky?

I would much rather have this be a strategy game where skill and team work alone detemine who wins.
This is not risk where you have 30 soldiers attacking 20 soldiers and the luck averages out.

In addition, the random attack factors are inherently open to abuse by hackers as I have explained before.
I will not explain how to do it, but there is a very simple way (that works right now, I tested it) to know in advance exactly how your attacks will work out.
  Anonymous wrote: Frankly I can't believe the Uniwar team let ONE complaining guy lead them to make all these changes.

1) You cannot believe it because you know its not true.
2) Login if you want to have a serious discussion.
3) I am tired of being attacked by anonymous posters just for trying to make this game better.
4) Yes, I know its just a game. But its one we all like or we would not be on this forum.

New Feature Request » Buried Underlings are too strong in mass..... » Go to message
Hi Hachiman,

I am enjoying our discussion and am happy to see we are both working to make the game more balanced.
Here are the issues:

Thermopyla is a unique map in that Titans start with a lot of money, have lots of room to grow, all the bases are in one location, and Titans can build up for a while before being attacked.
All these Titan advantages together mean that on that map Titans can just barely survive against Khrals mass underling spam.

On other maps Titans get killed by the underling spam before they can build up.

The problem is that Titans simply have no good answer vs. underling spam. using hordes of Mecha blockers is not a good strategy. Its slow, boring, and means that you are vulnerable to other types of attacks.
Building a road-block with captured underlings will also not work since the Khral player can have an unbroken chain of buried underlings all the way from his base to the Titan base.

I agree 100% that Khrals should in general be made a little stronger in other areas. But the game would be more fun, fair, interesting, and balanced if UV blasts hurt buried underlings.

Congratulations guys!

The Uniwar development team has made some very good changes and has shown that they care about the game and making it better for all. Thanks Developers!

I am officially back to playing Uniwar after the 3 long and painful days of Uniwar Withdrawal Syndrome (TM)

Regarding the changes - I agree with all of them. My intuition is that these changes will ultimately not be enough, but lets play for a while and see. I still think EMP should have been changed to damage buried underlings since Titans have no other way of dealing with them (while Saps can just build lots of flying units).
New Feature Request » Buried Underlings are too strong in mass..... » Go to message
dr. pepper,

I actually think that you understate the problem of mass buried underlings.
Some players put a buried underling under *every single* hex.
Its not an issue of seeing them, they are simply everywhere.

The problem is that Titans have no counter until they actually pop and do battle.

I have suggested 2 simple and obvious fixes to this problem:
1) UV blasts hurt buried underlings.
2) Underlings under a heavy unit do not heal.

These are small changes, but at least they will give Titans a fighting chance.
First - thank you to the Uniwar team. I love this game and it is by far the best $1 I have ever spent.

Second - I am sure some will be happy to hear I am done playing Uniwar for now. Will finish my current games, but not signup for any new games.

I am posting this with the hope of making the game better and also because I am so addicted that only by publicly posting is there any chance I will actually quit.

The game just has too many balance problems and is no longer interesting.
I will return to playing when they (at the very least) fix the following issues:

1) Eliminate random attack factors or make them per attack (not per turn).
2) Nerf the Heli.
3) Do something to end EMP spam
4) Make UV blasts hurt buried underlings.
5) Make the Marauder cost 350.
6) Improve Khars a little. Maybe by letting the Underlings and Pinzers attack air units.

In previous posts I have discussed each of this issues at length. In my (humble) opinion, they are obviously needed.

Sap's just completely dominate without these changes and Titans only win in specialized maps that let them build up a long time before being attacked.

I always play Titans.

But decided to play Khrals for a while just to see if they are really as weak as everyone says.
I know all the tricks.
Swarming, buried underlings, healing, blockers, etc.

My conclusion so far is that Khrals suck.
They are getting killed by Saps, and can barely hold out against a good Titan player.

Seriously - everyone used to say how well balanced this game is.
I comletely disagree - its not balanced at all.
Forum Index Profile for lion37 »» Messages posted by lion37