[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: lawhawk
Forum Index Profile for lawhawk »» Messages posted by lawhawk
General Discussion » Skipping and other etiquette questions » Go to message
Thanks for the guidance. I think as a general rule, I will give you one full turn-length before skipping. If it's a 3m game, I will give you 3 minutes after the end of your time. If it's a one-day game, I will give you a full day. After that, sorry buddy.
General Discussion » Skipping and other etiquette questions » Go to message
New player here, 3-2 so far. Really enjoying UniWar - absolutely the best mobile game I've ever played.

I have two etiquette questions. First, what is the community outlook on skipping? I just played a 3-minute-turn game. The other guy was there for the first 5 turns or so then he stopped playing. I skipped him several times and then "kicked" him. I felt guilty about it every time I did it. Is there a general understanding that you give the other player a "grace period" after the timer has run out, or anything like that? I would never skip someone after a few minutes in a 1-day game, which is what I usually play, but I can't do that on a 3-minute game because if he comes back online in a couple hours I wouldn't know it and I would end up being the one skipped and kicked. So I figured, it's a 3m game, if you sign yourself up for that you'd better be ready to play until it's over.

Second, what's the community outlook on surrender? If things look awful and you just know you're going to lose, is it okay to surrender, or do most people who are winning really want you to keep playing until you're flat out dead? One of my two losses I surrendered when I was one turn from losing. The other one I surrendered when I probably had two or three turns of flopping around like a fish out of water before certain death. Is it okay to surrender when you know you're going to lose? It certainly wasn't in the middle of the game or anything. I was already basically dead.
Forum Index Profile for lawhawk »» Messages posted by lawhawk