[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: guolin
Forum Index Profile for guolin »» Messages posted by guolin
Tournaments » The first unofficial uniwar tournament. CANCELLED... Again.. » Go to message
Sounds very interesting, and could improve my experience with the game. Sign me up.

Good luck making everything work out!
General Discussion » No balance at all » Go to message
Eh, most of the frugal iPhone gamers out there cringe at the thought of a $5-$10 in-app purchase, however epic it may be. Even if it was $1, some gamers would likely complain and leave the game, even though it's ONE MEASLY BUCK! (gasp) Somehow, I think quite a few gamers would rather donate $10 out of their heart rather than pay $1 for an add-on. But yeah, the devs really need the money, given their efforts to fight an almost-hopeless cause of balancing the game AND maintaining server upkeep. I mean, the app itself only costs $1, and it was even made free for a day!
Sapiens » Marines: Underated? » Go to message
I'm a Khralean player. I HATE Marines with a passion.

So yeah, I doubt they are underrated any more, especially since a lot more Saps are using Marines to counter Khrals now. Maybe thanks to this thread, but still.

Infectors, unfortunately, cannot counter those suckers early enough due to their obvious lack of defense.
Khraleans » Countering Helicopter » Go to message
Now that I think of it, an Infector is also useful for discouraging a Marine rush. The biggest problem is protecting the Infector, of course.
Khraleans » Khraleans Unite! » Go to message
Yah, you were the one with the Antimatter avatar, right?

Walkers are still become a bit of a nuisance for me (though with a properly executed buried Underling or Swarmer rush I can just laugh in their face). However, Pinzers just pwn Plasmas and Eclipses, and once I have a good Pinzer wall that can wreck any Eclipses that pop out, I can even spawn a few Swarmers for Walkers or Garudas for pure rushy-ness.

Saps aren't as big of a threat as they used to be for me. Batteries are usually no biggie - they seem to be underpowered these days. Helicopters are getting easier and easier to beat. I could even spawn an Infector to deal with Marines....hmmm...
Khraleans » Khraleans Unite! » Go to message
Listen up, all Khralean players! Drop your stingers now and stop feuding with each other. It's time that we unite against the savage Sapiens and newfangled Titans.

The Khralean forum is about as alive as a WoW player living in his parents' basement. Feel free to post general Khralean strategies, fraternize with fellow Khraleans, and find players to team up with in this thread!

Just to start us off, I'll tell a bit about myself. I've played Uniwar for quite a while now, but only spontaneously due to a lack of playing time. However, I'm starting to play a lot more thanks to acquiring a lot more playing time, and my goal is to improve my tactical and strategic abilities through experience, something I've always lacked until now.
Khraleans » Solo / dead monk / khral vs khral / howto ??? » Go to message
One word: swarmers.
Khraleans » Countering Helicopter » Go to message
I'm not worried about Helicopters as a Khraelean player anymore. No...it's when they start pushing with Marines backed by Helicopters that annoy me. I tend to either spawn either a Swarmer or Pinzer just for that purpose depending on the map, though Swarmers are usually more effect against Helicopters.
Khraleans » Wyrm +Aerial Buff » Go to message
Latent attack is my way of describing playing defensive-like (Garuda wall, Pinzers, etc.), then blitzing with a swarm. Typical Khralean, I guess, but still.

I still prefer double Garus though. I rarely make Wyrms early on against Saps.
Khraleans » Wyrm +Aerial Buff » Go to message
Hey guys, I'm back again! I might start playing Uniwar again if I get the data plan for my iPhone. For those of you that don't know me, I'm an exclusive Khralean player who specializes in latent attacks.

Well, I know that the Wyrm buff happened a while back, but I was on the verge of quitting Uniwar back then due to other commitments, so I never really got to try it out. That being said, here's my question to you all Khralean players: has the Wyrm buff affected your games, especially against Sapiens? Feel free to discuss.
Khraleans » Order of Aerial Attack » Go to message
  Nicko wrote: I'm pretty sure swarmers can have more than just one gang up bonus... At least I'm 100% sure you can use the ranged/melee bonus and the backstab bonus (one in front and the other behind, +3 I believe)...

That is assuming melee Swarmers. My examples were exclusively using Ranged Swarmers.
Khraleans » Swarmers » Go to message
I personally like double Garudas to kill Helis. Once the opponent gets at least 2-3 Helis, you're screwed (thanks to Heli's attack-move).
Khraleans » Khraleans. Youre favorite khralena unit and why » Go to message
  MasonC wrote: What how cruel to force me to pick one unit alone out of such great forces.

Hear, hear. All Khraleans find a place in my heart now. (I used to like Wyrm exclusively, but I changed my tune..)
Khraleans » Order of Aerial Attack » Go to message
Definately attack with Swarmer first. Unless you're going against Infantry, Swarmers will usually do an insignificant amount of damage anyway, and +1 ranged Gang-up isn't bad at all. Also, your Garuda suffers a reduced counterattack.

Against Infantry, it's a +1 Gang-up bonus in any case, so you should still attack with Swarmer first for a reduced counterattack.

All this is assuming you use Swarmer from a range, though.
Khraleans » Swarmers » Go to message
Garudas > Helis earlier in the game where there aren't that many Helis yet (assuming no Mountains either...dam Nix's mountaineer Marines). As seen with my decisive attack against Nix's helis.

Anyways, back to topic. I'm really starting to like the Swarmers a bit more as a nice Anti-Infantry unit. Good early on against Sapiens, but later they just get beaten to a pulp and Garudas have to come to the rescue.

And yup, I'm back. I was preoccupied with chess last week, so I only played Uniwar once in a while. Btw, Nix, don't ever invite me to a map with center bases. They totally kill my Garuda Spam tactics.
Forum Index Profile for guolin »» Messages posted by guolin