[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: _jnc_
Forum Index Profile for _jnc_ »» Messages posted by _jnc_
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.5 iPhone » Go to message
Wow, that is incredible news, guys!
There will always be a list of things people want to change or implement, but you really narrowed it down now. It's great to see that most changes came out of discussions that took place in this forum. Push notification, immediate chat, game filter, and above all (for me) random factor per attack instead of per turn, those features are going to keep me in the game for a at least one more year
General Discussion » Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial » Go to message
I suppose I'm missing something obvious here - Can't start the level editor without updating; what do you have to enter in the "Server" box of the "Xpress account manager"?
Thanks for helping!
General Discussion » Where are the German Uniwar Players? =) » Go to message
As you can see in my profile, I'm Swiss myself (but German speaking =)). Nevertheless I have found some German guys I enjoy playing with; I'll just invite you to a game. They are:

-Wurst
-Maisbrot
-E2 EK1EL
-cartman

Anyone else cares to "out" himself as German I would't mind
User Generated Maps » Mew2468's Custom Maps » Go to message
Got access to the program today but I probably won't have time to create maps soon, although I'm dying to do so

Mew2468: I like "small map", although I think Khraleans would have quite an advantage. Depends on where you would put the starting points... AND a also like the full ocean idea, but I think there needs to be a way for heavy units to drive around the whole map.
General Discussion » About the Recent Unit Balancing Changes... » Go to message
I feel a strong need to apologize in case I seemed like one of those never satisfied and always complaining people! I only thought that the way the changes were implemented seemed rather improvised and a bit odd. But I'm sure there has been a long process of discussion within the team, and I very much like what they did.
Not changing the speeder but only nerfing helis and EMP is exactly what I had wished for, and I'm really looking forward to my first Titans-Sapiens encounter on deadmonk.
And as for the selling and maintenance: I suggested somewhere in another thread that I (among others) would be very happy to pay a humble amount if the Uniwar devs should ever get the feeling they're not adequately rewarded for their work!
New Feature Request » Multiplayer Maps » Go to message
...especially because on full planet red/blue/green/yellow usually prevail, entering a non-team match with other colors is suicide (=boring).
General Discussion » About the Recent Unit Balancing Changes... » Go to message
It seems quite strange indeed that the changes happen so quickly now. Off course you can't know the full effect on thousands of players beforehand. But I thought they would test changes for themselves offline before implementing?

Like, zCRP, in our "quatros arenas" game one turn I would come forward with my pinzers against your helis, but wait, now they're only 1 def again! It's a bit of a strange way to do the updates I think. Why don't the dev's just announce the changes, let's say, two days in advance?
New Feature Request » battle games » Go to message
So what would you do with your 10k if you have no bases?

But I know what you mean; how about assault maps too? Just a limited amount of units with a target player1 has to capture, player2 defends. It would be very very hard to balance (especially with the different races) but then they could just be unrated. There are so many possiblitites where this game could go!
New Feature Request » REQ: Can we have a poll about skip turns? » Go to message
Maybe there is no perfect alternative, but I still prefer skipping over instant kicking.

I just had a game where due to the underling server bug I couldn't finish my turn. Even though I announced it in chat there was one player who thought it was necessary to skip me. Fortunately it did not lead to a mayor disadvantage and it seems our team is winning the game. But if I had been kicked due to this server bug I would have probably left the game for good! Or at least for a week... or a day

There are also "life bugs" that can restrain you from playing every 12 hours, so I'm glad there is skipping, but I also see your point in annoying skip-turn-skip players. But I suppose such a game won't last long anyway?
General Discussion » Dial 1-800-UNIWAR to make a donation » Go to message
We are still working at improving UniWar and also porting it to all other platforms so you will be able to play with all your friends. The Android version will be released to Google this week.
The UniWar Team

Just saw this on TA and felt happy but also a little betrayed.
Please devs post news like that on this forum too, we care about the game!

(Actually I care so much it's scaring me! What have I become )
New Feature Request » Push notification » Go to message
Does that mean you submit in a month or you already submitted and wait for Apple to approve it in a month?
General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
Now what a surprise; those are the siblings I wrote about

I think the invite is a great idea, I did the same let's see what happens.
  rebelxt wrote: They mentioned that the game is getting ported to other platforms, so number of players would greatly increase once this is done. Also, PSP/DS/etc users are used to a much higher price tag compared to iphone crowd.

You're right, the other platforms, I completely forgot about this part. It's been a long time since the announcement and we didn't hear anything since. Well let's hope they are making progress on the ports to keep the money flowing and the community growing.
General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
I just became victim of cheating for the first time. Not nice.

In a three player game I had opened, two players joined. That they both would come straight against me is not an evidence of cheating yet, but when they left each other completely in peace and always did their turns at the same time it became quite obvious. I say "they" because I openened chat and told them to enjoy their rating, *%!§% cheaters. The answer:
"I'm not a cheater, it's my brother". Ah. So no cheating then. After defeating me his "brother" surrendered and I lost 22 points.
I know it's just a game and it's just ranking but unfair playing makes me angry.

So here's the suggestion: Instead of a place to mention names (which could also be abused for personal vendetta), how about an e-Bay-like rating system? At the end of a match, ask "Do you want to add X to your friends list?" yes/no, "Do you recommend player X?" yes/no. Then his positive / negative balance would display in the player's profile. Very easy to use, very big effect.
Have you also caught yourself thinking that Uniwar was your best spent Dollar ever? Well it happens to me from time to time, now I suddenly realised that this fact may become a problem: I imagine sales for Uniwar are not what they used to be, considering that everyone with an iPhone/touch with the slightest interest in TBS already bought the game. So I wonder what the Uniwar team's ideas are. Of course we will not be able to see your business plan, but are there hints? Do you consider bigger updates you will charge for? Uniwar 2?

Any solution that involves mandatory paying will not be approved by anyone who is used to get things for free, so charging monthly fees for example would terribly decrease the amount of players. But considering the countless hours I spent with this game, I would be very well prepared to donate a humble amount just to make sure the team has a motivation to keep improving the game.

Does anyone feel likewise or is it just me being too public spirited?
Forum Index Profile for _jnc_ »» Messages posted by _jnc_