[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: IzzyNobre
Forum Index Profile for IzzyNobre »» Messages posted by IzzyNobre
New Feature Request » Helo nerf - how do you guys feel about it? » Go to message
  lion37 wrote: Guys - I think you are 100% right.
And these issues have already been discussed in many other threads and posts in these forums.

Just making the Heli cost more will not solve the problem since it will just take a little longer to spam them.
Both the Heli and the Engineer need to be nerfed. The Battery should be made stronger and the sap Tank should get anti-air attack in order to compensate the Sap players.

I no longer allow Sap players in my games since it is painfully obvious that they will just spam Heli's and Engineers.
There is nothing interesting or sophisticated about spamming these units - it just ruins the game.

If I was not so lazy I would upload some screen shots from my exisiting games. What you would see is lots and lots and lots of Helis.

While I agree the Engineer is by and large better than the other support units (better than the Assimilator, anyway. The Infector at least can capture bases, which is handy), it's low defense and high cool-off period in between using the EMP makes it a far more balanced unit than the Helo.

To visibly see how unbalaced the Helicopter is, open up both stat sheets, side by side, and compare the values.

http://www.uniwar.com/unit.page?unitId=106

http://www.uniwar.com/unit.page?unitId=108

The Helo has comparable attack AND defense stats, but ridiculously higher mobility and air combat worthyness for just $100 more! Why even bother with a slower unit that is helpless against aerial assaults...?

Every time I see a player using Tanks, I can't help but automatically assume they're beginners. And I just suddenly realized why I thought that - because for $100 more, you get a far better unit that outperforms the Tank in just about every way.
New Feature Request » Helo nerf - how do you guys feel about it? » Go to message
Considering their mobility, the attack stats are a little on the high side. Either lower the mobility (which doesn't make a whole lot of practical sense, considering they are flying...), or reduce their attack a bit. Seriously, Helos can take on pretty much ANY unit in the game with ease, on top of having high attack stats, high mobility and a high FoW! It's just a little too much for only $500. It's only $100 more expensive than the tank, and arguably better in almost every stat.

It isn't fair to Khraleans and Titans players, and it makes us Sapiens players lazily resort to Helo spam too often.

Any other ideas?
New Feature Request » re-engineering the EMP » Go to message
Instead of nerfing the Engineer, perhaps taking a second look at the Helicopter will be more effective in bringing Sapiens players down a notch. As it is, even with the recent nerf, the Helos are still just too damn strong.

I made a thread about it, make sure to voice your opinion

PS: Sup Kevor
I know, I know. I'll be the target of much hate, but we all know this needs to be addressed. Now lemme get this out right now - I'm a Sapiens player myself. Ok? Ok.

As it stands, the Sapiens are arguably the best race in the game. Thet have it all: mobility (Helo/Marauders), the most useful support unit (Engineers can EMP and reprogram)... and I'm sure I'm not the only player who's been more than a little annoyed by a opponent who does nothing but spam helos to no end. Yes, I'm looking at you, diegomclima

(Don't get this wrong, diego is a buddy of mine)

Here's the problem - even with the recent nerf, the Helo is still probably the best unit in the game, pound for pound. It's got ridiculous attack numbers, FoW that allows it to see pretty much the entirety of too many maps, it can move after the strike, making a counter-attack a little harder, and squatting over bases previously ocupied by enemy forces a little easier.

Combine that with the fact that too many units are WORTHLESS in air combat, and we reach the obvious conclusion that when you're playing Saps, the best strategy is to spam helos until the opponent is overrun by them. And as a Sapiens player, I realized that it takes the inter-unit strategy and battlefield planning right out of the game, reducing UniWar from an intricate chess-like war game to checkers. Why bother studying terrain effects, range of movement, unit combos and different attack stats when I can just pump out the same unit over and over again? I move, I take a few of his choppers. He moves, he takes a few of mine. Rinse, repeat.

So, what do you guys think? I believe I have a valid point, but there's always the possibility that I just suck. How do you guys deal with Helos?
General Discussion » Any reason why text input is so cumbersome? » Go to message
Why are we taken to a separate screen to enter any text in UniWar? I'm an avid app user and to my memory, UniWar is the only app that does that. It's not a HUGE issue but it's a little annoying and seems to take extra time.

Is it a logistical decision, or what?
Khraleans » Countering Helicopter » Go to message
  Hachiman wrote: Wyrms + Pinzers vs heli is awesome. Even better if you have a garuda to finish 'em when they run!

Sounds like an interesting plan, I'll give it a try. Problem is, in my experience it seems that a fast Sapiens player will start spawning Helos and nothing more, giving you little time for Wyrms, let alone the Pinzer wall to back them up.
General Discussion » UniWar Now Available on Android Phones! » Go to message
Will there be crossplatform multiplayer?
New Feature Request » Setup New Game / Map Selection » Go to message
  GERMANator wrote: It would be really nice if it would be possible to switch from the left to the right when you see the Dead Monk map.
If you could go from map 1 directly to map 54 instead of going through all other maps. espacially for the once
creating a lot of team games, this new feature would make things easier and i don't think that this takes a lot
of code change. THX!

Yes, good point. As a result of the lack of this feature we end up seeing the first few maps a lot when we play multiplayer
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.4 iPhone » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: No push notifications? That was my most wanted feature!

Hey, that's true. I even forgot about it.

New Feature Request » re-engineering the EMP » Go to message
The Engineers are already ridiculously easy to kill. I oppose to this nerf.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.4 iPhone » Go to message
- New in-game button: View Replay dedicated button.

YES! Thanks
General Discussion » Game being made for other phones ? » Go to message
Here's hoping there will be crossplatform gameplay!

What other platforms (aside from mobile phones) are you guys considering?
New Feature Request » New units? » Go to message
Is there any plans for new units in the future? The reason I ask this is because I find naval battles to be too predictable, what with there only being one naval unit.

I understand introducing new units this late into the game's lifecycle might bring about all sorts of ballance issues, but even ONE new unit for each race would make the game a lot more fresh and change the usual strategies a lot
General Discussion » Dial 1-800-UNIWAR to make a donation » Go to message
I am an avid UniWar player and I too feel that it was by far the best dollar I spent in the AppStore, nay, in my life. I've been playing lots of multiplayer games with a whole bunch of buddies from twitter for the past week now, that's an unbelievable amount of entertainment value for a buck. I can barely get a cheeseburger for a dollar!

I would also have no qualms donating some money, if nothing else it would make the devs feel more appreciated and maybe compelled to improve the game more and more. Frequent updates are the cornerstone of a successful iPhone/iPod touch game. But of course, being the makers of Pocket God, they know that

I STRONGLY, VERY STRONGLY urge them to invest in the crossplatform model. I know they are releasing UniWar for Android phones and will allow those phones to play against iPhone owners, which is goddamned brilliant, but I think there's a step beyond that - what about a browser game?!

I have a little under 3 thousand followers on Twitter and I've been tweeting about UniWar constantly lately. A lot of people have bought the game because of me, and have been playing me on a regular basis, but there's also a large number of people who would LOVE to join in, but have no means of doing so because they don't have an iDevice.

This could be remedied by bringing a browser-based version of the game which also supported crossplatform gameplay. This would be absolutelly unparalleled in the gaming world - a full blown turn based strategy game for mobile devices which not only allow crosspatform online matches, but also lets people join in by playing on their browsers.

The potential for ad revenue alone there might rival all the sales UniWar has brought in. With all the positive word of mouth that this game has generated among people who don't have iPhones/iPod touches, I feel that the lack of a browser-based version of the game that could be played across platforms needs to be adressed.

I for one know that if a browser version of UniWar came out and those players could duke it out with us iPhone owners, I'd plug it shamelessly and tirelessly on my website/twitter constantly.
Sapiens » A basic Sapiens unit guide » Go to message
Great post, much appreciated

I'll try some of the tips, particularly about hiding infantry in forests/mountains.
Forum Index Profile for IzzyNobre »» Messages posted by IzzyNobre