[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Britannia
Forum Index Profile for Britannia »» Messages posted by Britannia
New Feature Request » Another race poll » Go to message
My idea, as I posted on the Uniwar 2 concept chat, would by crystalline obelisks. Or even just crystalline-themed creatures, I think that idea has potential.
New Feature Request » Get info on visible units while not your turn » Go to message
Fourthed, often times I want to cross-check the stats of an opponents unit (or occassionally my own) but I can't select anything when it's not my turn!
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
I think that you NEED to include a fourth race with Uniwar 2. If you don't, then all you're really doing is making an update and packaging it seperately. The only way I'm going to pay for Uniwar 2 is if it includes major renovations. Please continue to upgrade Uniwar as necessary and use it as a testing ground, but Uniwar is mostly a finished product. Yes, there are some things that would make searching for games easier and the like, but only the successor to the game can introduce truely novel concepts to the Uniwar scene.

As for the rock-paper-scissors thing, I always felt that was a terrible metaphor.... There are too many complications and other factors for it to be simplified down that far.... What would it even be? Would it be Saps-Khrals-Titans? I've played plenty of battles where I've destroyed Titans, and plenty more where I've gotten destroyed by Titans (both scenarios as Khraleans).

After generally looking through everyone elses suggestions, I'm going to recap the ones I would want to see in Uniwar 2. Remember these are NEW GAME IDEAS, and not supposed to be renovations of online ladder and such.
----Fourth Race (Before you argue, read above paragraphs, Uniwar 2 is GOING to require major overhaul because YES, it is a new game. My idea for the new race would by crystalline-looking creatures. As for the fourth race's healer, its special ability could be to entirely reset the field's FoW or and AoE +1 healing, which combined with it's natural healing multiplier would create a very unique defensive strategy)
----Area of Effect Units (much like the asimilators ability to do a little damage over a wide area, except this would be the new creatures ACTUAL attack range. You could make them powerful, but do damage to both enemies and friendlies or play with how long their range would be.)
----1 or 2 new types of unites per race (see Area of Effect units)
----Alliances, though I'm not quite sure what it would entail. You could have alliance rankings, collective rank of everyone in the alliance. Then the alliance head could create team games with "enemy alliances".
----Map Editor, for unrated games only, of course, though every week we could have a temporary player map of the week which could be used to create rated games.
----1 new special ability per race, it would make gameplay much more technical when it needed to be.

I am a huge proponent of the fourth race, remember my idea for the Crystalline race! As for their healer, it wouldn't be that difficult to introduce it and keep it balanced. There are tons of ideas for what it could do (see above for two), another idea would be to for it to have EMP, UV Ray, and Plague, but not be able to reprogram any units (of course this healer would have to cost more and have less mobility to compensate)
Guides & Tips » cheat! players can see buried units! » Go to message
Could anyone explain exactly what the numbers mean? I realize they mean undergroundies are nearby, but I've seen numbers 1,2, and 3. Do they represent HOW MANY are within a certain tile range?
User Generated Maps » Rocky Waters [2 Players] » Go to message
I like Land Bridge, though...... I think this map is awesome! I always find it odd that people never post the Credits per base per Turn amount for their created maps..... I feel that gameplay is determined by how many credits you earn per turn rather than the map itself. Also, I hate it when people say that a particular race would win a map without understanding how many credits you're getting..... This map is huge, so it does give Titans a slight advantage, but if you limited the Credits per Base per Turn then it would be a more even matchup. Just my suggestion, good map though!
Guides & Tips » Uniwar is hacked » Go to message
wait..... I didn't think that underlings could even attack air units?!??! I thought that was the tradeoff for their having the highest mobility out of any ground light unit.
Forum Index Profile for Britannia »» Messages posted by Britannia