[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Xenai
Forum Index Profile for Xenai »» Messages posted by Xenai
General Discussion » Siege units and gang up bonus » Go to message
Ranged gives you the +1 gang up bonus, no matter the angle.
General Discussion » Going 1st/2nd » Go to message
Are you sure that's a hard rule? I believe on dead monk red gets 300 instead of 200, and on great wall gets 475 instead of 175.
New Feature Request » Damage Display Request » Go to message
Hmm I wasn't very clear. I was talking about the dots which are shown when you move one unit next to another. Your damage is shown on top in yellow dots, and theirs is shown on bottom in orange, which works quite nicely in most cases. However, when you're getting up to 9/10 dots, it's hard to tell exactly how many there are. And with the difference between killing a unit and leaving it with one health being so significant, I think it would be worthwhile if either all the dots or the 10th dot changed to a different color when the damage dealt is supposed to be 10.
New Feature Request » Damage Display Request » Go to message
Could the damage display for 10 points of damage be changed to a different color? So for example 1-9 damage would be the standard yellow/red dots and 10 damage might be black or something like that. Right now it's very hard to tell the difference between an attack that's supposed to do 9 damage and an attack that's supposed to do 10.
Technical Support Questions » Corrupted? » Go to message
Recently, my phone has been having problems with restarting itself randomly. I noticed it seemed to do so either when I was running Uniwar or when it was running in the background. After uninstalling and re-installing, the problems have stopped, though the period since the re-install has been too short to definitely prove Uniwar was causing the problem. Is it possible the game was somehow corrupted?
General Discussion » Veterancy? » Go to message
  xavi wrote: It's absolutely not based on luck nor randomness. Each unit gains veterancy/experience points when killing an enemy unit, proportionally to the cost of enemy unit and to its unit points before the killing.

-= The UniWar Team =-

Presumably a unit needs to kill a unit to rank up, but does experience accumulate with non-fatal damage? Also, does veterancy provide any bonuses past the extra health point?
New Feature Request » N900 » Go to message
Would a web version enable cross-platform play with phones?
Khraleans » Beating Sapiens » Go to message
The more I play the more I feel like there's too much luck involved. The difference between killing a unit and getting it to 1 health is just so huge.
General Discussion » List of Playable Maps » Go to message
Removed Jungle and added a "with small modifications" section with Chato Hill. Solitary, how would you propose balancing Montevideo? Also, I think you could do a fairly effective fix to Dead Monk by adding an extra row of plains tiles on each side of the forest. For Khral vs. Sap, it would give Khrals more room where their front line can't be hit by a copter straight off a base and lessen the impact of a copter which hit-and-runs back into the forest tiles. For Sap vs. Titan, it would make walkers a bit less powerful and give batteries more room to maneuver. For Khral vs. Titan, it would slow the rate the Khral could pour ninjalings into Titan territory.
Yes but by that definition of balance (where every race has an even chance) every single map is unbalanced. These ones at least you can host with at least 1 race without being guaranteed a loss if your opponent counter-picks.
"I tried a couple KvS games on Chato and Hurtgen and got destroyed."

Part of the problem might be that you're going first on Chato. I don't have much experience with the map myself, but I believe red has a distinct advantage there (Solitary can you confirm?)
New Feature Request » Stats » Go to message
Many thanks, look forward to it.
I believe the next big update is planned to contain a big map overhaul, so I think it would be useful to come up with a list that of maps that are generally agreed to be playable. Playable defined as being able to host with at least 1 race and not be guaranteed a loss if your opponent picks one of the other 2 races and is the same skill level as you are. (So for example, Dead Monk would not be a playable map because hosting as Khral gets beaten by Sap, hosting as Sap gets beaten by Titan, and hosting as Titan gets beaten by Khral.) Keep in mind that I'm only listing maps I have experience with, so there definitely will be ones that are playable but not included in this initial list.

In Current Form

Piriapolis
Hurtgen Forest
Forest Walk
Desolate
Gold Rush
Laguna Niguel

With Small Modifications

Chato Hill - Change starting unit placement so blue and red take the same number of rounds to cap their bases.

"Don't build pinzers or infectors."
"Pinzer doesn't beat sapiens."
"Pinzers don't win games as khral though is the central point."

I am not arguing whether it's general useful, merely that the above statements are wrong. And since you only play 4 maps as Khral, adding pirapolis to that pool would expand it by 25%, which is rather substantial. If you're willing to build infectors you can even expand it to 6 maps, as infectors are very powerful on jungle.
Hmm, seems little point to arguing stats on the forum, I'll invite you to a set of Khral Sap games on Piralopolis complete with Pinzer if you're willing. I know that lesh who's a 2303 Khral and Arrow who's a 2237 Khral are legitimate players however.
Forum Index Profile for Xenai »» Messages posted by Xenai