[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Mew2468
Forum Index Profile for Mew2468 »» Messages posted by Mew2468
General Discussion » Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial » Go to message
  Legimancer wrote:
  Mew2468 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about...try "earlyaccess.javaground.com:44 3" (without the quotations) as the server, and the username and password they gave you as the username and password. This info was in the email they sent you (at least, it was for me).

its "earlyaccess.javaground.com:44 3" (no quotes) no space between 44 and 3

Ack, that was the forum screwing up what I post...
User Generated Maps » Mew2468's Custom Maps » Go to message
  khabarakh wrote: Hey Mew2468,

It is difficult to get to your site. It may be best to create a separate thread for each number of players on the map or something. I think you may get more people to view them. Just my opinion. The first time I checked out your site, it came up. The next couple of times it appeared to be down.

Meh, I might migrate the maps over to a new website, I don't want to clog up the forum (not that it's very full...).

Edit: Migrated my maps to Google Sites - much more reliable.
Khraleans » General Khralean Tips (Submit Your Own!) » Go to message
Post your own tips and I'll add them to this post.

[Editing in this forum is totally screwed up when you have a lot of text...]

General

• None at the moment......

Countering Sapiens

IzzyNobre wrote: One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

On the following turn, simply repair the Swarmers. At that point you will establish the lead in that particular combat and 9 times out of 10, the enemy retreats once he realizes that from that point on, he'll be hitting you and being hit back, but you'll be healing back 2 points every turn anyway. It's a great way to deal with those pesky Marauders and Helicopters, I find.

In fact, the ranged attack makes Swarmers pretty damned effective against Helicopters. You just need to time your attacks right, so you can have an Infector out to back them up.

Countering Other Khraleans

Star Driven wrote: Since, no matter the map, the game is destined to be a Swarmer-off, I try to use my swarmers as smart as possible. First off, I only attack if I can kill whatever unit it is that i am hitting, to make sure it can't retreat and come back to bite me in the butt. Second, if my opponent hits a Swarmer of mine and does NOT kill it, i retreat it and let it heal until it can come to fight another day. Also, if I ever see a Wyrm, i make sure to stay out of its range, and if the opposing player leaves a hole, target it and take it out. You will most likely lose a Swarmer or two in the process, but 250 or 500 credits lost is a much better deal than the 550 your opponent spent. Also, if your enemy makes a Pinzer, i will always make a single Garuda, since they can deal damage faster than your Swarmers and the pinzer only has 1 air attack power. You will most likely lose your garuda to swarmers, but once again its worth it. 350 rather than 450.

Countering Titans

The Reaver wrote: To deal with Titans, you have to keep their strengths and weaknesses in mind. You as the Khralean player have to take advantage of them in their three weakest spots.

• Their mobility
• Their unit costs
• Their repair rate

Mobility

There isn't actually much that you can do to take advantage of this except for getting to key areas in the early game before the Titans can. Offensively, the most you might be able to do is use your Underling's great speed to grab that base before your enemy tries to use his Mecha to do the same. However, do keep in mind that the Underling's Bury ability is fantastic for scouting. Simply plant one in an area in which your opponent will not go (for example, in a swamp) and watch what he builds. Maybe send a second one in to attack threatening Walkers if those seem like they're going to be problematic.

Defensively, however, is where this advantage stands out. One of the best setups against Titans is a Pinzer up front to soak up the heavy damage, a Wyrm in the back to provide firepower on those annoying Eclipses, a Swarmer or two flanking your Pinzer to take care of infantry, and an Infector to help your Pinzer tank even better, along with. This way, you can have everything covered. If one of your units gets weak, you should be fast enough to send it back to the Infector to heal up.

The most deadly weapon in the Titan arsenal is the Eclipse. The only unit that is not susceptible to an Eclipse attack is the Pinzer. Everything else has some sort of weakness to the Eclipse. Swamers are shot down to 2 or 3 when an Eclipse attacks, and the Garuda doesn't fare much better. Therefore, make absolutely sure that you stay out of Eclipse range when your opponent spawns one (your buried Underling(s) should inform you of this) and let your Pinzer handle things.

Unit Costs

This one isn't too hard to take advantage of. Just focus on attacking the most expensive stuff before it gets too threatening. They most likely won't be able to get their damaged units up to full strength quickly enough.

Repair Rate

The Titan repairing is rather horrible. The only unit that has a +2 repair is the Speeder, and that unit is rarely used. Also, the Assimilator only provides a x2 repair rate, which translates into +2 for most other Titan units. If your opponent builds one, target and kill it with a Swarmer. You most likely won't be able to one-shot it, and you probably will be taken down in the process, but think about it. You're sending in a 250-credit unit to kill a 200-credit unit that helps keep the rest of their units alive. They are going to have to waste at least two of their attacks to kill the Swarmer, which allows you to either heal up your units or gain momentum and kill off their more expensive units. If they killed it using an Eclipse, that's even better. Their Eclipse is now down to 8, and you can easily take it down with a Wyrm and another Swarmer, eliminating the biggest threat to your army quickly and efficiently and giving yourself more tempo to work with in the process.
  khabarakh wrote:Great work on putting these together.

Thanks . I'm about to upload another batch of maps - I'll work on more 3 and 6 player maps.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » ANY GAME THAT HAS TWO PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE A REMATCH » Go to message
  deuvy wrote: REMATCHES WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE THOUGHT OF

You could just invite them to another game with the same setup...

New Feature Request » Game Finder » Go to message
  kralux wrote: This is coming in the iPhone v1.0.5 release which was submitted to Apple today.
The equivalent Android version will be out this week.

That's great! Too bad Apple takes so long to review updates...
  _jnc_ wrote: I suppose I'm missing something obvious here - Can't start the level editor without updating; what do you have to enter in the "Server" box of the "Xpress account manager"?
Thanks for helping!

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about...try "earlyaccess.javaground.com:44 3" (without the quotations) as the server, and the username and password they gave you as the username and password. This info was in the email they sent you (at least, it was for me).

Edit: Epic fail - when I delete the space between "44" and "3", it just comes back. There's no space.
  Anonymous wrote: Does this work on a Mac?

Yes, it does. There's a Windows version, a Mac version, and I'm pretty sure there's a Linux version.
  Legimancer wrote: just a tip:

on the four player map, the docks are bordered by only 2 bodies of water allowing a maximum of 3 aquatic units to exist there.

i Don't think the docks would be very useful in this regard

Lol, your avatar totally screwed up this thread .

I designed that map so that it was a race to the docks, and the players who got there first could spawn a couple of aquatic units to help their team. Titans would probably be way to powerful at this map (teleporting right to the docks).
User Generated Maps » How do you make custom maps? » Go to message
There's a thread in the "General Discussion" section of this forum explaining how to.
Woot, first thread in this section of the forum . Most of my maps probably won't work in competitive play...

Edit: Okay, all my maps have got too big to fit all in the post, so I moved it to this website:
http://sites.google.com/site/mew2468suniwarmaps/
Alternative (shorter) Link: tr.im/uniwarmaps

If you have comments about them, please copy the image (via copy image location) into your post so it's easier to describe.
General Discussion » Map Creator » Go to message
Here's my first attempt at making a level; any suggestions?

Edit: link to the forum post with my maps.
I think you need to alter the link to the level files (right now it's ...Uniwal-LevelEdition.zip). Thanks for the tutorial - I already requested my free trial!
  didude wrote: No photoshop, Xpressed Software Suite.

Cool, I'll check that out .
  didude wrote: I'm going to make a dollar sign map. It seems even and interesting. I'll post it when I'm done.

How are you designing them? Are you just arranging the tiles in Photoshop or something like that?
Forum Index Profile for Mew2468 »» Messages posted by Mew2468