[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Tvetan
Forum Index Profile for Tvetan »» Messages posted by Tvetan
Tournaments » Uniwar HD Tourney » Go to message
  samuraj wrote:
  Cpt Hawaiian wrote: nice posts. i am probably going to be dq'd because i haven't even started mine yet. sent invite, but no response.

bad
not good tournament organization
Think, your opponent should be removed and you will get technical winning

I see your guy's point; that rule was simply to encourage players to go asap. i understand the pro's and cons so here is my alternative.
-Players will continue to have one week to complete their match; however, if a player "stalls" a match simply take a screenshot of your game and send to me or skip the opponent when they fail to take a turn to gain victory like a normal match. I also Suggest to play both matches at the same time. In regards to players that fail to respond to Tournament Match Invite they have 24 hours to accept the invite; and also to send theirs. if a match invite is failed to be set then they LOSE that match. Since there was some mishaps this first round of the tournament was hectic we'll start the official week tonight at 12:00am 12/31/11. Games that have been completed and those still in progress will be marked down and remain in current progress. If you still dont like these standings please state your claims like you have in the forum box; i only have all your best intrest's in mind and cannot appease all. keep being the badass's you all are, and have a great New Years!!!
Sincerely, Jon Tvetan
  acebravo wrote: Acebravo vs BLANK.. Does this mean I get a bye thru round 1?

I'm so sorry Ace, there was a clerical error on my part. You all must understand i'm juggling school, 2 jobs, and my social life with this tournament. I give this as much time as I possibly can. I agree i could be much more active, but if we all pitched in we could see this community thrive. I love Uniwar; and i love all its user's and especially this tournaments contestants, but i am only one man. Please give me leniency, i will continue to give my best efforts for all of you; and i deeply apologize for my mishaps and negligence. Thank you for your participation and patience.
Sincerely , Jon Tvetan
Uniwar HD Line Up Tier 3
*; Color Blue Hosts's-remember to get proof of victory!

MAP for Tier III: Kwai River Bridge

Game1 R1 -> GodBlessU Vs. WolfCat Winner: WolfCat
Game1 R2 -> WolfCat Vs. GodBlessU Winner: WolfCat

Game2 R1 -> AlphaCentaur Vs. Cpt Hawaiian Winner:
Game2 R2 -> Cpt Hawaiian Vs. AlphaCentaur Winner:

Tier III Matchups Will Begin January 29th 11:59 PM
Welcome Uniwar Players to the First Round of the Uniwar HD Tournament!

IMPORTANT! - PLEASE STAY IN A GAME WITH LUDWIG FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT; THIS IS FOR ALLOWING PLAYERS TO HAVE EASY ACCESS TO REACHING ME IF ANYTHING NEEDS TO BE REPORTED. THANKYOU GUYS FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE OF THIS TOURNAMENT!

The First Map Will be Played on Starvation
Matches Must be set up to this Criteria
Time Per Turn: 12.00hrs
Minimum Score: None
Maximum Score: None
Rated: No
Fog of War: On
ALL RACES AVAILABLE

RULES

~Single Elimination- Knockout Bracket.
~2 Matches are played, One match will be played as RED and the other will be played as BLUE .
~Matches must be finished within a Week, if players fail to meet this deadline BOTH players will unfortuantely be disqualified.
~If matches result in a tie (each player won a game) the person who won in the shortest amount of rounds will be victor.
~Maps will be established per ladder of the bracket ie: Everyone in their first rounds will play the same map, then everyone will play another map for their seconed round, then so on and so forth.
~The final match up's map will be determined when the finalists are decided
~IMPORTANT - Players MUST BOTH send me a picture of the matches ending statistics so i can give accurate results and provide a stat play by play for the audience. Players will NOT move on unless proof of match results are provided. Email Pictures of Match Results to Tvetan@Hotmail. Com
~The Winner will be provided with a Uniwar T-Shirt and a $15.00 iTunes Card for the upcoming release of Uniwar HD, also the winner will be recorded on the Uniwar Website and recieve a Medal Stating that they are the 2011 Uniwar HD Champions
Tounrmanet date is days away; i need all particpants to send a Game invite to Ludwig so i can make sure that everyone is still in to play. i will also send the players a game invite; but only to those who havnt sent me a game invite. i will make the ladder on Christmas day and games will begin 3 days after that. i just want everyone to know that im so happy that you guys are supporting uniwar and that you're willing to participate in such a catyclysimc event.
sincerely, Jon Tvetan
Tournaments » Calling Uniwar HD Contestants » Go to message
  lantry wrote: Wait... I thought one of the prizes WAS Uniwar HD? Wouldn't that be kind of ruined if everyone had to buy the game anyway just to compete?

Technically no; the prize is a $5 iTunes gift card to purchase Uniwar HD. If you read the Post in the Uniwar HD Tournament thread you would of seen that if players want this route then I will be providing a $10 giftcard instead of just the $5. Also, Uniwar HD will be out before the Tournamnet starts regardless which version we choose. Squeeze put it excellently in my opinion when he said it would be a equal playing field. playing the HD version will allow a plethora of new additives to the tournament as well: allow me to highlight some positives. First; it would assure balanced games due to the fact I can construct the maps. Second; all contestants can give back to those who tried out unsuccessfully and those simply wanting to watch by allowing us to Take advantage of the new replay feature. Third; it would be a great way to immerse the community into the new Version and to support our hard working Devs. Our contestants can charge head first into the new system and soak up the glory of truly being the Uniwar HD champion. HOWEVER this would mean that all participants would need to purchase the new version: if that would be a problem please contact me so we can figure that out. (personally I don't know anyone of you who are not buying Uniwar HD, so i hope that it won be a problem :]) i encourage all of you who have questions and concerns to leave a post here. In my opinion I want to see you guys play on the HD version, but it defiantly is not my decision in the end.
Thankyou All, Jon Tvetan
Tournaments » Calling Uniwar HD Contestants » Go to message
Post your Comments and Concerns Here.
Dear Participants and Uniwarriors,
We've come to the point where a very cataclysmic event will finally have a date marked. As promised our Rosters have reached the 3/4ths mark and it is time to make my word good. But first I want to make some announcements; to begin I want you all to know that by the time our tournament is released Uniwar HD will be out, this means that our tournament can be on the new polished game. This would entail that our current future participants would have to commit by purchasing the new version. If this be the case I will change the prize money to $10 iTunes Gift Card instead of the original $5. $5 would pay off Uniwar HD and the other $5 would be yours to keep. What I'm about to say next is IMPORTANT! -I will not make the decision here, it is for the contestants to decide. In turn I will make a Poll for the Contestants. I need all of you guys who are participating to put in a vote. This tournament is for you guys and it's critical that you all give your opinion. The voting section will be in the Tournament Announcement section Under the Calling Uniwar HD Contestants thread. Please post your opinions regarding This possible change in the same thread as the poll, I would love to hear feedback and cannot stress how crucial it is to hear your guys opinions. Also note that if this were to happen I can assure better balanced maps and I can post each replay for the audience to see.

Now for the time All you Uniwarriors have been waitin for! Our Tournament will begin *December 27th* Match ups will be up *December 24th* and will be posted in a new thread. More information will be posted soon!
Yours Truly, Jon W Tvetan
Tournaments » TOP PLAYERS TOURNAMENT » Go to message
I agree with nfong on this one. Totally probable.
We're getting closer and closer to the 3/4ths mark, and a tournament date is right around the corner. Spots are closing up fast and many skilled players have made it through to the brackets. I cannot wait to see such potential go head to head in the coming up matches. I want to thank you Guys & Girls for bringing this together and I want you to know that this will be the first of many sponsored events to come. you guys make a big contribution by simply participating and being involved and I cannot stress how important it is to me how you guys are interested in making these events happen. Point other Uniwarriors that have some real talent this way and let's build this community together, brick by hexagonal brick.
Yours Truly, Jon W. Tvetan
I Dont Know How To Give You My Match Results, HELP
For those of you who are confused on giving me your match results for proof here is the easiest way (in my opinion)

-Take a Picture of the match with your device (for iOS user's thats as easy as pressing the Home Button on the front and the Sleep button on the top at the same time)
-Txt the Image to your email
-Email the image to Tvetan@hotmail.com with the match name as the Subject so i know what match corresponds to which
RULES

~Single Elimination- Knockout Bracket.
~2 Matches are played, One match will be played as RED and the other will be played as BLUE .
~Matches must be finished within a Week, if players fail to meet this deadline BOTH players will unfortuantely be disqualified.
~If matches result in a tie (each player won a game) the person who won in the shortest amount of rounds will be victor.
~Maps will be established per ladder of the bracket ie: Everyone in their first rounds will play the same map, then everyone will play another map for their seconed round, then so on and so forth.
~The final match up's map will be determined when the finalists are decided
~IMPORTANT - Players MUST BOTH send me a picture of the matches ending statistics so i can give accurate results and provide a stat play by play for the audience. Players will NOT move on unless proof of match results are provided. Email Pictures of Match Results to Tvetan@Hotmail.Com
~The Winner will be provided with a Uniwar T-Shirt and a $5.00 iTunes Card for the upcoming release of Uniwar HD, also the winner will be recorded on the Uniwar Website and recieve a Medal Stating that they are the 2011 Uniwar HD Champions

Matches Must be set up to this Criteria
Time Per Turn: 12.00hrs
Minimum Score: None
Maximum Score: None
Rated: No
Fog of War: On
ALL RACES AVAILABLE
Tournaments » UniWar API to organize tournaments » Go to message
Yes i belive that it would be very uselful to have this feature. That way we can have publicized events that all Uniwar players can be a part of and watch, this would be an excellent way for players not only to be entertained and remembered by, but also it would be a phenomenal way for players to use as a tool to get better and enhance their game. For example, i played Starcraft II very frequently, for the longest time i would lose to people for one simple reason, i simply couldnt build fast enough. But once i started watching my replays, and looking at other Pro players replays i began to notice how slowly i was moving, once i could track a certain point in time with the units/buildings i had it became a science.
ie; i should have X amount of units and X amount of Barracks at 4:00 minutes.
This would be a great addition to the Uniwar communtiy and to the Uniwar players, i belive that this will not only encourage more activity in the game, but will help us build a stronger group of players that would take that much more time to reinforce the strategies that they've taken time to perfect. Thank you once again Xavi and the Uniwar Team for bringing forth a revolutionary adition to an already revolutionary game. i look forward to the feature and its growth, if i could assist in any way, you know where to contact me.
Sincerely,
Jon Tvetan
  talone wrote: I would first like to see the tournament rules.

Please read the forum before mindlessly posting, as i've said before Xavi and I are still in collaboration, but i assure all of you, we will not play biased maps; that would take away from our point of a competion. Rules will be established in this thread, and should have enough depth to alleviate all questions, however we must come to that point. i appreciate you all for being so patient and i hope The Uniwar Team and I can give you Uniwarriors the experiance that you deserve.
Thankyou Sincerely,
Jon Tvetan
I want to say thankyou all who have sent my a tryout game. Not all have made it through, but all of you have showed me a great fight and potential; just because you didnt make the cut this Tourney does not mean that you won't make it to the next. I encourage all you guys to frequently check back on this thread and give a shout out to those who've made it. They've worked hard to get their spot, and will work even harder when our Tournament begins. keep the Tryouts coming guy's! If there's any questions invite Ludwig, also im starting a question thread, link will be posted here at a later date.
Thankyou Uniwarriors, Jon Tvetan
Forum Index Profile for Tvetan »» Messages posted by Tvetan