[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: EVR1022
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022
General Discussion » Prizes for the tournaments » Go to message
Yeah, I never got my t-shirt from the Feb championship either. Haven't filled out the form for April yet but will do so shortly.
New Feature Request » Stadium Mode » Go to message
Yeah, this would be lots of fun.
New Feature Request » Let's talk Infector » Go to message
I think +1 to radius of the plague ability, combined with a cool-down cycle of two turns, would be a fair modification. Allows plague to be used with the Infector less exposed, but prevents spamming it every turn.
New Feature Request » revenge mirror » Go to message
Love this idea. This might even be better than Pro ladder.
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016 » Go to message
@ Volf:

Tank is like Eclipse - only useful in the right setting. But Saps don't need a buff in my opinion. They have good counters to everything right now. Even Titans.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
I've been thinking a lot about what needs should be addressed with the new units. Here's what I came up for a new 'heavy infantry' class:

Winged Underling (Khraleans)
Cost = 200 credits
Type = Ground Light

Mobility = 10
Move after attack = 6
Range = 1
Defense = 6

Ground Light = 6
Ground Heavy = 3
Aerial = 4
Aquatic = 2

Note = THIS UNIT CANNOT BURY.

Comments = This unit would help diversify Khralean vs Khralean battles and help balance Khralean vs Sapien battles.

Iron Mecha (Titans)

Cost = 250 credits
Type = Aerial

Mobility = 9
Range = 1
Defense = 6

Ground Light = 7
Ground Heavy = 5
Aerial = 0
Aquatic = 6

Note = THIS UNIT CANNOT TELEPORT, BUT IT CAN CAPTURE BASES.

Comments = This unit would provide cover for Hydronauts and enable base captures from a distance of 2 hexes regardless of terrain.

Tankbuster Marine (Sapiens)

Cost = 250 credits
Type = Ground Light

Mobility = 9
Range = 2
Defense = 6

Ground Light = 6
Ground Heavy = 8
Aerial = 0
Aquatic = 4

Comments = This unit would help in combatting an entrenched Titan, and could damage lighter ground units without taking a counterattack.

Thoughts?
General Discussion » Etiquette on time outs and skipping turns in tournaments » Go to message
If you don't think he's playing for time, and he hasn't logged on at all, I would give him more time.
General Discussion » Uniwarriors Tournament Final: Needle vs EVR1022 » Go to message
EVR1022 vs Needle, Round Six

Added a second Swarmer to the mix, and tried to gain a little space.

Needle vs EVR1022, Round Six

Built my first Swarmer, while staying out of range of his Garuda army.
New Feature Request » Uniwar Unleashed! » Go to message
I think it would be very confusing to go back and forth between the different game modes so ... my vote is a 'no'. Sorry!

I mean, it could be fun, but getting the rules of normal Uniwar memorized is a pretty big task in and of itself.
General Discussion » Uniwarriors Tournament Final: Needle vs EVR1022 » Go to message
EVR1022 vs Needle, Round Five

... And I'm too tired to figure out unit and credit count at that point. Sorry!!

Added my first Swarmer to the mix.

Needle vs EVR1022, Round Five

Built a fourth Garuda.
EVR1022 vs Needle, Round Four

Blue units: Garuda x2
Blue credits: 350c

Red units: Garuda x2, Swarmer
Red credits next turn: 250c

Needle took an aggressive stance here, and the dice didn't favor trying to punish that stance, therefore I stayed out of range of his Swarmer and built another Garuda.

Needle vs EVR1022, Round Four

Blue units: Garuda x3
Blue credits next turn: 250c

Red units: Garuda x2
Red credits: 500c

After saving 250c from last turn I had the option to build another Garuda or two Swarmers. Given the aggressive stance taken by Needle I opted for the stronger front line provided by the Garuda. A Swarmer would need to be hidden, which would've made my position very passive.
EVR1022 vs Needle, Round Three
Blue units: Garuda
Blue credits: 450c

Red credits next turn: 250c

I built a second Garuda and started acquiring some space.

Needle vs EVR1022, Round Three
Blue units: Garuda x2
Blue credits next turn: 350c

Red credits: 250c

I repositioned my units and saved some credits. This gives me the option of either building a Garuda or two Swarmers next turn.
@Duaneski: If we did it after I would forget why I did anything, lol.
EVR1022 vs Needle, Round Two
Blue units: none
Blue credits: 550c

Red units: Garuda
Red credits next round: 350c

Look familiar? Same opening as Needle. Built a Garuda on the lower forward base. Not ready to break the symmetry quite yet

Needle vs EVR1022, Round Two
Blue units: Garuda
Blue credits next round: 450c

Red units: Garuda
Red credits: 350c

I advanced my Garuda as far as I thought it safe, and built another. Note: next turn I will not be able to build a Garuda. It will be a choice between a Swarmer or saving my credits.
Preparation:

I found four high level replays of Khralean vs Khralean battles on this map from previous rounds of the Uniwarriors tournament:

Round 4 - Fobos_rus vs Simsverd
Round 4 - Needle vs Willingham
Round 7 - uniKZ vs Red Five
Round 7 - Needle vs SnakeHK

I also played four practice games with my training partners, Willingham and GOUT.

EVR1022 vs Needle

The starting credits on this map are 300, which gives Blue a difficult choice: start with a Swarmer, while knowing that Red will be able to build a Garuda on his first two turns, or build nothing and save. Fobos and Needle (in round 4) built Swarmers in round one. However, in round 7 Needle opted to save his credits for a second round Garuda. uniKZ did likewise. After some testing, I also concluded that this was the best option for Blue.

Needle vs EVR1022

An interesting note: Red cannot use undo here to discover how Blue played his first turn. He simply doesn't have enough vision. So I had to wait until round two to find out how Needle opened. But regardless of his opening I was planning to build a Garuda.
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022