[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Shadowntr
Forum Index Profile for Shadowntr »» Messages posted by Shadowntr
General Discussion » Report card for earth. » Go to message
Hello Earth. Here is the report card you requested for your successfull test in chat.
General Discussion » Moose out of water. » Go to message
Miamimoose, here is a little gift from the global Uniwar chat based off the earlier conversation with simsverd.
New Feature Request » New Emoticon Submitions » Go to message
  xavi wrote:We will add a few more emoticons. Please send link to images to ensure that we understand correctly which emoticons you wish.

Here are a few possible pictures for what different emoticons could be. If you don't like them, by all means pick different ones.

Facepalm emoji:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=facepalm+emoji&view=detailv2&&id=21A36FA42429AA6480BDA88FCD2D9CAC2ED87476&selectedIndex=0&ccid=JPSzxWzG&simid=608038533768545132&thid=OIP.M24f4b3c56cc67795a1ae990ec46a3b12H0

Cake emojk:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=birthday+cake+emoji&view=detailv2&&id=AE6C82B86338174151AC0CDCBE2D580A7FE42FF2&selectedIndex=3&ccid=FMCzrsE%2b&simid=608020413306111208&thid=OIP.M14c0b3aec13ebb8b06d93d2f17f213e1o0

Or possibly this cake emoticon:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=birthday+cake+emoji&view=detailv2&&id=A9996D1742AE4B078038F1C2BCF62238620FBDEF&selectedIndex=0&ccid=azBltYU6&simid=608030081277759442&thid=OIP.M6b3065b5853a707e15c427ef1bb7daedH0

A XD emoticon:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=xd+emoticon&view=detailv2&&id=B83C15A36319A1CDDBCFFF905C7F8C6C3F1D03DE&selectedIndex=10&ccid=1Mjt7RvL&simid=608013296543400331&thid=OIP.Md4c8eded1bcb47d16d9c5e64079146d5o0

A emoticon: ( I was unable to obtain single picture of it, however the one symbol I am refering in this multipicture is one down and one over from the top left hand corner)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=%3a%7c+emoji&view=detailv2&&id=8484F4AD94D428A786039C4D1715734BC31112D7&selectedIndex=48&ccid=UaV1U5aq&simid=608002954263989649&thid=OIP.M51a5755396aaf7f3f699ba5fb975dd33o0

The emoticons above the the ones I would most prefer to have added. However, some others have been requested below as well:

This pirate emoticon perhaps?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pirate+emoticons&view=detailv2&&id=B11EC9A751D324832B95F9C4F629D62FD1CBBD20&selectedIndex=10&ccid=3gAyWjvR&simid=608006574924497750&thid=OIP.Mde00325a3bd1717ea0b7001e05ca422fo0

Ninja emoticon:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ninja+emoticon&view=detailv2&&id=C11949520C9D090510720BEA22F24761DBE27504&selectedIndex=21&ccid=MyiVBFGm&simid=608051122315725924&thid=OIP.M3328950451a67fd6c4afb673f7ff5b33o0

Devil emoticon:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=devil+emoticon&view=detailv2&&id=D08DD59C5832AFB6F8EED36812B86E8204439290&selectedIndex=21&ccid=NOEwwNj8&simid=608032817173301949&thid=OIP.M34e130c0d8fc74aff8e065d57bcd1c40o0

Angel emoticon:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=angel+emoticon&vie
I just remembered another emoticon thwt would be awesome to have, the facepalm emoticon.
Hello Xavi,

You mentioned in chat the possibility of new emoticons if we post submissions to the forums.

Here are a few possible new emoticons the community has come up with. If you want I have some ideas for the pictures of these proposed emoticons. Suggustions #2 and #3 Stem from an old debate we have in chat about whether pirates or ninja's are better.

1. A cake icon is perhaps the most favored new emoticon. We already have a christmas tree and a santa, so why not a cake?

2. A pirate icon (not sure how this would be done, if the emoticon would just be the head of a pirate or a whole picture.) - Because pirates are awesome!

3. A ninja emoticon - For the people who hate pirates.

4. A picture of a man riding a little horse (For miamimoose)

5. A emoticon for the XD symbol.

6. An emoticon for the symbol.

Thank you for your time. Even if you only implement a few of these suggustions, It would be awesome!
What's New in the Latest Updates » Proposal for a new icon - We want YOUR feedback » Go to message
You are welcome. Glad to help.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Proposal for a new icon - We want YOUR feedback » Go to message
The photograph of the man certainly has more of a military/warlike look to it than the female picture. Much closer to what my opinion of an Uniwar icon should be than the female photo. However, it is still lacking in some regards.

1. Although the armor design looks very cool, the armor coloring is pretty plain. I can search my appstore right now for science fiction games and come up with in surplus of 8 games that have cool looking high tech soldiers on the icon that look alot more interesting. Maybe adding some color highlights to the armor? Especially on the helmet.

2. Like I said immediately above, It does look alot more "uniwarriorish" than the female picture, however It is easy to find many similar and better pictures of high tech soldiers icons on the appstore on apps that are useless compared to Uniwar. The game icon needs something to set it apart. Specifically, the unique units uniwar possess. (Kralhans and titans). Perhaps using on of them, or a combination of them together would work well.

3. The female picture is not a waste though. If she was a unit in the game, I would consider blending her in with a combination of krahlan and/or titan units for an icon to perhaps maybe being a good idea.. That would get the best of both worlds.

In any case, I am just one opinion giving his honest beliefs on the subject. So feel free to ignore me if you do not like my advice.
On a seperate note though, it is a pretty cool picture.
Nice job Xavi.
To be completely honest (And I realize I am far from the most qualified to make a judgement), I do not think this sapien female picture adequately embodies Uniwar.

While it certainly would add "sex appeal" to the game's front cover and thus advertise uniwar to more players, I do not believe that is what an icon for uniwar should represent. Uniwar is a strategy based game with Science fiction oriented units and gameplay. A game icon should try to encapsulate the ideal futuristic soldiers, not nessisarily something perhaps aimed to bring in more players. Quality over quantity.

Perhaps some movie like poster type picture with a sapien fighter in the forefront being flanked by a titan unit and a krahlan? IDK
I am no expert. But what I do know is this, I do not think this is the ideal icon for Uniwar.

New Feature Request » FFA in-match teams. » Go to message
I did not really think that far ahead waxoid. That would definitely be a much better part of any FFA upgrades than what I offered.
New Feature Request » FFA in-match teams. » Go to message
Hello Xavi,

I have a suggestion concerning FFA games. Now, I know that this is no where near the top of your list of things to wok on for uniwar, but if you ever do implement it, or something similar, that would be awesome.

My idea is this:

Currently when players in Uniwar FFA matches make in game alliances the allianced players have to be careful that their Zone of Control does not interfere with their allies's movement. This can be quite annoying when coordinating a combined strike force. It would be very cool if an option existed that allowed a player (let us call him "Bob") to make indevidual "alliances" with other players enabling those other players to ignore Bob's zone of controle as long as Bob has those other players marked as allies in Bob's list of allies. And vice versa for the other player's zone of controle for Bob.

Now, it would not have to be a requirement, but these "alliances" between players would not nessisarily make each player immune from their ally's attacks, but just from their zone of controle. This would preserve the ability of FFA players to turn traitor on their ally's, maintaining the current danger of forming an alliance in FFAs.

Thanks for your time,
Shadowntr.

New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
In my opinion, I believe 1.2, 2.2, 3.2, and 4.1 are the best versions of the different units shown.
However, if I had to chose just 3 of these I would choose:

1.2 (Because it might be the only amphibious unit eventually in uniwar, allowing for some interesting situations).

2.2 (Because the idea of a krahlan meele only navel unit, with possible ship killer focused intentions would be awesome).

4.1 (Because Krahlans need another land unit badly. Especially another heavy land).
Bug Reports » Chat bugs in Uniwar Amazon version 1.7.7 » Go to message
Thank your for taking time to deal with these bugs.
Bug Reports » Chat bugs in Uniwar Amazon version 1.7.7 » Go to message
Hello Xavi,
After the recent update to Uniwar the in game match chat changed to mimic Uniwar global chat. While this change is very cool (Especially the emoticons) I have noticed a few bugs in verion (1.7.7) of uniwar for amazon.
(Note: In order to avoid confusion, I will refer to The community Global chat as "Global" and non-teamchat regular game match chat as "Regular Chat")

1. If a player opens the teamchat box in a FFA team match, closes the teamchat box to view the game map, then reopens the chat box the chat box will default to showing the "Regular Chat" instead of the teamchat for that game. While this is not a critical bug it is a slightly annoying one, especially when a player wishes to repeatedly refer to the game map and then type in teamchat and has to change over to teamchat each and every time.

2. The second issue I have found is not necessarily a bug, but more of a strong preference, is about how text in "Regular Chat" is displayed.
Before the latest uniwar update, it was possible to create new posts in chat by sending your old message, then starting a new message. This allowed the easy delineation of paragraphs and subjects throughout ingame chat.
After the latest update, the system changed to following the same basic outline as "Global" chat, forcing all of a person's words into one post. While this is an effective antispamming mechanism, it is extremely annoying in "Regular Chat". It would be preferable if you were to revert "Regular Chat" back to the old method of creating a new post with every new message instead of bunching all the messages into one big post.

In any case,
Thank you for your time,
Shadowntr
Forum Index Profile for Shadowntr »» Messages posted by Shadowntr