[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: EnnuiGoblin
Forum Index Profile for EnnuiGoblin »» Messages posted by EnnuiGoblin
General Discussion » 3 Minute Speed FFA Tournament Livestream Event ~~UPDATE~~ » Go to message
Hey there folks!

So it looks like there's a good bit of interest in this event, so I'll be moving things forward.

Here's what I'm thinking, because Uniwar players come from so many different time zones, the preliminary rounds will be organized into 2-6 separate open-invitation 8 player FFA ELIMINATION rounds (number of rounds will depend on how many player sign up to compete). Winners from these rounds will automatically advance to the LIVE GRAND FINAL!

Runner ups to each each elimination round will go on to play in the SEMI-FINAL round. The winner of that round will go on to play in the last open spot of the LIVE GRAND FINAL!

The player designations for the elimination rounds will be organized into timezones, then the tourneys will be run during evening hours for each game's timezone. So far I'm thinking we organize into Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5:00) for North American players and Western European Time (UTC-0:00) for European players. Let me know if you guys think we should add another timezone for other players to join. So if you wish to sign up, please reply to this thread with your username and which of these two timezones you fall under and what days of the week are best for you to play live. Remember, we are looking for players who are willing to play until they are eliminated or the game has ended, PLEASE NO EARLY QUITTING! Leaving an FFA match prematurely causes major imbalances for the remaining players, so we please ask that competitors be willing to stick it out to the end.

No official confirmations on guest announcers, but a few names have come up, so more updates on that front as things develop.

Tournament start date has not yet been decided, but looking to do this next month during the holidays. The games will probably be run during the weekend, but I'm open to suggestions if others would like a weekday as well.

Finally, did I mention that this tournament will have PRIZES PRIZES PRIZES!?

1st Place - $25
2nd Place - $10
3rd Place - $5

PLUS each game I will hold a raffle for FREE UNICOINS for anyone watching the games in the twitch stream!
General Discussion » 3 Minute Speed FFA Tournament Livestream Event » Go to message
Hey everybody! I'm back once again and hard at work making Uniwar videos for y'all. Currently wrapping up coverage of July Championship 2016, so look for that in the near future.

As I mentioned in the chat before, I've been experimenting with livestreaming my game sessions, and I've been looking for some ways to make interesting live Uniwar events that would be fun to broadcast. I was thinking we have a speed FFA Tournament. I (and possibly a guest announcer) will talk about the strategies and tactics as they unfold live on twitch and YouTube.

I want to see how many people are interested in this project before laying out all the details. Please keep in mind i will be looking for players who are committed to playing through the entire event! Quitting early will ruin the game, so please be willing to stick it out to the end. Let me know what you guys think!
General Discussion » UniWar is missing out on YouTube content » Go to message
  ounos wrote:I only found one (very determined) UniWar player who created several commentary videos on UniWar replays.
His channel is "EnnuiGoblin Games", https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCubnCaN3e93M8xL4QxGNkpg

In one of his videos, he explained just how hard it is to make these.

It seems this is caused by a decision of UniWar dev team, to ration/lock down replays, e.g. "only 2 archived games unless you pay", and maybe other restrictions (if someone posts a link, outside the app, how easy is it to watch the replay? Not sure about this. It would be neat if the URL would trigger the app).

Anyway, bottom line: I think replays/commentary is an important aspect of any video game. UniWar's choice to clamp this aspect down is likely counter-productive, limiting the size of the community. The more UniWar video content, the better for UniWar.

Thoughts?
Regards

Hey ounos, glad you enjoy the channel! The video you're talking about is probably one of the older ones. Back in mid 2015 the replay system didn't exist yet and the only way to get replays was to have players use screen recorder software and email their videos to me. Naturally, this wasn't an ideal system. After, the first replay mechanic was updated later that year, myself and others worked with Xavi for improvements to later updates. The replay system now leaves youtubers like Legia and I with more than enough replays to cover (especially since all of the tournaments are public). I think the 2 standard replays is pretty fair as it is.

The more interesting question is playing uniwar on livestream with youtube and twitch. I've been experimenting more with livecasting lately, and I've been trying to think of ways to make uniwar more compelling to watch live. I was thinking about organizing crazy events like a 3 minute ffa tournament or something. Something fastpaced and unusual to get players interested in watching.

Also, def check out Legia's channel, his videos are great!
General Discussion » Voice Chat? » Go to message
A Teamspeak game with voice chat might make a really fun video
General Discussion » Looking for players to assist in making tutorial videos » Go to message
Hello again everyone. So I'm currently in the process of making a tutorial video series to add to my YouTube channel "EnnuiGoblin Games". To accomplish this, I'm asking for high level players (2300+) to lend a hand.

Players that agree to help out will recieve a game invite from me where we will set up a specific scenario and have a discussion about the best strategies to work through that scenario. Then I will record the replay and add commentary based off our conversation.

Please keep in mind these games will NOT be playing like a normal match. I recommended that you use your alt accounts for these tutorials so that your main account game slots do not get clogged up. All volunteers will be mentioned and credited in the videos for their efforts.
General Discussion » New Youtube Channel for Uniwar Replay Commentary! » Go to message
Mistercreepy, you have to select the option lines next to your completed games.

Here's a picture: http://imgur.com/ENtNuks
General Discussion » New Youtube Channel for Uniwar Replay Commentary! » Go to message
Sims, either one of those formats should be fine. Obviously the higher resolution will look nicer, but both formats should run fine for the channel.
Hey everyone, now that all Uniwarriors have the ability to watch their replays, I wanted to take this opportunity to create a youtube channel where players could showcase their best replays and have me provide game commentary as the game progresses.

After running some test videos and playing around with editing programs, I launched the channel this week and am currently placing an open call for replay submissions from all players.

The channel is called "EnnuiGoblin Games" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCubnCaN3e93M8xL4QxGNkpg

As you know, replays cannot yet be sent in game from player to player, so until that changes, the only way for me to get access to other replays is for players to use a screen recording app, record a video of their replay, then send that replay to me via email/Dropbox.

Recording Guidelines for Replay Submissions
Youtube can be finicky when it comes to game video format, so please try to follow these guidelines when recording your games or I may not be able to use your submission.

- RECORD ALL REPLAYS IN LANDSCAPE VIEW! Videos in portrait view result in terrible vertical videos.
- Please mute audio in recordings
- Toggle fog of war OFF!
- Record replays at 1x speed, I talk pretty fast with my casting, but 2x or 3x speed is just too quick to keep up with.
- Try to hit the info/war report tab every couple of rounds. This is optional, but it really helps me to provide the best replay cast possible.

If you have any questions, comments, or videos for me you can email them all to EnnuiGoblinUniwar@Gmail.com

Here are a few of the better apps for recording your games.

ALL PLATFORMS
- Shou.tv (probably the easiest way to up and record) https://shou.tv

ANDROID
- Screen Recorder https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.screenrecorder
- Game Recorder+ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.game.gamecast.global
- Smartpixel https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aipai.smartpixel

Ios
- Display Recorder http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/2014/02/28/display-recorder-video-record-your-iphone-or-ipad-screen/
- Reflector (mirrors iPhone to Mac where you record with quicktime) http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/
New Feature Request » Suggested Replay Improvements » Go to message
Hello everyone,
As we all know, replays have at long last arrived (at least for android players this is news) and it is fantastic! After spending considerable time with the replays and going through all of the features, I have come up with some ideas for improvements that could take the replays from good to perfect.

First the obvious stuff

- Transferable Replays: This is the key improvement that is needed right now. The ability to share select replays with other players is a sorely needed component. From watching tourney matches to just learning how to play better from others, the opportunities are limitless.

-Move by Move Control: Even at the lowest speed, the replays move pretty quickly and it can be easy to lose track of the action. By allowing the viewer the option to move forward the game one action point at a time, it will be much easier to pick up on the tactical nuances found in each move.

-Unit/Tile Selection: If it were possible to select units and tiles and observe movement and damage possibilities for each unit on the board, it will make it much easier to analyze alternate strategies that could have been used.

Those are the big three that are definitely needed to perfect the current replay experience. Here are a few of my other ideas.

-Player Fog of War POV Toggle: The ability to switch between your fog of war view and the enemy's, wold be essential for maps where visibility is important.

-Credits Per Turn Display: Just add this statistic to the war report for simplicity.

-Map Auto Center On/Off Toggle: The map centers around moving units automatically, while this can be helpful, it also can be really annoying.

Those are my thoughts for now, would love to hear ideas from others.
Forum Index Profile for EnnuiGoblin »» Messages posted by EnnuiGoblin