[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: WormDog
Forum Index Profile for WormDog »» Messages posted by WormDog
Frequently Asked Questions » Round of 512? » Go to message
That's helpful thanks.

I would suggest though the language be improved. Perhaps then something like 'to round with 512'
Frequently Asked Questions » Round of 512? » Go to message
What exactly does 'Round of 512' (for example) supposed to mean?
When you look at your tournaments in your profile it shows all the tournaments you have joined.
Next to each tournament it says the cryptic 'Round of XX'. For example 'Round of 512'.
512 I am guessing is, what, the number of players in the tournament?
What I was expecting this to indicate is how many rounds in you got into the tournament and maybe how many participants there were.
Something like 'Round 3 of 10. 512 participants'. Though really all that is interesting would be 'Round 3 of 10'.
New Feature Request » Auto skip player in team games » Go to message
  TheDragon wrote:So we had a brief chat about this in english chat room.

I'm assuming this was a 'pick up' game not with set teams. I know for a fact that the second any team member surrenders on official team games that whole team looses. Why we have a disparity now with pickup team games I don't know.

But that being said. IF they have no units or bases there should have been a admin message in global chat stating [NAME] has been eliminated and their turns should auto skip after that (both official and pickup)

I am playing a game now as WormDog, QuadRandom-359.
History: one of our team mates DOES have 3 bases and one harbor base. They are all CAPPED. The player has lost interest in the game so all the other 7 players have to wait 24 hours for the time to run out.
When it comes to his turn, there is nothing he can do because he has no units and no ability to spawn anything anyway.
Rule: if in multi-player and a player has all his bases capped and no units, the game should skip him. It's really that simple. The game really does force a wait right now unnecessarily.
Thanks,
Doug
  TheDragon wrote:this is (usually) their last turn before they are eliminated from the game. massive team communication could be going on to find a way to free up one of their capped bases (they still own it until the beginning of the cappers turn) If you successfully cap all bases then they will be out and game will automatically go to next player.

Well as you know, automatic elimination functions fine. The game cannot eliminate him because one of his other team mates could in theory uncap his base. This is not the situation. I am currently playing a multiplayer 4 team game where one of my team mates has no moves because all his units are dead and bases capped. When it comes to his turn he cannot do anything. The player is not playing his turn but allowing it each time to drain down on it's own. I think he just lost interest. We are on our 3rd turn like this. He is way too far away for us to do anything about it. But really, the game should automatically skip him. It really is not doing this right now. This is nothing programming wise difficult about this and it makes perfect sense. Why should the game be delayed in this situation? There is no reason for it.
In a team game if it is a player's turn yet they have no units and all their bases are capped , the game should automatically skip them.
New Feature Request » Data transfer efficiencies » Go to message
I was in an area where I had low data coverage.

This is what I did:
1. Loaded a game.
2. Because of my low data coverage I got the expected slow delay as the game details were downloaded. This was fine and expected. It was my turn in a 1 vs 1.
3. I went back out into the Main Lobby.
4. I repeated the operation.
5. It again was just as slow, even though it just had downloaded all the data.

Did it again download the game data? There should have been no delay as the game data had already been downloaded.

And while you are at it the UNDO operation should be immediate and not require a fresh data download.

-Doug
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.95 submitted in BETA to Google Play » Go to message
How about instead a more subtle highlight?
Thanks
New Feature Request » Accidental moving of pieces while scrolling around. » Go to message
Thanks i didn't know that. Very helpful.
New Feature Request » Accidental moving of pieces while scrolling around. » Go to message
I have been playing UniWar for a long time.

The most annoying problem with it, is I can accidentally move a piece as I scroll around on the map.

In close games this can basically cause me to lose it. Not because of bad play on my part, but because when I was moving the map around, I accidentally touched a unit without realizing it.

I just did it with a game I was playing, moving a Copter within range of a couple of Walkers. Death. By the time I realized the mistake I had already "touched" another area of the map and so the option to undo was lost.

I have no idea how to resolve this. I understand that moving a unit lets you see past FOG of war. So limiting the undo action does seem reasonable. However, it really does seem wrong to suffer a disadvantage because of a bad touch rather than bad play.

Does anybody agree with me? Can anybody think of any way to help prevent this?

--Doug
Bug Reports » Registering in a team tournament needs better error dialogs » Go to message
When I tried to register in a team tournament it produced the error: "Invalid content received. Please check your connection."
My connection was fine. I suspect the actual problem was that I did not belong to any team. The dialog should at least say this.
Forum Index Profile for WormDog »» Messages posted by WormDog