[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Needle
Forum Index Profile for Needle »» Messages posted by Needle
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes applied on 2015-11-25 » Go to message
Keep in mind that 1 air attack for underlings also means a max 10 air attack with terrain, gang up and unburrow bonus. An underling could damage ca 7 hp to swarmers.
I would agree with restoring defense for swarmers and keeping their -1 GH attack since swarmers are 250 units and therefore should be weak vs GH. +1 GL attack would also fine, it's their nature to be strong against GL.

We should consider taking back the +1 GH attack (i. e. 8 GH attack) for garudas since it makes garudas too strong vs marauders. Even a heli has only 7 GH attack.

With these changes I think we have a pretty balanced S vs K match up.
I also think that swarmers are too weak now. Their defense should be restored to 5 since defense has effect on every constellation, esp. on swarmer against marines where currently swarmers get -4 which is really bad for K vs S.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
Ignore my 1 air attack proposal
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
@Kyle: Great job on moderating this discussion!

1. First I think all unit change proposals are more or less fine to me. Even if the high number of controversial replies might not form a clear picture, just be brave, take the risk and do the change. If later one or more

modifications turns out to be bad, well, then take it/them back.

2. I support all 3 proposed upgrades of the battery. Currently it is a weak unit and does not justify 650 credits. I even think, in most situations it is not more useful than a khralean wyrm. The lack of move before attack

decreases its attack radius (by attack radius I mean attack range + mobility). A heavy upgrade is needed. Attack range 2-4 sounds good, quite natural if compared to a wyrm 1-3 and walker 3-5. Move after attack 7 is ok, allows him

to really run away. But it must be clear that those upgrades will not change the fact that it still cannot move before attack thus having only an attack radius of 4. The battery will be stronger but still has another character

than a wyrm or walker, both having an attack radius of 5.

3. We should have a characterization of the 3 races when designing/changing their units, e. g.: A Khraleans is a primitive race with weak units like the underling that are cheap and fast. The idea is to overrun the opponents

bysheer number and speed. Titans is a highly developed race, it's units like walker are strong. They are expensive, but a small army is sufficient. And Sapiens is a race not in between, but instead with units demanding a high

level of micromanagement (like the marauder). It's real strength unfolds when the units are orchestrated properly. When the characterization is fixed, any unit upgrade should comply to it. There are many suggestions that make

sense in a local view but we should consider the whole picture.

4. For me the worst race imbalance is the S vs K. Except in some special maps, S rules K straightforwardly. Therefore I would like to see an upgrade for K in this regard, e. g. 1 air attack for underlings to help garudas fight

helis with gang up (and also help them fight swarmers in K vs K).
Forum Index Profile for Needle »» Messages posted by Needle