[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Aristotle
Forum Index Profile for Aristotle »» Messages posted by Aristotle
New Feature Request » Play with oneself online » Go to message
For both new and experienced players, we need to practice in different maps with different race combinations. It's a good way to improve our skills. And we can try new strategy which we are unwilling to do in ranked games or championship, so that more strategy will appear. Finally we can also using this simulation to prepare for the important games. Some of us can do these with good friends, but others can't and friends are not always free.

Now we can play with ourselves offline in 32 maps. But we cannot use undo in the offline game, we cannot choose more maps, we cannot have several games simultaneously, we cannot watch replays. So why not add a button for 'play with myself' in 'setup custom game'? These games are neither ranked nor unranked, and take a vacancy in current games. I think it's easy for developers, and it can encourage players to play better.

Thanks for reading.
General Discussion » Why i hope to remove randomness » Go to message
I just had a match in Championship May 2016, a mirror game which is considered as fair play. The map is black diamond, both are sapiens. In the two games, we just made the completely same steps during the first 4 rounds. But in the 5 round, my opponent kill my marauder on his base and prevent me from capturing, while I cannot do that because of the random factor. The result is I lost a base in one game and lost the game soon. Although, I finally won the other game, he won more quickly.

I know I was not careful enough to prevent these things happen, and i must have many mistakes during the match. I know if I were more experienced or more skillful, i would win. But don't you think the random factor has already hurt the fair play? It's true that luck matters in the real world. But I come here for certainty, to find a way to win by strategy, no pay, no grind, no luck.
New Feature Request » Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy » Go to message
  amidama wrote:Read the topic again... thr whole idea is to change the undo vs underling behavior. Any sort of action will be used with undo again! You cant stop players from getting new information by undo, if they can do it - they will.

Thats why any active scanning will not make situation any better.

if underling will be invisible then it will need some changes in stats.
But for now its good enough to make it simply visible

You got the point.Maybe we should make it visible but with higher mobility.
New Feature Request » New map system » Go to message
  drumstep wrote:The data necessary for this actually already exists according to Xavi, as when you vote on a map it asks about the specific race combination played. He has also said that that dividing the maps so that only certain race combos can be played ranked will come, although we don't have an estimate as to when.

Glad to hear the news. I hope the new system may online soon.
New Feature Request » New map system » Go to message
Problem:
There are 9 combat combinations(svs, kvk, tvt, svk, kvs, svt, tvs, kvt, tvk) , which means a good map need to consider the balance of all. Actually, it’s too hard. If a map is unbalanced for just one or two combinations, people played with other combinations think it’s balanced and feedback good. As balanced combinations are much more, the map will become ranked soon and annoy people played with unbalanced combinations.

Suggestion:
Count the feedbacks of 9 combinations dividedly to see whether every combination is balanced. If a map is balanced for 5 combinations according to players feedback, make sure that it can only be used for the ranked games with these 5 combinations. It’ll prevent more feedbacks from other combinations, so do it after a proper number of games.
We have too many ranked maps, we need more quality not quantity. I hope it will help.

Thanks for reading.
General Discussion » Why i hope to remove randomness » Go to message
1. Randomness means luck will affect the outcome in this strategy game which we expect to be a fair pvp environment. For instance, sometimes marauder can kill a marine on base, but sometimes cannot. Such things happen at the beginning will influence the whole match. How can i get glory if i’m not sure luck or skill bring me victory. Only after many games played, can rank tell you your wins based on skill. But how about in every single game, especially in tournaments? Mirror is great but not enough.

2. Randomness forces players to undo endlessly in order to find the best attack sequence. Some people like this, more people get used to this. But the procession is meaningless and tedious when you’ve got many units. We plan which unit to attack which and how to use gang up. That’s enough. It’s unreasonable who can endure the tedious procession and undo the most win the match.

Thanks for reading.
Forum Index Profile for Aristotle »» Messages posted by Aristotle