[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: OmegaD
Forum Index Profile for OmegaD »» Messages posted by OmegaD
New Feature Request » UniWar-themed Flags » Go to message
Can we get some UniWar-themed flags?

I'm thinking a scary pinzer, a swarm of underlings, a chopper, etc.
New Feature Request » Team Game Credit Donations » Go to message
I think it would be cool and interesting if teammates could somehow donate credits to one another in team games.

It would probably work best if this was limited somehow (to prevent abuse).

One example of how this could work: Any player occupying a city at the start of their turn can donate the credits earned from that city to their teammate if they remain on the city for the duration of their turn. (Think "commerce" or "marketplace.")
New Feature Request » Auto-balancing and Randomizing for Fairer Games » Go to message
Seems to me the problem is with map design. Randomizing would not fix the imbalance. A better solution is to down vote imbalanced maps so they do not become rated.
New Feature Request » More veterancy please » Go to message
  Little Omar wrote:Veterancy will remain irrelevant until the cost-benefit balance tips in its favor, either by reducing the cost (easier to gain) or by increasing its benefit (giving it more oomph)

I agree with everything Omar said. Great ideas.
New Feature Request » New veterancy system » Go to message
I would like to see the veterancy system upgraded. More ranks, less xp to level. It would add a whole new fun factor to the game.
So *ahem* anyways, back to the original topic: how about some more veterancy ranks?
New Feature Request » Changing unit pricing structure » Go to message
  copeab wrote: dropping the mantisse to 225 and raising the salamander to 225 would better balance the three amphibians

I agree.
New Feature Request » Replace "skip" with "force move" » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:Bot taking the turn sounds good to me

And hey for some people that'll actually make them a better player!

You know, that was actually my first idea too, but I didn't think people would go for it so I proposed this instead.

Maybe a combination of the two? Bot moves units that have yet to be moved?
New Feature Request » Replace "skip" with "force move" » Go to message
The problem with the "skip" feature is that sometimes the overdue player is in the process of moving when they get skipped, or has already been looking at the game (and wanted to come back to it later when they had more time but ran out of time).

What if instead of "skip" the feature was "force move"; instead of leaving the player with no move at all it would end the player's turn with their pieces in the current (tentative) orientation. That way a player could set their pieces up quickly if they were crunched for time, and then could plan on coming back to it later (using the undo feature) without running the risk of a zero-progress turn if they don't make it back in time. That way a player that was in the process of moving would at least have some (if not all) of their pieces in a good location.
  Duaneski wrote: you have to mind control her with your tentacle.

Agreed.
New Feature Request » Cities and their effects. » Go to message
Personally I like the cities the way they are. You have to weigh the extra income against the damage that will inevitably be sustained by going for that income.
New Feature Request » Blaster balance? » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:Depends on the map

Very well. I came, I spoke, I lost. I ask only that we remember the plasmas going forward. If you begin to notice that they are less than useful now that the blaster units are out, sound the alarm. Demand justice and equity for the blaster kind. Don't let them slip quietly into the night. Remember their former glory and demand no less from them in the days that lie ahead. Out.
  Duaneski wrote:Having at last played with the units myself, i think they're very finely balanced

But again, my concern is not so much with the utility and balance of the new units; it's with the resulting obsolescence of the plasma. In the games you played, did anyone dare bring out that 500-credit target? I am guessing no, but even if someone did, was it able to stand in front as it used to, or did it spend the whole time running away from blaster units / dying a quick death? (I'm betting it was the latter.)
One of my favorite things about the old Army Men game for PC was leveling my units. To be honest, veterancy was one of the things that initially caught my attention and sold me on this game too. However, I soon discovered, much to my dismay, that you can only level your units twice in Uniwar, it is hard to do, and it is seldom worth the effort.

I would like to see that change. I would like to see additional levels of veterancy added. I would also like to see veterancy be slightly easier to attain. I think that would add an additional fun factor to the game as players try to level their units, protect their MVP grunts, and weigh the costs and benefits of choosing experience over numbers.
The concern isn't so much about how good/vulnerable the blaster units are, it's about whether the plasma is now obsolete because of them. Yes, blaster units are hard to use against marauders and swarmers, but the point is, people are building speeders and marauders instead of tanks and plasmas. Case in point: how often do you see a plasma built anymore? Since the blaster units released it's pretty much a light/air game now, because the plasma has been made obsolete by them. I think the solution is simple: nerf the armor piercing slightly. Or better yet, as Duaneski suggested, make them more specialized so they're *only* good against GH and not so versatile.
Forum Index Profile for OmegaD »» Messages posted by OmegaD