[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: eathan
Forum Index Profile for eathan »» Messages posted by eathan
New Feature Request » More veterancy please » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:
  eathan wrote:
  mistercreepy wrote:...but instead let you level up a bit when standing on a city tile.

What experience are they gaining by just standing on a city though?

Dealing with all the insurgents in the cities and collecting the taxes and then grandma has a shotgun and doesn't want to pay taxes to their new khraleans overlord so BWAM you have to mind control her with your tentacle.

Stuff like that

Not sure giving granny the tentacle is the kind of combat experience we're talking about...
  mistercreepy wrote:...but instead let you level up a bit when standing on a city tile.

What experience are they gaining by just standing on a city though?
  trineroks wrote:I personally think veterancy should be awarded at half rate every time you damage a unit instead of having to kill it. For example, a 10 HP Marine attacking a 10 HP Underling for 6 damage would earn (100 * (6/10)) = 60/2 = 30 experience. That way we'd see veterancy play into more games.

I like this idea, but half rate might make veteran units too common. Veteran units shouldn't make up too large a percentage of an army. Keeping them rare makes for more interesting gameplay.
I would love this. It would add so much to gameplay, especially on huge maps with long, drawn out battles.

I wouldn't necessarily make the levels easier to attain, but I'd love to see more levels (five would be perfect), and maybe add a sweet extra little ability at the highest level. Examples, at level five:

A marine gets an attack range of 2

A chopper gets +1 move range after attack

An underling is able to attack air units

An engineer can de-program programmed mechas

You get the idea

I also think it would be super cool if leveling up healed a point or two. So the only way to heal a wounded guardian was to make sure it got the kill shot, again and again.
Forum Index Profile for eathan »» Messages posted by eathan