[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: commentor
Forum Index Profile for commentor »» Messages posted by commentor
New Feature Request » Number of Games » Go to message
the current limit is 20, not 25.

also let us browse the open games list even if we have joined 20 games. then we can leave a game to join another one if we want. right now, we can only have 19 games going if we want to browse the open games list.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.6 iPhone » Go to message
some players are still creating games on the old Desolate map and individual games on 4-player maps with closed slots.

Green Valley and Jungle also need to be rebalanced. you can't win against blue sapiens.
Bug Reports » 1.0.6 confirmatoin prompt when exiting to the main lobby » Go to message
in the What's New in 1.0.6 section in itunes, it says:
"Removed the confirmation prompt when exiting to the Main Lobby while in an online game."

i still see a confirmation prompt after updating.
Guides & Tips » Yet another cheap exploit » Go to message
Devs, just make it so that 3m, 10m, 1h games start immediately as soon as all slots are filled. player 1 should not have the added advantage of deciding when to start the game. that will prevent people from creating a dozen 3m games and waiting to start the games until their opponent goes offline.

on a sidenote, i think there should be an option or filter to never show 3m/10m/1h games in the open games list. that would also prevent a lot of "accidental" joins by people who unintentionally join a 3m/10m/1h game.
Bug Reports » credits / turn stays 200 » Go to message
try capturing the bases instead of just standing on them.
Technical Support Questions » iPhone crashes » Go to message
uniwar was updated to 1.0.6 yesterday. maybe that could be why.
New Feature Request » Fix remaining balance issue: Mountain/ Infantry / Converters » Go to message
i just wish there was a way to beat blue sapiens on the Jungle map in the current setup. i think 100cr/base is too much for such a small map which means blue can make helis quick and neutralize any swarmer/underling combo. and garudas are useless since a couple troops in the trees can easily kill them.

same with Green Valley. blue sapiens are unbeatable if they build a heli and cap the middle base first. this maps also needs to have credits per base lowered.
General Discussion » Importance of strategic gameplay vs. base grab » Go to message
i've never seen anyone lose a base in starvation or laguna nigel and come back to win. you have to play pretty bad to lose after capturing their base first.
New Feature Request » some ideas » Go to message
i like all these ideas, esp being able to see where the enemy can move.

would also like to see all the maps in offline mode.
General Discussion » The future of the game? » Go to message
anyone else notice the dearth of rated 1-on-1 games? is it because of the holidays and everyone is away on vacation?
Technical Support Questions » Sporadic and rare push notifications » Go to message
the reason i asked if your phone was jailbroken is because hacktivated iphones (iphones that weren't activated initially with a working AT&T SIM) have issues with push because of invalid certificates which generate invalid push tokens on apple's push servers. the only solution around this problem at the moment is to purchase a unique certificate.

if your phone isn't hacktivated, or you just want to test out your push notifications, i would purchase ipush test ($0.99) and run it at various points during the day. if you get notifications through ipush within a few seconds, then push is working and it may be a uniwar specific issue. if ipush test doesn't work, then it may be a problem with your cell data provider, your phone, etc. i assume you are subscribed to a cell data plan (3G or EDGE). if you are wifi only, then push may not work reliably since wifi shuts off after 30-60 seconds when you put your phone to sleep and your phone isn't plugged in to a power source.
Bug Reports » Game crashes when selecting Play from main menu » Go to message
any estimated date for the next release and list of new features?
New Feature Request » Add ratings requirement to new games » Go to message
bad idea to add a minimum rating requirement. there are fewer and fewer fair games to join as it is because everyone just creates games on broken maps, e.g. scramble, jungle, green valley, desolate, etc. do you think by having a minimum rating requirement that someone ranked higher than you is going to join your game when they know the map is unwinnable?
New Feature Request » Exclude certain types of players from newbie games » Go to message
i feel the exact opposite. i think players should be required to play a lower ranked opponent every X amount of games. technically if you're ranked higher you should win most of the time since you have more skill. and if you lose, well, that gives a lower ranked opponent a chance to move up. the most you can win or lose is 30 points i think, and that's if the person you're playing is 300-400 points away from you.

so if you're 1800 and you lose to a 1300 player, you'd lose 30 points, but you'd also be given a chance to play against someone who's rated 2000 and get those 30 points back if you win.

the way the game is right now, no one wants to play anyone lower ranked, and the lower ranks can't move up quick enough to play the higher ranks so the gaming community is dead.

i think this is one of the reasons why you see the same players creating the same maps that end up not being played.
New Feature Request » Limit spamming of new games » Go to message
i also hate it when i see multiple games of the same map created by the same person where blue Sapien has the advantage (usually Desolate, Green Valley, Jungle, or Scramble).

i also wish there was an option to hide 3 min, 10 min, and 1 hour games. these games are pointless. if you want to play fast, you can get the same effect with a 12 hour game and just stay online and make your move quickly.

Uniwar devs, please provide an option to NEVER SHOW 3m/10m/1h games in the open games list!!!
Forum Index Profile for commentor »» Messages posted by commentor